Eggs in Basket - Sudden Death 4.0

Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello All,

with great shame, I am writing this trip report as I managed to break two FJ's in a week (not three @presa ).
This time a battery messed up some of the fun.

Started off nicely in the borrowed FJ (mine still under repairs) and had a lot of fun, after getting the egg safely in my pocket. Got sort of comfortable in the car, driving around and finding the waypoints. Then I found out, I made a mistake in inserting the waypoints format, which led me completely out of the playing field.
Another issue was that (somehow) I got the wrong sticker at the wrong moment :roll:

Nothing could spoil the fun and as I decided to just try to find the waypoints (under the impression, I was disqualified already due to the wrong sticker), the car stalled and dashboard lid up as a Christmas tree for a short moment. Trying to restart it and only one simple click.....battery dead.
The battery had fallen over as the holding bracket was gone, which most likely shorted out the plus and chassis, so no chance 😥

After the marshall's had a look, unfortunately it was a dead end for me...game (literally) over!

Better luck next time and hopefully this is the last of the bad luck for a while.

I loved the day and the challenge, which absolutely made us understand more of the responsibilities as an off roader.

Big thanks to the whole organization of the event, the lovely food afterwards and the great care people show when one of theirs is in trouble.

Tom
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everyone,

An actioned packed day!

First of all, well done to everyone who finished the challenge - doesn't matter how long you took, if you came out with an undamaged car and egg :) then you did well!

Apart from the action in the sand, it was really amazing to see lit bbq's again, and to spend time with everyone in a relaxed atmosphere after a successful day in the sand.

See you soon in the sand.

Regards,

Booy
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door