Liwa Wonders - The soft sands

Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi all,

Fresh and exciting, the trip started early afternoon on Tuesday. Determined to enjoy the sunset, we arrived at the camp site around 430pm. Set up all for the fire and bbq and dreamt away by the sun slowly disappearing on the horizon.
Once it was dark, we lit the fire and the wait for the others started. Some teasing over the chat from @alshamsi_m that we were in the wrong spot made me check the position three times, especially to see if I didn't mess up the two drives. We were good and after some hours and two bags of wood, @Booy @Rooies @StephanWoolls and @Adrian showed up. Later on, the camp was complete.

Woke up early morning, to find a tire flat on the sand. Pumped it up to see if maybe the parking was the culprit but unfortunately a slight leak was detected on the rim. the tire was changed quickly and the drive started.

The convoy flowed lovely thru the soft sands of Liwa, but a lot of coaching was involved by the drive leader, which must have been exhausted after these three days.

Finally we arrived at the end point around 6pm and inflated only to go for the next camp site.

Very glad to have survived these two days and really enjoyed the good company all around.

Thank you all and see you soon
Mehdi

Hi everyone,
What to start with?

like some, I decided to arrive the day before this outing to be "fresh and available" the next day.
luckily I took this option! thumbsup

Arrived for 08:30 PM at the camp, we spent pleasant moments around the fire, to go to bed all (or almost) around 11:30.

Very early awakening for me, the opportunity to see Liwa at night under the only lighting of the full moon! Then little by little, to see shades of colors appear as the sun rose in the sky, a pleasure!

Finally...the time to leave for a journey of more than 80 kilometers (my gps has cut twice) so I do not have the total mileage ...
Very happy to have been part of this adventure, even if it was trying in more ways than one ...
Thank you to our two marshalls @alshamsi_m & @Booy , to our only assistant of the day, @Rooies for extracting me from the sands in turn.

@alshamsi_m , after my joke on my wife's presence by my side ... she thanks you because no need to change car, just the driver! Psmiley

@Booy , a big thank for the "1st class service" that you kindly accepted. have a nice day.

happy new year to all of you pacman

see you soon in 2021. thumbsup
Last edited by Mehdi on Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
kind regards,
Mehdi (MZZ)
FJ Cruiser
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everyone,

When we arrived at the camp, we found @Tomvanhouten and wife @Laarni already settled in around the fire, having had their bbq dinner at sunset :)

We stocked up on pizza and pastries at the secret shop in Madinat Zayed, and enjoyed that around the fire under a bright moon. Slowly everyone else started arriving, and soon it was time to sleep because the next day was gong to be a long day - and I had three long days ahead of me.

Our convoy was small, and I was happy, as small means more driving. But... the terrain was different than what anyone was used to, with lots and lots of extremely soft sand patches. I did many recoveries and felt exhausted when we reached the camp in Arada.

Thank you to @Mehdi for giving me company to keep me entertained for the day :)

It was a great day in the sand and I am looking forward to seeing everyone in the next drives.

Regards,

Booy
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello everyone

Chapter 1 :

Before arriving at the camp site I had to stop and deflat to have an easy ride at night.  As usual,  my hand is shaking " You guys might see us as invisible people but we have great fear and respect for the desert specially Liwa  but once the game is on ,we go full throttle".

The first night was a very quiet one and everyone looked relaxed,  at midnight I said goodnight and went to fix the ⛺.

While scouting this area I got stuck 3 times that's why we named it  " The Soft Sands " So I was expecting that our members are going to discover this information in person brigade.baka-wolf.com

The drive was supposed to be 60 km in total but the time is from 9 am - 4 pm so I had to cover more ground to keep the members busy. We had a very good drive in general and all the credits go to @Booy for his watchful eye and making sure that no one fall into my traps dark mood

We finished at 5:30 pm at the petrol station to have shower and head for our second camp.

See you in chapter 2 thumbsup

Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Stephan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone.

We planned to arrive in Liwa before sunset, but we had some delays on our way to Liwa desert. We arrived at the meeting point and sat around the campfire busy chatting, eating dinner and waited for @alshamsi_m for Karak tea cool . We went to bed at midnight and we had a peaceful sleep under the full moon.

Next morning we woke up with a beautiful view. It was a special day for my wife and I, because it was our anniversary that day. It was very special to spent our anniversary driving in the soft sand. Psmiley As always we had our briefing for the drive and after the briefing everyone lined up and ready for action! We had a small convoy for this drive, which was fun because we had lots of time for driving. Driving in Liwa desert is just amazing with soft sand everywhere and with the most amazing views.

I total we covered 80 km and we were out of the desert around 18:00. We stopped at a petrol station to inflate, ready to drive all the way back to Ras Al Khaimah. I must admit though, it was a LONG drive back home. A big thanks to @alshamsi_m for leading the covoy. @Booy for watching and making sure that everyone is safe during the drive. @Rooies for your support and rescue during the drive.

Until next time, cheers.

Stephan
See you soon
Cheers
Stephan