Al Wagan Freestyler III

Jasper
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone!

I always watch videos of higher level Almosters driving in Al Wagan and I keep telling myself I will experience this as well. Just keep training. The drive was posted and to my luck I am busy with the house move. Made some special arrangements with the boss and got the green light! Scheduled the DPI quickly and got the result. Fog in the morning will prove extra challenge to go the drive and decided last minute to pack up and camp. Met @Bu Touma along the highway near the Al Wagan petrol station and met Shamsi, Rashid, Scorpio, Rooies and David as well while filling up. Followed Rashid to the campsite and stayed for an hour before finding a flat surface to pitch the tent. The sleep wasn’t too bad good thing extra blankets helped.

Morning came and we were split into 2 convoys. Rashid led the 10+ intermediate drivers and I am the fourth car following @Johanna , while @Petr behind me. The dunes are high, sharp crest and bushes everywhere! Less than 30 mins in the drive and boom front left tire pop out! Hit a hard bush going down. Split second decision was key but I chose the wrong path. Fixed the pop out quickly with the help of Samer, Optimus and Mabubaker. Thanks guys! Driving for another 15 mins and found myself in a V ditch. This time front right tire pop out! Now the tires are balanced LOL! Optimus, Samer and Mabubaker again helped and fixed the tire in no time. The tire looks it needed to be changed but it survived. Told myself this is a different level of drive. Need to focus more and concentrate. After the 2 incidents I was able to flow nicely along the amazing and very challenging lines Rashid gave us. There were second tries and stuck but no major issues.

The best part came when we got five cars in the evil bowl. It eats cars for breakfast. As Samer said in the chat he was thinking of removing some of the trees… I was thinking the same LOL. Getting out was not possible if you don’t make the car jump! I was the last car out from the bowl and we continued the drive. Met the other convoy in the stadium bowl and watched the action while having lunch. Few members left after lunch and we continued the drive. This 2nd part of the drive was faster and we really had a blast! Thanks @Rashidjass for the great lead as always, @Solmaz and @alshamsi_m for keeping an eye while floating and @optimus and @Mabubaker for support!

Stay safe and see you soon!
Rooies
Intermediate
Intermediate

Choices choices,
The fog was really bad the last few days in Abu Dhabi so the concern was heavy fog in the morning, decided to drive to the camp on Thursday evening. It was a good call, got decent sleep & woke up ready for the day ahead.

Our convoy was led by @Rashidjass with @optimus & @Mabubaker keeping an eye on us. @Solmaz was floating .The convoy was nice & small which meant it would be nice & fast. @Rashidjass did the briefing & we were ready to go.

We started of & was the last car with the advance guys behind me, @alshamsi_m was behind them in his cruiser. There was a few tricky sections in the beginning, I was to close to @Petr & paid the price, had to do a second try, second try worked out well & I was back on track. @Rashidjass was having fun in front & I knew we were going to have an awesome drive. There was was lots of bushes & coming down was bit tricky now & then, but @alshamsi_m explained to us what to do & what not to do, so all was well.

Now & then I got carried away in the fun & made the following distance to close which ended up in a second try dark mood . The going was good, there was a few issues, but nothing serious, @Mabubakr lost his shoe during a rescue grin . A few cars ended up in a v you're kidding, right ery tight bowl & it took awhile to get out, but they all got out, hats of boys & girl, well done thumbsup .

We met up with the other convoy at the super bowl & we each got a turn to play. It was really nice doing a double round & then later doing another (always had to sit & watch, now it was my turn). Some of the people called it a day & went out, we continued on our way, playing in the dunes. At one stage my eye could the fuel gauge...the motion potion was getting less, but fun was to be had. I knew whenI hit the halfway mark it will not be long before the fun would have to stop.. wtfsmilie . Driving the Patrol like I stole it, takes it toll on the juice, but hey, I was having fun.

The sun started to set & @Rashidjass said we will play a bit more, then head out.. you're kidding, right . By the time we stopped to inflate I was down to enough fuel to make it safely to the fuel station grin .

Thank you @Rashidjass for leading the drive & making it an awesome drive, @optimus , @Mabubakr , @Solmaz & @alshamsi_m for keeping an eye on us.

Till we meet again, stay safe.

See you in the sand.
Rooies
Nobody Gets Left Behind
Rathica
Crew
Crew

I decided to drive to the meeting point in the morning - risking foggy weather. The Gods were kind as it was a clear and easy drive. I arrived at where Google Maps said the MP was and realised I was nowhere close. As I began deflating my Tyres, along came my hero, @Solmaz and together we made it to the camp site.

After the chit chat @Rashid divided us into two convoys and we were off.
The beginning of the drive was challenging with soft sand and bushes that grabbed the Tyres and made for a bumpy ride. I switched to LG and found it a little easier to push my Jeep up the beautiful slopes. @Booy created beautiful lines which we followed with some second tries. Fortunately we were under the watchful eye of @Danilo who ensured that we were safe and on track.

Both convoys regrouped at lunch time at "The Stadium" where everyone tested their vehicles stamina at circling the 360 bowl. I cleaned my air filter, filled my petrol and gave the bowl a go. With the clean filter my Jeep became a beast and wizzed around the bowl twice without hesitation🚙🚙🚙🚙
Some members left the convoy after lunch but we continued.

@Booy found some even more challenging dunes after lunch. He was certainly on fire. He set a steady pace and we all did our best to keep up. We rode on ridges, up ridges, down ridges, side slopes, high bowls.... We had so much excitement that the bracket securing my sway bar link decided to go on its own journey 🤣

A lost tyre, blocked air filters, lost sway bar link brackets.... All in all it was an awesome drive.

Thank you Alomosters for the super company and driving pleasure ❤️
Join me drawing in the sand
👑Dauntless 🚙💨