Scream Aim Fire - 5th Feb

David
Intermediate
Intermediate

Got very excited when I saw this drive on the app, all the Marshalls are exceptionally good but also all have different driving styles so I was very happy to get the opportunity to follow a new Marshall, bonus points one with the best possible desert car ... pacman

MP came and even more good news, my favorite route that does not require a PCR at the moment, just one concern, that sadly came into picture in the second half of the drive.

Convoy, light and small, ideal conditions for a fab afternoon in the sand, Agalon leading, Daggerfall keeping us safe, the 2 advanced (Kareem and Haider) plus 5 interm, Johanna, Rathica, Samer, Sorin and myself with Samer and his 360 gopro given the job of being the 2nd lead. cool

Spaniards have a saying about those from my region (Galicia), they do say that when you find a Galician in the stairs landing you never know if he is going up or coming down, well, Agalon could well be one of us ... Psmiley His driving and approach to dunes is full of surprises, I am not sure if he keeps on changing his mind or does not decide what to do until the last minute, always testing the limit of what the car can do, it became very clear in the 1st set of dunes, going up and when about to crest ... ups, not this way, lets see if we can do it there instead that looks a bit more difficult, great fun that required full attention in the drive, always to make sure you are carrying enough momentum and speed for a possible change of mind. have a nice day

One 2nd try for me in the afternoon, dune I know quite well, no way he is ... ups yes he is, by the time I floored it already too late, go down and do it again TT TT . My recommendation for those who follow him for the 1st time, always make sure enough momentum, you might need it or not and that will be decided at the very last minute.

1st half of the drive up to more or less Super Bowl was fab, so much fun, personally very comfortable as the way I like drives, changes, arches, crest, and now back, on the other side, ... very beautiful and enjoyable. in love

After Super bowl the traffic started, car, quads, tourists, ... I can not remember Badayer being so busy pissed off , obviously Agalon had to adapt to the conditions and could not flow over the dunes the way he wanted, we abandoned the bigger busier ones for a bit and play "Lets see who can stay on the crest the longest" in the lower ranges, again, great fun.

Drive finished in the busy Badayer shops with one car less than those that started (I will let you guess if Jeep or reliable FJ)

Finally to thank both Agalon and Daggerfall for a fantastic afternoon of fun in the sand enjoyed in great company. pacman
Sorin
media
media

Hi guys & gals,

Ever since I was a newbie and had one drive which Agalon was leading I always wondered what would an intermediate drive with him would be like. OSMILEY

On a peaceful afternoon I found out grin

It was in Badayer and despite the fact that there weren’t many fresh dunes left un-flattened, @Agalon still delivered a thrilling drive that I enjoyed very very much.

It started with ALOT of second tries for me & my old Jeep but once the embarrassment was lifted and the tire pressure dropped even further (5 psi) I managed to keep up with the rest of the pack and enjoy.

We finished a bit early due to the heavy traffic in the area and that left me wanting more as I was properly warmed up by that time :))

Big thanks to @Agalon , @Daggerfall , @kareem.alameldin and @haider alnuaimi

All the intermediate drivers, sorry for holding the convoy at the beginning of the drive :D and thank you too for your company.

See you all soon hopefully
I approve this message ⬆️
Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi guys,

no long story this time, just a video.

I was super happy to see @Agalon, @Daggerfall and @Solmaz back together in the sand.
We missed you guys thumbsup

BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.