Zero Gravity 16th April.

David
Intermediate
Intermediate

Well well well ... lets start from the beginning, 5AM start on a Friday morning, drive so good I would have woken up one hour earlier for it.

"Less is more", Presa leading and only 5 interm, Christiaan, Petr, Rathica, Samer and myself. I know this is going to sound wrong guys and I also know this will not last long but I am loving these intermediate drives with very few drivers ... Psmiley

The drive, we all know Marshalls can drive but I think there is always something special when Marshalls drive in those areas they love and know well, Presa seems to have done this same track "a few" times before, he knows every dune and every inch of the area, it does show as he delivers an incredible mixture of high climbs-crests and medium dunes with continuous cresting side to side, all of it at a great pace, I just loved it, I can only hope he feels like taking us there again soon. have a nice day

In my humble personal opinion everyone in the convoy did really well, very good flow that allowed to make some fantastic combinations, even the "breaks" were fab, great company and not too hot so you could be outside your car comfortably. thumbsup

Special mention to Samer, not only fasting if not driving like hell, helping in the few rescues that there were and the full drive with no AC and windows down to get that little extra power that makes the difference when you are about to cream those high crests. cool

Final words to the Marshall, if not mistaken this was my 10th intermediate drive since getting the upgrade (all that there were minus one that I was not allowed to join as only Interm10+) and 3 of them thanks to Presa, the most "active" for us (since I am Interm. ) so I think it is more than fair to say thank you not only for today's drive if not also for looking after us so well in general. thumbsup thumbsup

See you on the sand soon!!!
Petr
Intermediate
Intermediate

The meeting time made me to wake up at 4:30 and leave home at 5, in the darkness, passing people leaving mosques after their first service of the day. Then observing the sunrise with the hot air balloons in the sky over E66 road - the typical Friday morning scenery that I will never stop enjoying.

@presa overtook me on the way and showed me the shortcut I didn't know, that saves a few km from passing the meeting point, making a complicated U-turn and return back. (For those who don't know: You take the left turn from the hiway before the meeting point, then instead of finishing the U-turn you cross the tarmac to the gravel, turn right and then continue parallel to the road until you reach the desert gate to the meeting point).

@David makes it easy for us - he is always first and very detailed in his report, so we can just say "that's absolutely right" :).

The small convoy as he mentioned was enjoying, this Sweihan area is Presa's playground (as David said), so he can get us through all the dunes in a nice and fast paced flow, that was rarely interrupted, since all drivers did great job and the second triers reconnected the convoy from the back. I must say I love this system - intermediates should be able to take care about themselves and catch up, which is a funny part of the game.

The weather was great (yes, David said that too :)) that didn't troubled much our Jeeps that prevailed in this convoy (and made it much prettier ;)). After reaching Naqrah dune, Presa took the convoy back to the entry point and I decided to continue the eastbound to reach the road there. I met a desert fox running away from her den. I suppressed the temptation to get closer to explore the den and instead I left straight away to evacuate her home area. Soon I reached the road and inflated under a bridge.

It was a lovely morning, we are all grateful @presa to spending your time with us, and a great company and chat with my peers @Rathica, @Christiaan, @SameRaptoRed (I am looking forward to the videos!) and @David.
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters!

We had a great drive this Friday morning!

Much was told by @David but the trip report is always a space that you can give your impressions, like, dislike and let others know how was your drive with Almost 4x4.

The idea of the drive was to give a chance for playing around in Sweihan for those in AD and anyone willing to get tested :)

Time was adjusted so anyone fasting could join directly and we finish without strong sunlight. Let me know if we need 30min sooner or later with the time...

The small convoy did great! @Rathica, @SameRaptoRed , @David, @Petr with their Wranglers were doing great! No overheating, no broken suspension, cloaked filter... I fell like me and @Christiaan were driving in a convoy full of FJs!!! Jokes apart is there were not a single mechanical issue at the drive, what is not common at this level, very few second tries and I had a lot of fun exploring the different capabilities of each car!!

Nagra is still with the main climbing closed, but you can explore it by the both sides and the back.

Hope to see you all next weekend and enjoy the beautiful night drives!
Rathica
Crew
Crew

I am going to keep mine short and sweet as @David said it all❀️
The weather was great and the drive to AD was pleasant. I arrived in the nick of time to join the drive having had Waze take me to a closed gate 😱before the meeting point. It was not a problem as I got some exercise fighting with the gate and more sand time - stopping at another convoy 🀑 before reaching the correct meeting point πŸ˜ƒ

As always @presa did not fail to impress with the fast pace and easy flow. We got high dunes, winding ridges and sharp crests and triple cross climb in Nagara. There were dunes where the Jeeps just flew up and some were the sand was like powder so you had to give it everything you got to reach the top.we all had a chance to play second leadπŸš™πŸš™πŸš™πŸš™πŸš—

Nagara was a blast and we left no part of it untouched - up, down and around - repeat πŸ₯³

@presa @Petr @SameRaptoRed @Christiaan and @David it was such a pleasure driving with you guys. Looking forward to the next sand bash With 5 guys and a girl πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒ
Join me drawing in the sand
πŸ‘‘Dauntless πŸš™πŸ’¨
Christiaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Like the others already explained the convoy was nice and small. It was a crisp morning with 19 degrees showing in the car as I stopped to meet @SameRaptoRed and @David . We deflated and @presa , @Petr arrived. Shortly after @Rathica was there and we were ready.

Presa started at a nice pace and we had some nice crests and climbs. We stopped a few times to have a nice talk and share some stories. At Nagra presa took us over each and every crest he could find and reach. The convoy was a bit different with 4 jeeps against the 2 FJ's but it was great fun.

Thanks to all for a very nice morning. Thanks Presa for all the pointers on the gears in the high dunes.
Hope to see you all soon.
SameRaptoRed
Intermediate
Intermediate

This is one of the best ans shortest drives we did , the weather was great in early morning .
First met @David in the petrol station with small chat then to the meeting point .
As usual one of the most welcoming marshal in the group , @presa you are one of you kind .
The convoy was jeepers 🀝 i enjoyed every moment speacially we drive with freedom so i coould see almost most of the cars in my camer 😊
Thanks all , @Christiaan @David @Petr and @Rathica the lady of the convoy
See you on sand
Sand is where i find myself performing thumbsup