Back on track II

Stephan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone.

I was very excited to see that there was a 10+ drive last weekend. With all the excitement, during registration, there was a glitch and could not register for the drive. Luckily @Solmaz and @Daggerfall made a second convoy and I was able to register.

Arriving at the meeting point, we were split into two convoys - non glitch convoy and the glitch convoy. After we had our briefing, it was time for the drive. Just before we left, @Booy said to @Daggerfall : "You can push them, they have all been to Liwa ." You could see @Daggerfall had a big smile on his face!

The convoy was led by @Daggerfall and @Tomvanhouten as second lead. Right from the beginning of the drive we were pushed to our limits and I noticed something was strange with this drive, but I could not figure out what is was. A few minutes later I discovered the unique lines that @Daggerfall approached when cresting over to the other side! Man that was a challenging technique to maintain, but wow it was amazing to give a go! The whole drive was unique and I am sure that every Newbie in this convoy can agree that this drive was something new!

Thanks to all the Marshals and support for helping and guiding us through the drive. It was an awesome experience. See you at the Desert Gazing night drive.

Cheers
Stephan
See you soon
Cheers
Stephan
mpodroid
media
media

Two options on last weekend: wake up early and drive to Abu Dhabi for an intermediate drive or take it easy and support newbies in the afternoon?

Marshals spent a lot of their spare time to give us fun, older intermediate (now advanced) supported and rescued me multiple times in my drives with the club: I choose to give back and return some help to the new generations :-)

I joined @Daggerfall convoy, supported by @Booy and @Jasper floating, myself sweeping. It was my 3rd drive as support team, but so far no need to provide support. Well, this weekend I had to work hard. We had multiple situations, stuck and pop outs. Drive has been challenging for the convoy but that’s OK: we all learned by our mistakes.

Amazed watching @Booy doing self-recovery on a soft patch of sand and pleased to give him a push ;-)

There are many off-road clubs in country, but it is nice to see that there are people that still enjoy sharing their knowledge and passion, just for the pleasure of having some fun together, giving back, for free.

This week let’s watch some less common fragments :-)

At the end of the day I was tired but happy. A warm welcome back to @Daggerfall, a thanks to @Solmaz for the drive and to @Jasper for the supervision.

A special thank, more than ever, to @Booy for his dedication to the club.
If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost.
Rune's Rule
Murphy's Law
dorudoru
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello Almosters,

Very late report, but I cannot pass this drive without a trip report. Everyone above summarized the drive perfectly, I will just quickly go over my experience.

First of all, thanks to @Daggerfall and @Booy , so that craving newbies get the second convoy.

Huge thanks to @Solmaz for a great lead, incredibly gentle side crests and spotless lines she follows. It is such a great pleasure to follow such a flawless lead.

Till now, Al Faqa is my favorite area in Dubai. And I had the honor of being second lead behind @Solmaz. This was my first second lead experience and I had such a blast behind the Marshal.

Our convoy lacked a bit of flow, so I can see that we were still not in that level where Solmaz was pushing us. However, we will be better soon and we will try to keep up with perfect lines of @Solmaz.

Special thanks to @Agalon to handle all the stucks, second tries. Additionally, great support from @Rathica and @Johanna.

Enjoy the video from the drive.

See you on the sand!