Blade Runners II

Mabubaker
Marshal
Marshal

A heavyweight and full-fat intermediates drive, thats how I define the drive by @Scorpio today. A combo track, with ingredients carefully selected from other signature tracks from the same area, mixed together with additional amazing touches by Scorpio, forming a roller coaster style playground for the passionate blade runners.

It was a vip 6-cars convoy,,, Myself as 2nd lead, @nabil_k sweeping and the heavyweight intermediates @kareem.alameldin, @mohamoodyasin and @optimus lined up to form one of the best convoys… @SINGH was flying around giving his vip passenger @Rashidjass a helicopter view for convoy for the best footage.

Due to the fast paced drive, @Scorpio managed to take us through several off-roader attractions of Sweihan including Nagra and The Old Lady Dunes.

I believe this drive did sharpen our skilles as well as our skidplates and prepared us for bigger challenges…

Thank you Scorpio for organising such an amazing drive, thank you @SINGH for your support…

See you soon!
M abubaker
kareem.alameldin
Advance
Advance

The first Blade Runners was good enough to make us wonder if we can match it with the second one, but apparently with such skilled bunch and a great lead, it ended up being one hell of a drive! The rustiness was apparent in the beginning mainly with distance, i was getting too excited and almost tailgating Abubakr at points, and even the car felt different somehow till i checked the shocks and tire pressure at our first break, which happened to be after a full hour! Gives you an idea about how fast and continuous the pace was, with the shocks stiffened and the tire pressure dropped, and the adrenaline settled to keep a bigger distance, i was back on track to enjoy the drive to the fullest,

I really appreciate the comradory we had, after driving every weekend for 3 years we develop a bond like nothing else, Friday feels much better after meeting all of you and sharing such thrills, i look forward for the after drive chats while inflating as much as the drive itself,

Thanks a ton Scorpio, Rashid bhai and Singh for such a great Friday morning, let's keep the curve climbing till we make it to Al Yahar and Al Qoaa again after a loooong wait!!!!!
Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

Hello Everyone,

We always say that 'Less is more in desert' thumbsup . In this drive, the members were able to experience it; as due to smaller size of the convoy we were able to complete the full track that was created for this drive.

With @Mabubaker as the 2nd lead and @kareem.alameldin, @yaseen and @optimus following and @nabil_k as the sweeper, we started the drive. I had the support from @Rashidjass and @SINGH who were the floating marshals.

The drive was aimed to practice how to ride safely on some of the high and really sharp crests and do the side cresting properly. After the first half an hour we stopped for a quick stop and I saw happiness and excitement on the faces grin . The pace and difficulty gradually increased and when I saw the convoy is comfortable with regular sides crests then this was the time to take them to ‘where is the crest’ side cresting killzonesmiley .

On some of the crests, the convoy ran on the blades by climbing from both sides of the dunes. We were able to touch Naqrah and surprisingly there was no traffic there ORLY but since the area was full of tracks so, we continued forward from there without staying. We played on some very nice dunes until we reached the Old Lady. My initial plan was to climb it from the north and ride on the crest slope but due to the farm immediately underneath with fences :;^^: , I changed the plan to climb it from the other side :ninja: .

The convoy performed really well, the pace remained smooth and we had a good practice. Hope you enjoyed the drive and develop a better sense of your vehicle thumbsup.

I feel the GRAVITY is getting stronger day by day :yarr: . See you on the sand soon.

Cheers,
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!
Mahmoodyasin
Advance
Advance

HI Everyone
Must Say “privileged to be part of Blade Runner II” cool
Few of us drove together from Dubai to the meeting point, mercury had dropped to 11deg which made most of us get tucked-in in our jackets except couple of polar bears Psmiley @kareem.alameldin and @Nabil
@Scorpio : Lead, @Mabubaker : 2nd lead, @Nabil : sweeper, @Rashidjass : Eagle eye, @SINGH : guardian angel. Rest in the middle of the convoy.
A Quick brief, with relatively small convoy, it was evident that we will cover bit more distance than usual. @Scorpio , plan was simple: push the inters to their limits. No warm ups, no alarms, @Scorpio hit the first set of dunes with full throttle and kept that pace for next 30mins melt . Radio only woke up once the convoy was on first gatch road. The pace was kept the same as the chain of dunes were flattened, I could only monitor @kareem.alameldin ahead of me adjusting his pace while 2nd lead @Mabubaker was barely visible due to the dust of sand he was splashing all over the dunes. thumbsup
After a short pit stop, @Scorpio raised the level further by bring in multiple side crests, at medium and high dunes. Honestly few of them looked undoable. The most challenging was the one where after the climb, an almost 90deg left turn was required to ride the crest. :we_all_gonna_die:
After attempting a long/arch climb on Nagra dune, we pointed east towards old lady dune. Small technical dunes with high pace tested the concentration of the convoy. Icing on the cake was the steep climb on old lady from NE, which honestly looked unachievable. :eyes_on_fire: I stood back, analysed the behaviour of the cars in front, to pick up the momentum and overcome the climb.
We made it to the finish line just before set time but surely covered much more kms than normal.
We had so much fun while driving, chatting and eating that this drive will take its place in special ones list.
Hats off to all the inters for a brilliant performance! @Mabubaker @kareem.alameldin @optimus @Nabil @Mahmoodyasin
Huge thanks to @Scorpio for arranging and leading the trip. :in_love:
Thanks to @Rashidjass and @SINGH for watching our backs and place us on the screen.
Till next time
Mahmood yasin
Dark stallion
(Black FJ cruiser)
optimus
Marshal
Marshal

Drive : Blade Runner II
Date : 25th of dec 2020
Venue : Sweihan Desert
Lead : @Scorpio
Floating Marshals : @SINGH & @Rashidjass
Drivers : @Mabubaker @kareem.alameldin @Mahmoodyasin @Nabil & myself.
Rigs : all FJ’s

Pedal to Metal, @Scorpio started the drive cresting over that signature “welcome to sweihan” dune. ORLY

That moment I realized this thing is going to be interesting & thereon we kept following him.
He took us to almost every dune, fresh or not fresh, high or not so high, soft or hard nothing mattered. OSMILEY

His plan was to keep cresting over whatever would come his way.
Once he saw some chain of dunes have left untouched, took us back to them and flattened them with the barrage of side crests from both sides OSMILEY

We had some o shit moments too where he made us climb the dunes full throttle from the soft side, we could see only the sky, ask ourselves “where is the **** wtfsmilie crest” & in a tick “Oh shit turn / side crest!!!!!!” zomg grin

You cant do this epic shit with basic people. Be scared & do it anyway! grin

I would remember this drive for a very long time.

Thanks one again @Scorpio
Thanks @Rashidjass & @SINGH
Thanks @Mabubaker @kareem.alameldin @Mahmoodyasin & @Nabil

Squad : :in_love:

Optimus
Black FJ (The Godfather)