Morning routine

Abo Sager

Hi Almosters,

The Morning Routine was more important to me than any other trip, it was my ticket back into the game :ninja: :ninja:

I joined Almost 4X4 more than 3 years back and had my CM trip in October 2017. had another trip shortly after and then became radio silent since. It was also my first drive with my project "The Grey Hawk" which basically is a 2005 3.5L Pathfinder painted differently (but don't you think the name is kinda a nice).

I almost missed registration as the trip and its waiting list were full ONE minute after registration start. It's not easy being a beginner these days.

@Booy @alshamsi_m came to the rescue and added everyone who wanted to join, me included, ORLY . Thank you mates, love you both, you're the best.

We split into two convoys one was lead by Shamsi and the other by Booy,, mine was Booy's.

The trip started with a goof up on my part, as my manual hubs were not engaged (Yub, I've got manual hubs now), so basically I was in two wheel drive. Long story short, i got bogged, @Johanna snatched me out, the world was lovely again, out of goofy land into normal off-road mode. Thank you Johana.

The rest of the trip was amazing as we crazed in dunes and flats and technical dunes (still don't know what these are 100%, just heard Booy say that on the radio and thought it sounded professional).

A few second tries from some drivers, a couple of detached bumpers from others, and a few self recoveries/snatch out of stuck situation, just another day in the desert, but an amazing one. Oh and I got my Almost 4x4 flag and sticker (#NoStickerNoHelp)

I met @Zain and @jeepers76 and many more that I believe will be future friends as all Almost 4X4 family.

What I liked the most about this drive was the control and safety of the convoy, secured by our crew and intermediate drivers whom you feel live under the sand and just pop up from anywhere to watch over the convoy and provide guidance, help and support. And off-course that family feel when you go for a drive with Almost 4x4.

I was happy to see @Johanna who joined the CM trip with me (3 year back) make it to a Crew level and drive seamlessly like she did.

See you all soon on the sand have a nice day
Laarni
media
media

Good Day dear almosters..its was a very good weekend for me having the "morning routine" as a -10 drive, our day started arriving at the meeting point with almost everyone whose very excited as well. at exactly 5 minutes before the drive started the convoy has been divided into 2 groups with Boouy and Al Shamsi..

I was placed with Al shamsi's convoy having @Victoria (thanks for the girl power support) as a second lead, the drive started nicely grin , until we reached into the pop out territory.. :boo!: i got stuck and did some self recovery, that was a very good learning stage for me experiencing that :;^^: ....as we continued...we faced a lot of challenging obstacles and technical dunes..i managed to survived until the end but we have couples of second try, stuck s and pop outs. but in the end of the drive I really noticed that everyone has enjoyed and still hoping to have more.

thanks to all the Marshal's who planned this carefully...and accommodating everyone who wanted to join. thank you very much @alshamsi @Booy @Solmaz and everyone who gathers up to help and support all of us..

thank you and moreee drives pleaseee thumbsup
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello everyone

I received a call 📞 from @Booy asking if it is possible to be there for the high demand from the newbies to make another convoy. To my surprise I found that @Solmaz was there too.

I got the fresh 10- but I had no intention to go nice today   :yarr: so they test some of Eggs in Basket style.  Nevertheless, @Solmaz was there to help all the lost souls and bring them back to the convoy.

We had 4 pop outs with couple of stucks including me yaeh am not durnk but all in all it was a good training day.

Had to rush at the end to catch up with the other convoy on time.

Before I close the report I would like to thank @brett for the sandwiche, it seems that he made a promise the day before on the chat.  Which I have no idea about but I got a sandwiche.

Thanks all for driving with us and keep the sandwiches flying   thumbsup

Cheers
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Abu Hasnain

Hello Guys,,

First of all Thanks to @alshamsi_m , @Booy and @Solmaz for the newbie trip. Always a pleasure joining you all.

I was in the @alshamsi_m convoy and straight away stucks and pop outs with a bit of technical track and mind you all these situation is always loved by Mr. Shamsi. He just want us all to learn something in every trip and takes us in a challenging mode. Well, I learned that one should have 100% concentration on these technical drives. You lose your basics once you lose your focus. At one time, there was 6-7 times pop out word used in just 10 seconds on radio., pretty funny of Mr. Shamsi and Solmaz conversation. yaeh am not durnk

Thanks to Yazan for immediate pop out help every time. Thanks to all Support and members.

Waiting for the next trip.
Abu Hasnain
jeepers76

Hello All My Fellow Almosters

I am finding it hard to describe my experience on this drive, can't find the right words.

OK, let me start by referring to my previous experience as second seater on AL WAGAN Drive (Intermediate Level). Drive at Al Wagan was not only produced a surge of Adrenaline; but also was a great learning experience. Spending whole day on the drive with a Marshal, gives ample opportunity to second seater to consistently observe what driver is doing and how he is tackling different obstacles and negotiating highs and lows of an unforgiving terrain.

Second, just before the drive (thanks to a lot of good advice by club members); I changed the wheel setup on my Jeep. Previously, I had noisy and terrain hugging COOPER DISCOVERER STT PRO (33x12.5x15) tires. Which I switched over to YOKOHAMA GEOLANDER GO15-285x70R17s.

Now back to the drive, the newbie drive was divided into -10 and +10, and obviously I was part of -10.
Reached the RV at about 8:30 am, deflated and started interacting with the group members. Around 9:00 am, two groups were made, one under Al Shamsi and other under Booy. I was part of @Booy group, as a normal SOP Pejaros were placed after second lead and two intermediates were placed in the convoy to ensure safety and discipline.

Drive started, and my jeep was performing better than I expected. Drive was relatively easy, however there were some recoveries at very early stages. At the later stages @Booy endeavored to make the drive a bit challenging by side cresting on few dunes, and pushing through technical area with a bit of speed.

Drive went overall smoothly, no major breakdowns, everyone performed well. There were some new members that I have not seen during the previous drives (or I am relatively new). Group was big, about 21 newbies, and I can imagine how big a responsibility Marshals have to shoulder, for safety and security of group. Hats off to their dedication and willingness to march on despite the risks.

Purely based on my experience; obviously after Al Wagan drive and the vast amount of learning that I accrued, this drive was very easy. I was very calm, no where during the drive I had to drive on D2, I was driving on 4x4 H, and the RPMs did not cross 2500 at any point in time. Through out the drive, I was doing two things, thanking in my heart that I attended intermediate level drive, and praising the new tire/wheel setup. I think everybody should go to intermediate drive, as second seater. Firstly it enables unique experience and lot of learning just by observation.

During the drive, had very good interactions with @Abo Sager and @NahorJP, and few other members.

Special thanks to @Shamsi and @Booy, for arranging the drive. Expecting to see more shortly.

Best of Luck, and looking forward to seeing all in near future.
@jeepers76
Umer Jameel Shah
Oldbie with a FJ
@jeepers76
brett
Crew
Crew

Goon Morning Almosters,

Here we are on Sunday morning and it is "Routine" sitting in the office.
Friday morning was not Routine (thankfully)

I cant continue with the report until I give a huge thank you to @Booy @A alshamsi , @Solmaz and the Crew who made this happen. the original drive slots filled in 0.00001 seconds on opening. with 10 Drivers on waitlist. again thanks guys for opening up the slots and allowing all the waitlisters a drive.

We assembled at meeting point and after a brief briefing the group was split into 2 convoys. I was placed in the Convoy with the infamous @alshamsi as lead.

Off we went
Amazing drive with fast sections and more technical areas. I think we had a total of 4 Pop outs which was a great learning experience for the Newbies in the convoy. I was one of the 4 towards the end of the drive, just prior to my pop out the radio banter was coming thick and fast - "watch out in this area someone will get a pop out" so with those words I was jinxed ! the pop out was fixed in extra quick time with help of intermediates and Crew as it was the 4th of the day it was becoming a routine to get it fixed with out delay.

Concentration is certainly key to having an uneventful drive - at the beginning of the drive I just wasn't in the zone ! I managed to get stuck 2 twice requiring self recovery and 2nd attempts. once I found my groove things were much better (until the pop out).

we arrived at Al Qudra around 1230 a bit behind schedule (due to the pop outs, 2nd tries and recoveries) it was a day of ups and downs with plenty of twists to the plot even our intrepid leader needed a pull at one point.

The banter on chat prior to the drive opening up for the waitlisters included references to lamb chops etc. although it was all just friendly banter i decided that the Marshals and Crew really do give a lot of time and effort to arrange these drives, and the care and assistance they give to the Newbies is outstanding. So as a small token of appreciation I did keep my word and had a few subway sandwiches on hand at the end of the drive.

All in All a great way to spend a Friday morning in the sand !

until next time
Regards and Respect

Brett
and the Little Yellow Jeep
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
James

The morning Routine….

Great to see the enthusiastic faces of the yet to be blessed with another Almost 4x4 drive, lots of smiles, excitement at being back with the sand family, a couple of new faces, so welcome, a real vocal expression of appreciation that the Marshalls who stepped up to the mark and included a second convoy, sheer appreciation that they were there. Thanks @Booy @alshamsi_m @Solmaz

As with all drives, first role call and the briefing, part of which is the very structured safety briefing that outlines the safety factors and what is to be expected in the drive by stages, eyes on the prize, an equal split with experience so to be a pleasurable but challenging drive for all. Our convoy had Booy as the lead supported by @Johanna and floating @Abu Odai .

Drive started with some nice dunes, nothing too exciting and then onto the fun, great dunes, angles and drops, a couple pulls needed and second attempts, all fun to watch at the back as the Sweep.

A great team effort to have fun and a very enjoyable drive.

Only safety tip I have is that the members should consider investing in a set of soft shackles as we had to pull someone off a dune with metal D shackle, better be safe than sorry.

A few details around the dive, route, time etc…..

Until next time, stay safe and have a fun filled week!
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everybody,

I went alone that time to this drive as my wife’s jeep was leaking oil and in the garage for a few days, (post note: @Flor is now happy blank with his Jeep fixed thanks to @Rashidjass cool

I arrived earlier than expected (no flat tyres this time have a nice day ) and deflated peacefully and as long as I realized that I did not know some of the people thus anticipated a mix of levels (from 1 or 2 to 10 drives) OSMILEY

We were divided in two convoys being part of Booy one who took me as second lead, so thanks @Booy for trusting me. As predicted, our group was heterogeneous, and we started to face some cars getting stuck as soon as we entered into a technical area.

At one point, the car behind me got stuck and while getting out of my car for making a video and taking pictures Booy asked me to show an alternative track to the rest of the convoy so I found myself giving them instructions like the guys in the airports when aircrafts are parking Psmiley . Hopefully it went well and nobody got stuck again in that spot.

We had a final section of the drive with fast track that I enjoyed a lot…I think I am getting addicted to high speed on the sand cool

Thanks to all Marshals and the rest of the crew for this beautiful drive @Johanna , @Abu Odai

See you soon in sand

Carlos
Vika

It's OK to have all your eggs in one basket, as long as you control what happens in that basket :secret_laugh:

Good evening, Everyone! :have_a_nice_day:

Yes, the past week has been really long and agonizing, waiting for the confirmation of the second convoy for many members. And Yesssss !!!! Many thanks to the marshals for making it possible. :in_love:

Morning routine was dedicated to the members with the number of drives less than 10. As I mentioned earlier, all the participants were divided into two convoys, the first was leading by @Booy , the second by @alshamsi_m . I was given the responsible role of the second lead, which I really appreciate and enjoy. @Loca was sweeping, @Solmaz was floating.
@Laarni is the third car. LADIES ARE THE FIRST!!! pacman

Lessons learned:
1. No cofe latter before drive, just a shot of strong coffee ☕ to wake up.
2. Check the radio a million times or you're in the trouble. :slow: Thank you @Solmaz for transmitting my messages and for the flag!!!

The track was almost completely covered from technical areas, which entailed a huge number of stacks and popouts. I must admit that @alshamsi_m was not nice at all to us and when he finally realized thas, he took pity and allowed us to get to the finish point along the shortest way after 2.5 hours of jumping up and down, left and right. ORLY BUT IT WAS REALLY COOL !!!!

The convoy happily returned safe and sound, which is the most important thing!

Thanks once again for all of you.

Looking forward to see you soon!

Viktoriia :in_love:
Last edited by Vika on Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The most effective way to do it, is just to do it"
NahorJP
Intermediate
Intermediate

Morning Routine (Organizer : Marshal @Booy )

Happy to see all enthusiastic Newbies, Marshals & our guardian angles supporting crew on the sands for this exciting drive arranged by Marshal @Booy .

Drive got started on time and was divided into two convoys, i was part of convoy lead by Marshal @Booy with @CARLOSS as a second lead, @Rooies sandwiched in between @Abu odai floating & @Johanna as a sweeper and the second convoy was lead by Marshal @alshamsi_m with @Solmaz and other supporting team. :ninja:
thumbsup Before entering in, the desert looks so calm and once you enter in wtfsmilie fun begins!! couple of second tries which was meant to be as the area was very technical with lot of heaps. Initially our convoy couldn't get speed due to the very reason mentioned above, but after some time all got warmed up and learned to tackle these dunes and it went smooth. @Booy's target was achieved to teach us driving in crowded technical dunes with some side cresting while watching the convoys speed.

At one descend i slightly kissed the ground which caused my front bumper skid plate to detach and it was hanging on the last clip which i was unaware till @Rooies spotted it when we took a technical break. I was behind @jeepers76 who was driving his recently tuned Jeep with brand new tyres running faster then before, but i managed to chase him between all the dunes. We had lot of interactions with new Newbie faces during the technical breaks along with @Booy , @jeepers76 and of course was missing @brett 'little yellow jeep' @dorudoru not to be seen around but i knew they were having fun in @alshamsi_m's convoy.

Fun part gets to an end for the day and time to fill some air into our wrinkled rubber parts. Meanwhile, @brett shared some yummy sandwiches to our yelping stomachs and now we will miss him more then before and make sure he gets the seat in all the future drives :)

Big thanks to @Booy , @Abu Odai, @Rooies , @Johanna , all our marshals and supporting team. Not to miss, thanks to @alshamsi_m & @Solmaz for contributing their time and leading the second convoy.
Thanks
Roan (Night Fury)

See you on Sands!! Sooner the Better!!