Second step 4WD

Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Great reports - thank you everybody.

Our convoy was supposed to follow Big Red, but big Red decided he had enough for the day, so plan B kicked in.

Our convoy did really great! We started off slow with lots of straight crests, and little by little increased the speed and momentum, to see if everyone would manage to keep up, and so they did.

Our level of driving was no more than newbie 5+ level. What made it so enjoyable was the excellent flow. We maintained a constant speed, passed over the dunes very elegantly and managed to do so with very few stops in between.

I hope to see you all again very soon in the sand, and am excited to share your off-roading journey with you.

Till next time...
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
Agalon
Marshal
Marshal

Hi everybody...
Thanks for all the nice trip reports. Enjoyed reading all of them.
I was a bit late so in a rush we seperated from the other convoy due to regulations and met again a few meters ahead. I was still deflating :))
Did a small briefing, lined up the convoy and headed to our destination... My plan was to practice control of momentum and using speed to tackle the dunes instead of power.
In the first half we ended up in a technical area where we really did get out well with only one pop-out... it was a success from my point of view. Nice reminder that you never know what’s waiting behind the next dune.
Later on we increased the pace with a nice flow, arches, inclined climbs and a side cresthish pass. I saw some 2nd tries due to fighting gravity. This is the level where you can practice the correct speed and approach. Don’t refrain from making multiple tries till you get the correct one.
There was one bowl that was mentioned by @dorudoru . It was a perfect example showing power is not a solution to all problems. Correct approach and good timing to push the throttle are critical.
We ended up on the flat ground and racing towards ending point where we lost our half on the way entering the last small dune group. Reminder with reference to CM briefing, you always have to watch the car behind and front... it is very easy to lose the convoy and really hard sometimes to get back together. Somehow it is sorted out and we finished our drive with a single convoy with no cars lost 😂
One more time thanks for the company and thanks to our supports @optimus and @Gabor .
Till next time...
AGALON
/ Wrangler JK'18
Laarni
media
media

hello everyone...im hoping that all of u is in your best condition ever, as for my report i think i will go directly to my highlight of the day since most of u already mention what happen from the beginning of the drive...but nways after the assignment of group we just quickly move to briefing area of our convoy lead by @agalon, but before we even start my husband (@ tomvanhouten)has to resign from the drive ( due to technical issue ).
our convoy was lead by agalon and followed by@stephan and me and @dorudoru and so on..( already mention by everyone)
so the drive  started...well its my first fast drive with a lot of arches and side slopping..i really learn alot..and every drive for me is a learning stage but this one is soo exciting and thrilling..but of course we have encounter difficulties even me..that i tailed the car i am following..but yeah i have my reason but its not right..so as the drive went on we finally stop for i dont know what reason since we are at the front..we waited for almost an hour and continue again...

since its getting dark we started heading to the exit point..but we lost have of the convoy...but later connected again.. as it is dark already we drive fast enough to be in our inflating point..so yeah thats it..

the drive really teaches us new things thanks to the marshals and the organizers whose really taking and giving their time freely for us..

thanks you all