Morning routine:
  • Get up
    Have a coffee
    Recover a vehicle
    Recover another vehicle
    Help fix a pop out
    Go home thumbsup

Shortest trip report in the club ever grin

@Booy was leading our convoy with myself @Johanna in the convoy & @Abu Odai floating. I placed myself behind 2 Pajero's & a Land Cruiser wtfsmilie , yes my thoughts exactly, but hey it was called morning routine grin .

We headed into the desert & it was not long before we had the first recovery...@Johanna sorted that out for us & we were on our way again. Not long the cruiser had a little judgement error & ended up in a very soft patch. The viking rope came & not long we were on our way again. The area started getting a bit more technical & the cars in front of me did the stop start routine, @Booy told everybody to keep distance & things started going better. While crossing a dune I saw @Abu Odai "parked" on a dune, not long I heard him calling @Johanna for some help...she replied "You need my help", she sounded very surprised.

We kept going till a pop out stopped the convoy in its tracks, while heading back I saw a Jeep that started loosing some body parts, I took out my size 8 spanner (left foot) & removed the body part. We made quick work of the pop out & was back on the road again.

While crossing a dune the Cruiser did not have enough momentum & got crested, viking rope cam out & soon we were going again.

Overall it was a relaxed drive from my side, but I believe for the new drivers they learned a few lessons, keeping distance, momentum & using the radio.

Thank you @Booy for the drive, @Johanna & @Abu Odai for helping with the rescues.

Till we meet in the sand again, stay safe.
    Greetings
    Rooies
Nobody Gets Left Behind
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello Almosters,

Thank you for all the great trip reports.

Due to huge demand for this morning drive, thank you to @alshamsi_m and @Solmaz we could open a second convoy and ensure all interested drivers got some sand action.

We divided the convoys equally, with everyone having similar amounts of drives in both convoys. (less than 10)

Our convoy had their taste of stucks and second tries, but everyone played safe. This is the aim of these drives - get to know the behavior of your car, get to learn the correct speed to tackle obstacles and get comfortable and confident within yourself.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in the upcoming drives.

Regards,

Booy
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door