Open Camp V

Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi All,

Thursday evening camp was really great!
After a day of preparations (groceries, marinating, etc.), we made it to the meeting point in time.

As I brought the pickup, instead of the FJ, needed to find the right fuse again, getting the setup done took some time and I didn't notice it was already past the meeting time.
Looking at the clock made me doubt a bit as no marshalls showed up yet. After a while @Booy came alive and moments later @alshamsi_m came out of the dark.
Lovely to see that one of my fellow Dutch also decided to join the club, welcome @Astridindubai !

A quick briefing, a shooting star and off we went via the highway to the camp spot!

@Abu Jimmy showed a little later and joined the camp
Campfire, BBQ and great talks till deep in the night is the way to describe this camp and although I only had about three hours of sleep, I woke up well rested and ready for the week again.

@hamzahng , I think you were the hero of the evening for some in need of jacket. pacman

It is amazing what the desert does to you, it is incredibly relaxed and resets your brain.

Looking forward to next week!

Tom
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everyone,

This time there was no drive in the morning, and I made full use of the opportunity to stay up through the night and chit chat with the other night owls.

Just after 4am, we decided to get 2-3 hours sleep... It was cold, but it was amazing, since I came prepared this time, knowing that we switched from summer to winter in a blink of an eye.

Thanks @Tomvanhouten and wife Lara for feeding us.

It was great meeting some new members too - hopefully we can do a special CM drive for you soon , such that you can join in the drives.

Get ready for "Meat & Greet" camp this coming weekend, and bring you best cooking skills...

See you in the desert.

Regards,

Booy
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
dorudoru
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello Everyone,

What a welcoming group of people was that!

During the day I was helping a friend to move to his new place, which resulted to arrive a bit late to the meeting point. Thanks god, @Booy and @alshamsi_m were there to help deflate and calibrate my deflator even!

After a short drive to the camp spot, bonfire has been set and secret drinks offered by @alshamsi_m. Custard with red seeds was my favorite. Thanks a ton to the preparer.

After a while of chit chatting around the fire, @hamzahng came to rescue the frozen souls in the desert.

Around 2am, decided to pitch the tent which I haven't use for a while. We ended up with a snatched elastic rope in the tent poles. It took a while to repair the damage and pitch the tent properly which led the marshals make fun of amazing tent pitching skills of mine. grin

After the struggle with the tent, chit chatting around the bonfire continued till 4 am in the morning. Highlights of the night was the ghost stories of @Abu Jimmy.

Thanks for everybody and looking forward to the upcoming CM drive!

Regards,
Doruk.