Queen Bees - Ladies Drive

Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everyone,

another drive especially for us ladies - I am so happy to see an increasing number of women joining this amazing hobby and our Almost4x4 family.
We met in the afternoon close to Al Faqaa and it was freaking hot already (I am really not yet ready for summer TT TT ) and @Solmaz gave us a quick briefing of our basic rules and safety measures as we had a brave girl who joined us for her first desert experience ever! :yuush:

Off we went to pay Al Faqaa dunes a visit with @Solmaz leading the convoy, followed by @Cyndi with copilot Snowy. @Rathica made sure no one gets lost at the back while I was floating aound ORLY

The beginning was quite technical and we had some stucks and second tries, but after the warm up the convoy flew nicely over the dunes.
@Solmaz did an amazing job to find the right level so everyone could enjoy the drive while being safe. in love

Towards the end of the drive we had to fix a pop out under harsh conditions... Slipping car jacks, stubborn tyre valves, heavy sandstorm... wtfsmilie
At the end we had to change the whole tyre as we were running out of daylight. And yes, we had some help by our male passengers Psmiley

We reached Al Qudra in the dark, tired, but with the "we made it" spirit!

Ladies, you are incredible! @Viktoriia (This woman can drive EVERY car in the desert) made my day when she said I look like @Rashidjass when I was enjoying the privilege of floating...
@Laarni drove flawless as if she never did something else (congrats to the bumper) @Claude made all manoveurs look so easy and effortless, @Flor made incredible progress in the last drives, @Jeannette did a great job handling her (not easy to handle ) Pajero well in the dunes @Rathica fellow intermediate and badass woman par excellence, @Cyndi please come back, we miss you, and of course @Solmaz our only female marshal who is simply amazing! in love

A big shoutout to our new comer girl (I have to admit I forgot your name ), incredible job as a first timer!
I really hope we can do this more often as we have a growing number of woman now in love
BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.
Claude

Very hot day indeed and full of adventures! Thank you very much ladies for the drive. pacman
Very cool initiative @Solmaz for creating this special event and for all the support and great care demonstrated by the whole team. thumbsup
@Johanna :It was indeed very cool to see you floating around and pass full vroum ;) on the top of the nearby dunes. I so much look forward to be able to do that too! Psmiley
Trying to fix the pop-out in the sandstorm was quite an experience for sure… we all gonna die
Luckily the weather went back to more normal conditions and we finished the drive all good and happy.
Ultimately, thanks to the great advices of @Solmaz to find a camping spot, my copilot and I went back into the desert to find a nice place for the night. Always fun to see how the dunes end up growing at night… :) wtfsmilie

Looking forward to the next opportunity to drive with you ladies ! have a nice day pacman thumbsup
Last edited by Claude on Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vika

Hello everyone, who participated and who did not participate, but heard !!! Psmiley

Thanks, girls, for your trip reports, so i take the baton with great pleasure. Queen Bee's Drive was dedicated to International Women's Day, for which special thanks to our one and only Lady-Marshal @Solmaz . So only girls took part, the boys could only watch from the side without any comments, otherwise, they risked to stay in the desert until the end of the drive. Joke pacman . We are not like that :innocent: .

Well, let's go, the event started at 2.30pm with a short briefing, for which we had to find a suitable tree and to hide in the shade from 42Β° :beaten: @Solmaz was leading, @Cyndi was the second lead, I was in the middle of the convoy, @Rathica was keeping an eye at the end, @Johanna was floating, looking after all of us. I must note that each star is not easy to get at all. Very few can manage to reach the rank of Marshal, the Marshal is not only an excellent driver, but above all is a Leader, who is responsible for the entire convoy, with which @Solmaz coped impeccably, showing the ability to adjust the complexity of the drive to the level of the members, ensures maximum security. In turn, @Rathica provided the proper support like a sweeper, while @Johanna conquered the tops of the dunes, with a bird's eye view of glossy behind us. And at that moment I realized, where I had already seen it .. Of course, @Rashidjass , and naturally I could not help but voice it. @Johanna is an incredibly cool girl. thumbsup

Of course, it was not without second attempts, rescue and selfrecovery. In the end, we had to fix the popout and everything would be fine, if a sandstorm had not come from nowhere wtfsmilie . It was impossible to breathe, there was no way to see it, the sand whipped painfully over the body and the tyre did not want to give in. :XD: The day was approaching sunset .. A quick and correct decision to change the tyre saved the situation. And what do you think, as soon as we changed the tyre, the sandstorm is over. ORLY

We returned after dark, tired but happy.

Thank you girls for amazing drive blank

Looking forward to see you soon.

Viktoriia in love
"The most effective way to do it, is just to do it"
Rathica
Crew
Crew

Another incredible Almosters event. It was nostalgic for me as @Solmaz introduced me to offroading. I felt more comfortable having my first go in the sand among my Queen Bees and I am sure that this Generation of Queen Bees felt the same.

@Solmaz is an incredible lead and knows exactly how to choose the lines and adapt to the level of the drivers. Al Faqaa is not an easy terrain but she found the right challenges for the Queen 🐝🐝🐝. They had a chance to practice side slopes and straight Cresting as well as chase the sunset across the Subkas.

@Johanna was a kickass floaterπŸš™πŸ’ͺ🏽. She was all over keeping a steady eye on all drivers with swift recoveries.

@Cyndi was super in second lead keeping the lines for the convoy steady. You rock gal❀️

There were a few recoveries so our floater got to flex her muscles repeatedly. We were making progress on a pop out when a sandstorm from hell decided to join the funπŸ˜€ leaving us caked in sand from head to toe and everywhere in between 🀣

Queen 🐝🐝🐝 @Victoria , @Laarni , @Claude , @Flor @Jeannette You all were amazing ❀️ and we would love to see you join us @Solmaz, @Cyndi and @Johanna in the sand as we need more female power.

Top Tip: drive alone. You will be a far better driver without the passenger ear yacking. Driving is about feeling and women are driven by feeling - so we drive by feeling - with feeling πŸš™πŸš™πŸš™πŸ‘ΈπŸΌπŸπŸ’ƒπŸ’ͺ🏽
Join me drawing in the sand
πŸ‘‘Dauntless πŸš™πŸ’¨
Laarni
media
media

helllooo everyone...hope you are all doing good and in good health...its late but i will never miss to do this...since this ladies drive was the first off road experience for me last year( birds of prey) also the reason i decided to be an offroader... blank , okay about our queen bees drive...its an amazing drive thou not so fast all through out since we have newbie newbies and we have a cm with us, but even thou i really learn new things also...like to be more in control of my car and the feeling for the sand...and off course to see and meet the ladies off roader of almost 4x4 club...and its all thanks to all the ladies who joined the drive and to the effort of our Marshal @Solmaz and rescue and support @Johanna @Rathica and @Viktoriia that really take the time to give us our very own ladies drive.. cool

thank you ladies for the support and effort for making this ladies drive succesful...im hoping to see you all again next year!!!!!