Catch me if you can II - Friday, March 4, 2011

Milan
Advance
Advance

Caprihorse, Lamboo, AlKhatib, and all the others... Thank you very much for a great trip!!! :)))

Can't wait until the next time!

Milan
FALCON
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank u milan it was a wonderful trip I had so match fun I hoop 2 see all of u soon
lamboo
Golden Member
Golden Member

thanx milan really it was anice trip with caprihorse

You are welcome any time
:045::045:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

This time we started almost on time as the majority of drivers arrived on time. The whole last week was windy and desert looked nice with all the track covered with new soft sand. A beautiful view.

After deflating, and driving first meters towards Fossil Rock, we recognized that the driving is not as usual for this area. Due to the soft sand some were steeper as they looked and few cars started to have the problems driving up. After reaching Fossil Rock, the sound of deflating tyres was dominant in sunny morning.

Steep descent from Fossil Rock brought us to Camel Rock with several stuck cars. Marshals always helped newbies to get back on the track.

Driving to Dave’s Dune, which is actually intermediate area turned to be more for advanced skills due to the fresh soft sand. Again some stuck cars reduced our tempo. Some minutes later all cars safely reached the top of Dune at Al Fayah.

Through fast track driving we proceed to Pink Rock and from there over the smaller dunes we wanted to try higher dunes. Unfortunately this area was too advanced for some of our newbie drivers, so we reduced level and quickly drive to Nizwa shops, to be on time there.

We believe that all the drivers found this trip interesting, challenging and funny.

We thank following participants to have been with us:

Indy
Fofoxxx
Hassan
Ahmedjamal
NuwaN
speed
Ahmad
Abu Marwan
Milan

Of course, great help from all Marshals that contributed heavily to the success of this trip:
Hamdan, AlKhAtib, Falcon, lamboo, Althabab, Zico
Indy

It was a challenging drive, at a point near the top of Al Fayah Dune the wind was blowing sand over the top of the dune making it difficult to see..it was a different drive altogether..amazing how winds can change the driving conditions..the last drive in the same area we found the sand firm and smooth..this time it was soft and loose requiring more skill and caution to drive on.. the dunes too seemed steeper on the leeward side, with soft sand.. we had numerous stucks, but it's all a part of learning watching even the more experienced get stuck and pop-outs.. ultimately it ended well with all cars completing the run..

A few pics are here for everyone : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=14 ... aid=108942

Trip members please share your pics too.

Congrats to the new Marshals : Caprihorse, Falcon, Lamboo, Althahab, Hamdan.. (thanks for helping with the names, Falcon..-:)

Any newbie/intermediate upgrades in this trip?
FALCON
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Indy;2551]It was a challenging drive, at a point near the top of Al Fayah Dune the wind was blowing sand over the top of the dune making it difficult to see..it was a different drive altogether..amazing how winds can change the driving conditions..the last drive in the same area we found the sand firm and smooth..this time it was soft and loose requiring more skill and caution to drive on.. the dunes too seemed steeper on the leeward side, with soft sand.. we had numerous stucks, but it's all a part of learning watching even the more experienced get stuck and pop-outs.. ultimately it ended well with all cars completing the run..

A few pics are here for everyone : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=14 ... aid=108942

Trip members please share your pics too.

Congrats to the new Marshals : Caprihorse, Falcon, Lamboo, Althahab, Faisal.. (I hope I have not forgotten anybody here..-:)

Any newbie/intermediate upgrades in this trip?[/quote]

thank u Indy
Althahab is Faisal u miss Hamdan

and if ther is any upgrades u will see it son
ahmedjamal

Thank you guys for making this trip wonderful
hope to do it again

and indy i cant view the pics .. it say page expired
Indy

[quote=ahmedjamal;2554]Thank you guys for making this trip wonderful
hope to do it again

and indy i cant view the pics .. it say page expired[/quote]

Sorry AJ - please try again.. it should be up now..
ahmedjamal

[quote=Indy;2555]Sorry AJ - please try again.. it should be up now..[/quote]

Perfect
Beautiful pics

keep it up
Hassan
Golden Member
Golden Member

capri it was nice trip and more nice friends...
Indy nice photos:To roll up shafiq.