Stars Track IX

Barish
Marshal
Marshal

What a number of registrations of our new members and existing Newbies, passion of our new members the whole week to have their offroad tools inspected! We, as Marshalls, were inspecting and requesting Admin to upgrade new members even less then 12 hours left to the drive. I was really impressed!

Excitement starts with CM drive and goes on with passion. As we said during the briefing, these drives are important for you to learn your peers, support team, marshals and the Almost4x4 way and also club to get to know you.

No matter of your stucks, multiple tries..Welcome and enjoy your journey in Almost4x4.

Dont forget to improve the power while you chg the gear.

See you on the sand soon.

Barish
piotr
Intermediate
Intermediate

All,
A quick (and a little overdue) report on the last Newbie drive.
I was happy to be accepted to the heavily-in-demand 5- drive (despite formally having 5 on my account at that time 😉). I was looking for an easy and relaxing drive so I took my 3-year old with me (I guess I was more excited than he was 😉, I hope that will change at some point haha).
At the meeting point we were divided in 3 groups, and I got a place in the more experienced group led by @Daggerfall and supported by @Agalon and @Saeed FJ. I was grateful to have "earned" the place among the more experienced newbies, but little did I know what it actually meant, as the difficulty level of the track was definitely different from the previous drives (only shows there is always so much more to learn, and no matter the actual terrain!).
We started off with a small stuck, and soon were reminded by @Daggerfall to keep proper pace and momentum (don’t worry about the cars, Marshalls know what track to choose😊). Since then it was a smooth (and fast) ride (“idle” time was less than half compared to my previous drives!), with trials to side-crest on easier dunes and a lot of fun in technical areas. I definitely learned a few new tricks, had a few second tries, but also made a couple of errors (right speed is of the essence when side-cresting!).
At some point my 3-year old started to feel motion-sick, fortunately after a short break he recovered a bit and fell asleep shortly after, so I managed to complete the full drive (learning is the higher-level drives may not be for every kid anymore!)
Overall we covered 40km and drove for more than 2 hours.

Big thank you to our dear Marshalls for investing their time and efforts to teach us Newbies new tricks! (and safely!).

Piotr
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the great trip reports.

I was in the convoy with the Jeep extraction :) Although in the end we did not manage to finish our entire planned trip and the stopping time was quite long, I am sure everyone in our convoy appreciated and saw first hand how we never leave anyone behind.

Looking forward to keep driving with everyone..

Regards,

Booy
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door