Blade runner

SameRaptoRed
Intermediate
Intermediate

The more you drive with this amazing group the far you go in shaping your skills , enlarge your family members with amazing buddies .
The drive was the best for me till now , thank you @Scorpio for this unforgettable moments .
Sorry for @kareem.alameldin hard luck see you next time buddy .
Special thanks for @optimus @Jasper for the amaizijg convoy .
Bunch of thanks to abu salem @alshamsi_m for the expertise.
See you all
Sand is where i find myself performing thumbsup
Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

Hello Everyone,

In this drive we had a total of 14 intermediates and 4 advanced members but as we had the support of enough Marshalls and @alshamsi_m therefore, all the registered members were fed yuush .

We had a quick briefing on the drive plan and members were distributed into 3 convoys. I took one of the convoy with Bu Salem support; @Agalon took the 2nd one with @Barish support and @Solmaz took the 3rd one with @presa support.

As per the plan, the drive was aimed to provide a learning opportunity to our intermediates how to ride on crests safely. I had @kareem.alameldin as my 2nd lead for the first half of the drive and @optimus for the 2nd half of the drive. @SINGH was floating around the convoy.

We had a very nice drive and flow remained good in the first half. We touched many high dunes crests and the first half of the drive served as the warm up for what was waiting for us in the second half ninja. Just before crossing the farm and enter into the second half of the drive, Kareem had a mechanical issue with the vehicle and unfortunately he had to leave from there. Bu Salem rescued him outside until we enjoyed some coffee and the famous biscuits in love.

I told the members that this is where the fun starts as the next chain of dunes had a lot of potential of riding on the crests for long distances. The second half of the drive was fast and the convoy performed great on fire. We drove on the crests for as long distances as possible and tested our skid plates and snorkels; those who do not have snorkels should clean their filters without any delay :lol:. In this drive, we did not approach the crests with the aim to go to the other side of the dune immediately and hence we were not touching the crests with sharp angles rather we used to go to the start of the crest line and then were riding on the crests as long as possible until the gravity pulls you down on one of the dune side. The convoy did side cresting multiple times on many single long crests yuush. When you ride on the crests then you develop the understanding of the start and end points of your vehicle; both ends need to be on top of the crests in order to ride it perfectly. If any side goes or slides down then it requires you to get off from the crest immediately. Hope you enjoyed the drive and develop a better sense of your vehicle.

Thank you all for your lovely company. Hope to see you soon on the sand..

Cheers
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Blade runner:

Friday Morning found the intermediates in Sweihan this time preparing for a drive that would flattened the high dunes. The area is nice with mid to big size dunes well know to all members as most of us with an exception of only one driver have driven there in the past.

The brief was short and to the point by the organizer @Scorpio . To out nice surprise the morning group was divided   to 3 VIP convoys. I was to support @Agalon convoy with @Barish leading the support.

The challenge for the Marshalls, was to lead 3 convoys ( plus another one that did not belong to us) in a relatively small area  without clashes and risks.

The challenge for the drivers (in our convoy) was to follow the Jepper Marshall who is well known for slowing down on the top of the crest instead of keeping a steady speed.

Having a SWB Jeep as a lead car requires a bit of adjustment on the way you follow. @Agalon knows his car very well and the fact that he is driving a manual SWB leaves no room to the following cars for mistakes.

If you do not maintain a bigger than the usual distance then you are set for a failure. Something that happened throughout the drive more than once.

The drive was moderate fast, targeting the high dunes snf riding the crest for as long possible.

Under the watchful eye of the supporting Marshall @Barish  the convoy received comments and tips of how to manage a safer drive and a better flow. The lead Marshall gave advice how he drives and what the drivers have to do to successfully follow him. 
During the drive we had a cut tire and a beautiful self recovery orchestrated by  @Agalon which demonstrated even to the advance drivers that, evaluating and executing a rescue, takes more experience than skills and the Vicking rope should not always be the solution to the problem.

Overall it was a joyful drive that brought the intermediates drivers to rethink what they are doing wrong and what right. 
Closing my report I would like to thank @Scorpio for organizing the drive. @Agalon for the lead and @Barish for keeping and eye on everyone in the group.

Until next time be safe and looking forward to see you all soon.
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters!

We had a very nice drive on this Friday morning.

I was floating with @Solmaz convoy and she did some nice climbs, crest on different size of dunes.

We had a small convoy of 8 cars and 3 passenger. Two of them got motion sick up to half of the drive, so their cars have to leave the desert... when I was expecting that we are losing 2/3 of the passengers, the last one got motion sick too... since the drive had only 30min to finish we manage to keep him at the drive, by not driving the last dunes... so Solmaz got 100% losses on passenger for this drive grin

After a great morning drive we had lunch close by and some joined for afternoon 10+!
Petr
Intermediate
Intermediate

I had the "honor" to be the 2nd lead at @Agalon's convoy. This was my first second lead at an intermediate drive and I was a bit anxious what is coming. And I found soon I had good reasons: Agalon demonstrated his JK's acceleration from 0 to 100 and attacked the first high dune immediately. There was no warming up, and no prisoners taken. And I had to call my first second try eyes on fire. I realized I forgot to click the kill switch but before being able to blame this, the second dune followed straight and it was my second second try wtfsmilie. The speed was devilish, that made me to try to stick to Agalon close and not to lose his trail - which was exactly the reason I got into problems by losing my momentum when I got too close to our marshall while he was cresting.

At the next stop @Barish provided his observation that we should not follow too close. He said he wouldn't name anyone but he stared all the time at my eyes to make sure the message got delivered in love.

In the time I got better but I was not happy as my Jeep kept losing speed at these sharp and long crests - I have to practice more to drive on a side to avoid the friction Wranglers usually have in this situation. It was a challenging ride but we all absolutely loved it. It gave me good lessons and awareness of mistakes I make - and if I had any complacency with my performance, it went away quickly you're kidding, right.

Thanks @Agalon for this great hot ride, @Barish for the priceless observations, @giorgio for keeping his eye on our safety from the back and to the marshalls @Solmaz, @alshamsi_m, @Scorpio, @presa, and the advanced support @SINGH and @Youssef.Abdelhady for allowing us sslow clickers to join the party on that day!
Agalon
Marshal
Marshal

We gathered together for another weekend under the organization of @Scorpio. Resource availability let us make 3 convoys as mentioned above and one of them was led by me.

I tried to serve the challenge of riding the crests to be fit to the name of the drive. I got caught by the curse of sand in the fan (jeep thing) a couple of times but mostly taken care of without much interruption. I developed a skill to restart the car on the go :D

Overall the pace was good, our drivers didn't have major issues aside from some 2nd tries.

Thanks to @Barish for being our eyes. Personal thanks to @giorgio and @AMounir (you know what i mean :D) and all our drivers for joining us.

Till next time...
AGALON
/ Wrangler JK'18
Jasper
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone!

A very good practice riding on top of the crests was provided by our leading marshall @Scorpio during this drive. It was indeed a good learning experience riding the crest as much as you can until gravity pulls you down. The dunes were sharp and you have to have the right speed and angle to ride it properly. I have had a lot of learning during this drive in terms of car control. Really enjoyed it. I had my share of second tries as well. There's this one dune which is a middle sized dune where I managed to climb it in 4 times! Weird but it happened. Playing the scene in my mind made me conclude that I became too comfortable during that time already and didn't concentrate enough to have the right speed to climb. Anyway as @Scorpio mentioned let's use this opportunity to polish and practice the skill. Thanks man!

@kareem.alameldin hope your car will be fixed soon! Thanks also to our @alshamsi_m for the karak and cookies and looking after us during the drive and to @SINGH for the floating and helping on the MAF sensor issue of @awais_300. It's amazing you have a spare omg To my fellow intermediates in the convoy @optimus @SameRaptoRed and @awais_300 it was a lot of fun!

See guys next time and stay safe!

Jasper
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Agalon wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:59 pm We gathered together for another weekend under the organization of @Scorpio. Resource availability let us make 3 convoys as mentioned above and one of them was led by me.

I tried to serve the challenge of riding the crests to be fit to the name of the drive. I got caught by the curse of sand in the fan (jeep thing) a couple of times but mostly taken care of without much interruption. I developed a skill to restart the car on the go :D

Overall the pace was good, our drivers didn't have major issues aside from some 2nd tries.

Thanks to @Barish for being our eyes. Personal thanks to @giorgio and @AMounir (you know what i mean :D) and all our drivers for joining us.

Till next time...
I know exactly how it feels to have to shut the engine on the go wait for the fun to stop drain the sand out and restart again always making sure that no one will notice and will not interrupt the flow of the convoy.
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
Petr
Intermediate
Intermediate

giorgio wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:11 am
I know exactly how it feels to have to shut the engine on the go wait for the fun to stop drain the sand out and restart again always making sure that no one will notice and will not interrupt the flow of the convoy.
Something I wished to be able to do too, but difficult if you have to put the stick in P during the process 😅
Rooies
Intermediate
Intermediate

Blade Runners...make sure your skid plate is fixed...checked last week already in No thumbsup pain no gain.

We met at the meeting point, I was there nice & early, there were a few cars already. We did the drills & waited for the rest to come.

@Scorpio kept the briefing nice & short, we were dealt into 3 convoys, which meant nice & small, which meant nice & fast. @Agalon was leading our convoy, @Petr got second lead, @Barish @giorgio kept an eye on us. I fell in at the back of the convoy & the very first dune there was already second tries, me included grin . The going was good, my passenger recently joined the club & it was her first intermediate drive. We did a few big climbs, but the area was messed up & @Agalon decided to head elsewhere where we can play. My passenger commented at one stage that she can see that at this level you need skill. Along the drive @AMounir got stuck in a funny position, I was ready to recover, but @Agalon gave advice & it was a very good self recovery thumbsup . The rest of the drive went well, we saw the other convoy & then @Barish had a flat tyre, we fixed it & were on our way again. We met @Solmaz along the way, nearly have her convoy was gone OSMILEY grin .

Overall it was a very nice drive, just one stuck, a few second tries, but overall very nice. Thank you @Agalon for leading, @Barish 7 Uncle @giorgio for looking after us, also my fellow drivers, thanx for a nice drive.

Till we meet again, stay safe.

Greetings
Rooies
Nobody Gets Left Behind