Relentless

giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

kareem.alameldin wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:19 am
giorgio wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:15 am
kareem.alameldin wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:10 am Hello everyone,
Thanks Agalon for posting the trip, and thanks for all the marshals and @alshamsi_m who took some of their time to come and support,
@Barish we are all with you, hopefully Rocky will get back better than ever, thanks for taking the hit for us,
Was looking forward to see what Barish will do to us, unfortunately he never had the chance right after the warmup, Bu Salem took over and in a typical Bu Salem way he managed to squeeze the most from the area,
It's always great to meet the good old friends and enjoy the company, special thanks @rapailo and @Rooies for the clamps and for being ready for the apocalypse, we really can survive anywhere with what I saw we had with each one of us XD , @rapailo i owe you a working mat, hope you were not too attached to the old one.

see you all beautiful people in the next drive!
@kareem.alameldin what do you mean with saying "and in a typical Bu Salem way he managed to squeeze the most from the area" to me it sounds like that area is not challenging enough for you
Last drive was in Al Yahar, I think that answers your question.
we love you @Scorpio
Do you mean that Scorpio's drives are more challenging than Bu Salem's
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
kareem.alameldin
Advance
Advance

giorgio wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:36 am
giorgio wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:15 am

@kareem.alameldin what do you mean with saying "and in a typical Bu Salem way he managed to squeeze the most from the area" to me it sounds like that area is not challenging enough for you
we love you @Scorpio
I will answer that once @alshamsi_m takes us to Al Yahar again, I have to compare Apple to Apple!
Alexandar
Intermediate
Intermediate

When a Jeeper Lead 8 FJ’s into the desert. OSMILEY OSMILEY

This drive start of with @Agalon sending a cryptic coordinate for the meeting point. Thou I spent some time on it bamboozled me & I could not solve it. When I tried to solve the coordinates, it sent me to some farm in Sweihan. Thankfully Agalon corrected me & sent me the correct coordinates.

Thou the coordinates sent were somewhere in the desert. So, you had to deflate at the road & drive by yourself into the desert. And a hidden location that too. They were pretty much hidden at the bottom of a dune & you could only see them when you were over them.

A great confidence booster going by yourself to the meeting point. cool thumbsup

As a fresh intermediate I was placed as the 3rd car. We started off with Barish as the lead. Barish lead the eager bunch of FJ’s in to the desert. In the short time that Barish was the lead…. He started of at a good pace and increase the pace gradually. I gained confidence as the drive progressed.

Unfortunately, something hit the underneath of Barish’s car and it started leaking. That’s the risk the lead car takes. Thank you Barish for taking the risk and creating the path for us. I hope your car gets better. You also unexpectedly taught us a more valuable lesson in recovery.

Unfortunately, the Jeep could not be started and what followed was a master class in recovery. To pull the jeep two FJ needed to be tied together. @alshamsi_m was in the lead his car was tied to @rapailo & then in turn to Barish. It was an interesting recovery. I have heard of such recovery’s but never seen it done before.

Shamsi managed to bring the car to Refada. After that Barish got a passenger seat in one of the FJ’s.

After that Bu Salem took over the lead and in no way was he being gentle. He went to live up to the name of the drive. His pace was relentless. There were many times I was hoping someone would ask for a second try or something so I could just have a rest.

There were many areas I was struggling had some second ties as well. At one point I deflated the tires by a further 2 PSI and it made a wonderful difference.

There was so much traffic everywhere. It was a Friday and who ever wasn’t in a Mall or sleeping was here. We had skipped iftar bowl due to the traffic. Pretty much just defaced one side of superbowl. Then we went along to make chappati of every dune from Sony Ericsson to Showaib.

The break I wanted wasn’t coming. The convoy was doing so well. And bu salem showed no inclination of slowing down. Finally, after 1 ½ hours of relentless driving over technical areas & nonstop side cresting, thankfully one of the passengers asked for a break & Bu Salem called for a tea break. I heard in the other convoy there was some flying involved, as they had heard bu salem taken out the tea.

Both convoys met up here and bu salem led out to the finish point. Thou he was still not slowing down. Towards the end he had a pop out. I think if he didn’t have the pop out he would have just kept on going, like an energizer bunny.

@Agalon Thank you for organizing the trip. And thank you to @Barish & @alshamsi_m for the Lead. thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Looking forward to your lead another time @Barish cool
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

kareem.alameldin wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:42 am

we love you @Scorpio
I will answer that once @alshamsi_m takes us to Al Yahar again, I have to compare Apple to Apple!
Ohhhh no you did not say that out loud OSMILEY
optimus
Marshal
Marshal

Al Yahar would turn "ɹɐɥɐ⅄ l∀" when Bu Salem would lead us there. hahaha!
Last edited by Phoenix on Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote Tagging Fixed
Optimus
Black FJ (The Godfather)
Phoenix
Crew
Crew

giorgio wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:45 am
everything on the forum is official. grin
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Phoenix wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:57 am

Thant is my point but I guess we have to do with a brave one here
kareem.alameldin
Advance
Advance

I just realized that,
had an "Oh Sh*t" moment in the office when i did .
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

kareem.alameldin wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:06 pm

I just realized that,
had an "Oh Sh*t" moment in the office when i did .
Your attempt to self-recover was unsuccessful i am just letting you know just in case you think you made it
Jasper
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone!

After few months of having no sand action this drive stamped a big smile on my face. As everyone mentioned it is a relentless drive lead by our founder @alshamsi_m.

I was the last driver to arrive at the meeting point. I’ve miscalculated the drive distance and was very much in a hurry. To add to the challenge I did not ask for confirmation on the location. I’ve used the coordinates given by @Agalon and entered that in the app I’m using (MyTrails). It can handle that format and trusted that the location was correct. Fortunately it was correct and found the convoy waiting for the time to start. Before I enter the sand I’ve stopped in Badayer shops and deflated and went to the meeting point quickly.

I was assigned to @Barish’ convoy and we started off after @Agalon’s convoy left. Few minutes after we have to abort @Barish’ lead and we have to take him out. Amazing recovery guys! It is a sight to see. Thanks @Barish for taking the hit for us. Hope your car gets fixed soon.

The traction was weird. First time I felt it. The car handles differently on the type of the sand (switching between soft and hard) we were driving in Badayer. There are few times I have to fight the steering wheel as it was directing me to a different direction.

Thanks @Agalon for arranging this trip (with the extra spice on the meeting point) and to our founder @alshamsi_m for the great lead, challenging us all the way and giving us to the opportunity to have a great Friday afternoon, and @Youssef.Abdelhady for your support.

Take care and see you guys again next time!