Catch Me if You Can III

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0mm 5.4pt 0mm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0mm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} This event is started to be a tradition and earned a quite nice popularity.

Also this time we did drive same track as before, with the objective “No Stuck”, just to see if the drivers who did drive it before can improve and really will not get stuck.
And it was a great success; we had clean fast drive, with just few stuck, improvement over 80% to the previous trip. The drivers were driving respectfully and with attention, taking care about the terrain and newly formed dunes.

At the close range to Big Red with found not very pleasant accident (caused by not keeping distance), where two cars hit each other, with pop out on the first car and engine damage on the second car. Everywhere lots of glass, children and women watching their men, trying to solve this situation.
We quickly analyzed the situation and pulled out by two Nissans stuck Land Cruiser and put back the tyre, that at least one car could bring the travellers back to main road.

It was a very successful trip for all members,

Googloid
Indy
Shafiq
Milan
Desert King
Blue Eye

With great sweeping support from Faisal and always watching and taking care one-man rescue unit – Al Naqbi.

I hope to see you all soon at our next trip.
Indy

It was a great drive, fast paced and fun. It was a drive where we all learnt many things, one among them: the importance of keeping safe distance as we saw from the rather unfortunate accident involving the 2 landcuisers we came across. Looking forward to more such action packed drives..I find myself improving steadily with each drive..after the last 2 trips my confidence level in the car and myself has gone up tremendously. Thanks to capri for planning this and Faisal and Al Naqbi for the support..and for everyone who participated.. it was fun!

A few pics on the trip are here for everyone : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=14 ... aid=110646
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=caprihorse;3075] Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0mm 5.4pt 0mm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0mm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} This event is started to be a tradition and earned a quite nice popularity.

Also this time we did drive same track as before, with the objective “No Stuck”, just to see if the drivers who did drive it before can improve and really will not get stuck.
And it was a great success; we had clean fast drive, with just few stuck, improvement over 80% to the previous trip. The drivers were driving respectfully and with attention, taking care about the terrain and newly formed dunes.

At the close range to Big Red with found not very pleasant accident (caused by not keeping distance), where two cars hit each other, with pop out on the first car and engine damage on the second car. Everywhere lots of glass, children and women watching their men, trying to solve this situation.
We quickly analyzed the situation and pulled out by two Nissans stuck Land Cruiser and put back the tyre, that at least one car could bring the travellers back to main road.

It was a very successful trip for all members,

Googloid
Indy
Shafiq
Milan
Desert King
Blue Eye

With great sweeping support from Faisal and always watching and taking care one-man rescue unit – Al Naqbi.

I hope to see you all soon at our next trip.[/quote]
IT WAS A NICE DRIVE WITH you and all other marshals on that trip, it was nice and smooth and we made it fast.
I didnt want to end the trip because we lost so much time rescuing the other land cruisers, as I always travel from abu dhabi so really wanted to stay much more on sand there.
Thanks capri for you guidance and smiles.
Thanks Faisal for encouraging me.
Thanks Hassan for sharing the knowledge and smiles.
Thanks alot to my old buddies as we started together Indy and Googloid.
Thanks to Milan for his nice company as i met him for first time.
And thanks to BLUE EYES always pushing me from behind to make the other cars fast,he3hehe
Milan
Advance
Advance

My turn, I guess...

Thank you, guys, for a wonderful day in the desert. First and foremost, thanks to Capri for organizing and leading the drive. Thanks to Faisal and Al Naqbi for their efforts in making this drive safe and enjoyable. Thanks to Shafiq Jan and Hassan for their help with my fan problem. And, finally, thanks to all other participants for making this such an enjoyable experience.

I am proud to say this: During the last two months, I participated in several desert drives with different off-road clubs, to decide which one I like the most. Based on my experience with the organization of the drives, the skill level of those in charge, and - above all - the people participating in those drives, there is no doubt in my mind... Almost4x4 is MY club now.

I look forward to getting to know you guys better with each new drive. As I like to say... The best is yet to come! :)

Milan
googloid
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fantastic trip, excellent route and outstanding people. A great big thanks to Capri for a fast and furious route and to Faisal and Al Naqbi for taking good care of us...

Thanks as well to other fellow club members... Blue Eyes, Indy, Milan, Hassan, Shafiq Jan, Abu Salma, Desert King!

Almost 4x4 was the first offroad club I drove with... after that first drive I knew I didnt have to look any further :))

"Almost 4x4.... Simply you drive with the best"
blue eye
Advance
Advance

God bless all.
Alosh
Advance
Advance

Good luck every one and wish great trips
abusalma

Thanks to all the Marshals and members who participated in this wonderful trip.

I had lots of fun, but it could have been better if I had my Fortuner.

I will also like to welcome Milan to the Almost 4x4 family.
googloid
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=abusalma;3180]Thanks to all the Marshals and members who participated in this wonderful trip.

I had lots of fun, but it could have been better if I had my Fortuner.

I will also like to welcome Milan to the Almost 4x4 family.[/quote]

Abu Salma, please share with us yor experience riding briefly with Al Naqbi....:))). I really wanna hear it. Hope you did not puke... Kekekeek..
abusalma

[quote=googloid;3183]Abu Salma, please share with us yor experience riding briefly with Al Naqbi....:))). I really wanna hear it. Hope you did not puke... Kekekeek..[/quote]

Haba, It was lots of fun, better than your ride. I will show you a thing or two when I bring my Fortuner. Just you wait and seeeee