Stars Track X

dorudoru
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello All,

I was a passenger for this drive, so I am going to cut it short. However, it is very exciting to see the new batches coming after us.

My batch joined 2 CM drives before and I can see how much we developed during these time and how much we bonded with our own batch.

However, we all know that we are still little babies on the sand and we have a lot to learn.

As everyone told if, you did not stuck or had a pop out or any second try, be sure that you will have all of these with time and that's the part of learning. Plus, those events create lots of bonding time have a nice day.

Looking forward to drive with excited fresh newbies!

See you on the sand!
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone,

Even though the drive was not meant to be for “grown-ups” we managed to persuade @Barish to allow us joining the drive so many thanks to him and the rest of the Marshals. thumbsup

At the meeting point there were countless number of unknown faces and cars so I was happy to see that a new batch of starts is coming. And most of the “usual suspects” also showed up always trying to take a seat in every single drive Psmiley

I was positioned as second lead in @presa convoy so many thanks for that have a nice day , with @Tomvanhouten as the sweeper and @Gabor and @Jasper supporting the team.

As written in previous reports, the selected area as not easy as expected for this level so we faced several second tries and stucks specially at the back of the convoy. As per my records, we spent 1:24h stopped with 3:18h of total drive…not too bad for this area. The convoy members really did a good job. ORLY

Due to the high temperature and lack of movement at some moments I observed my Pajero overheating almost reaching the danger zone (3/4) wtfsmilie . I have never seen that before, so I was a bit surprised (and scared) and found out that I left the A/C working for a while with the car stopped. you're kidding, right

As soon as I switch off the a/c and resumed the pace the temperature came back to normal and no more technical issues experienced beyond hitting the front bumper (whatever remains) and bending the name plate whut . Usual side effects fixed with a few more cable ties. I lost the count on cable ties used. grin

Looking forward to driving in EIB soon.

See you soon.

Carlos
Barish
Marshal
Marshal

Hello everyone,

It was very clear from the beginning of the week after the CM how the event will be; how many members we have asked to upgrade until last night before the drive. Impressive!

Usually these drives right after the CM are for to remove the stain from you at an area that includes all type of terrains. We have seen straight crests, arches, technical areas between small to mid size dunes. You get to know your car, we get to know you and you get to know us and others in your level. You did second tries, you got stuck..all are part of the game. The more you experience different situations, the more you will learn.

Now its time to experience different things in your new level and enjoy your journey.

Welcome all again to Almost 4x4 and your Newbie level which will be your school to learn.

Dont forget; change never starts if improvement is not there.

See you next time.

Barish
Flor

Good morning Almosters!!
First of all thanks to @Barish for set up the drive.
As this drive was for -5 drivers we were not supposed to go but we just tried and got a place in!
It was my first time being a second lead and was really nice.
The drive started slow and it was fun seeing the new comers driving, doing second try and recovery. We were driving in a technical area so you can expect a lot of action there! I was driving so well until I found a ditch! OMG, everyone was trying to help jumping in my car but it didnt work so finally I needed a pull and thats it!
Thanks to @James for sweeper, @Rashidjass , @optimus and @Youssef.Abdelhady for the support.
Looking forward to see you in EIB guys!

Flor.-