For Fun Sakes

Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everyone,

it was a foggy morning, a sign that the summer is finally over and its time to get the camping gear ready :in_love:

I met @presa at the gas station and together we drove towards the meeting point in Nazwa, the last 8 kilometres offroad from the Badayer roundabout without deflating.
Although I dont like driving with full tyres, its probably a good idea to practise it from time to time...So I had a good excitement already before we started the actual drive :hope_my_fake_smile_works_again:

@Booy was leading this newbie convoy with a bunch of floating marshals around. It is always a pleasure to see @Rashidjass playing around, just cresting every single dune in his way :eyes_on_fire:

I was driving as a sweeper all the way in the back of the convoy...First part of the drive was smoothly most of the time, with just a few second tries.

We reached pink rock for a break and the view was amazing, the air was very clear so we were able to see mountains behind fossil rock :in_love:

Unfortuentely I wasnt feeling well and could not continue the drive. :beaten:
So @alshamsi_m took over the Patrol while I was passenger in my own car. I was really impressed, he drove the car the hole time in D :slow:

At one spot we had a really interesting situation, I havent seen so far. One car got stuck sideways on a slop. Dangerous spot, and all attempts of self recovery failed, the car was sitting. @Rooies came for rescue, stopped the car in the bowl, slightly behind the stuck car...And got locked out of his car :XD:
We are waiting for your report @Rooies and I really want to know how it happened :slow:

So now we had one dangerously stuck car, one car blocking the rescue and a marshals with a plan... @presa pulled it uphill while @alshamsi_m drove the car safely to the bottom without hitting the stubborn Patrol....After all cars got recovered, we took the short way out and ended at second december cafeteria.

Thanks all for this adventurous morning, and special thanks to @alshamsi_m for help and support.

See you all in the sand
BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.
Mehdi

Hi everone, :have_a_nice_day:

thank you Johanna for your report of this outing yesterday morning, hoping that you are better since.

Thanks to the actors of the day (hoping not to forget some): :faill:
Johanna,
Booy,
alshamsi_m,
Barish,
presa,
Kareem,
Loca,
Rashidjass,
Rooies...

Arrived on time at the meeting point just enough time to prepare the car, greet some newbies, and some people from the management ...
we finally meet together, synonymous with an imminent departure, the opportunity to collectively greet everyone.

The convoy sets off, I'm at the back. I do not make 50 meters that the new fixing of my flag pole breaks ... :ka_boom:
to add more, here is that the electronic door locking is playing a trick on me, impossible to get out of the car ... luckily everything ended up getting into the order, but now we have to catch up with the convoy, my ploe in the car! :innocent:

The advantage of being in the back is that we can see better what others are doing, and sometimes we can "hide" to other our own mistakes ...
I had noticed the change of driver for Johanna'car, which remained on our rear so I tried to do my best on the second part of the course. :;^^:

It was at least for me new to see so many marshalls on a newbies -10 outing , not counting all the other members (almost a support car for a newbie car)! :bouaaaaah:
that wasn't an exam, was it?

The course took place without encumbrance for me, no second try, or other ... just somewhere, on the second part where I leapfrogged when I lost my bearings! :-3-:

Great course, second time for me in this aera, rich in twists and turns which can also serve as a lesson for all.

when do we do it again? :have_a_nice_day:
kind regards,
Mehdi (MZZ)
FJ Cruiser
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hey Almosters!

This Friday morning we had a very nice drive with our 10- drivers.

Weather was better than expected, at least for me, and we had many members and many support, thank you all that could come to assist the drive!

As a floater I was able to check the convoy from different angles and, as we told on the re-briefing the points to improve are:
- distance: mostly were too far, but on a few occasions drivers were too close
- flow: many break and acceleration moments. Try keeping a constant flow will make your drive more pleasurable and easier to keep the pace
- radio communication: tell your name/nickname and what you need (Presa, second try / Presa, please hold the convoy I need to check my car, etc)

Aside from this points everyone did well, we climb Pink Rock, got some very nice photos and videos and seems that everyone enjoy it!

PAY ATTENTION FOR EGG IN THE BASKET. 10- dont qualify for it, but you should come as spectators and bring family. Is an amazing event from the club and very nice to see and meet other Almosters!
jayslens

Hello Almosters!

This was my first drive as a newbie with the club and as I am starting out, I am learning quite a lot of things - not just how to drive in the sand but things I previously didn't know about my Pajero or how to deflate your tyres...yep something basic like this also needs a bit of learning :P

After confirming my positioning within the convoy and setting the radio channel, I was all set to drive with a tiny bit of worry back of my mind as to how I will do and how my car will perform. And I believe one of the marshals or Mr Shamsi himself mentioned on the radio - "if the Jimny can do it so can you" which I found quite encouraging.

I was positioned between Mr Shamsi and Rooies which felt like being in safe hands. During the drive I was making quite a few mistakes such as leaving long gaps between me and the cars ahead of me, struggling to communicate as I was finding it a little difficult to communicate via the walkie at the same time while driving and bouncing around in the sand. At one point we were crossing this slope and I saw the Jimny in front losing it's momentum, the gap between me and the Jimny was quite less in order to catch up and keep up. Worried I was, I had put on brakes quite hard (big mistake from my side) and bam! Stuck in the sand...I was scared at the thought of a rollover and immediately the marshals came to help me out. And during that situation Rooies got locked out of his car, so now we had a double situation which was handled really well by Shamsi, Presa and Singh for calming me down. Mr Shamsi rescued my car and told me where I had gone wrong and what I should have done.

I was doing well during my descents but really worried about front bumper as I knew stock Pajero has this weakness and during our way back Booy had alerted us of sharp descent to which I had handled it slowly and calmly but my bumper took a small hit and started rubbing against the right tyre..called out to check the car and Presa came to the rescue :D

Overall, it was a good learning experience and with every drive and event I hope to become better. I am definitely getting a front skid plate and trimming the Pajero's bumper :P Mr Rashid expect to see me soon! :P

I loved the spot where we drove and it is on my list for photography shoots including the Fossil Rock of the nearby Maleha desert. Photography is my reason to take up learning offroading which I definitely believe I will be able to learn with this club.

A huge thank you to -
Shamsi
Rashid Jass
Rooies
Presa
Mr Singh
Booy

See you all in sand! :have_a_nice_day:
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Jayslens wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:41 pm

Hello Almosters!

I loved the spot where we drove and it is on my list for photography shoots including the Fossil Rock of the nearby Maleha desert. Photography is my reason to take up learning offroading which I definitely believe I will be able to learn with this club.

A huge thank you to -
Shamsi
Rashid Jass
Rooies
Presa
Mr Singh
Booy

See you all in sand! :have_a_nice_day:

Thanks Jay for joining and we love photographers :have_a_nice_day:
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the good trip reports.

We are looking forward to seeing you in future drives and upcoming winter events. (Camps, bbq nights and many more)

Keep driving, keep having fun, and stay safe.

See you soon.

Regards,

Booy
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
Barish
Marshal
Marshal

It was such morning that signals the weather change be soon.

Briiefing given by @Booy straight to the point and the fun drive started as mentioned in the drive name.

As we always says that these level of drives are more to get to know your cars, fellow drivers, leads and support team. The more you do so, the more you get used. The more you struggle, the better you will get to know the sand. No shame of second tries, stucks unless you risk yourself or jeopardize others.

Always improve while you chg the gear.

See you on the sand

Barish