Gone with the Wind

jose
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi Almosters

Today has been an unforgettable day for me, great for the fantastic drive captained for @alshamsi_m with @Daggerfall , @giorgio and @Youssef.Abdelhady , and sad because was my farewell to Dubai. In last more than 6 years I have enjoyed this land, but above all because Almost 4x4, all friend that I have there and desert drives with you.Thanks to all of you and especially to Marshalls for what you have taught me and the many rescues that have helped me (more in the Hummer time).

Part of my heart will remain here, guys I will miss all of you.

I want to leave my contacts in Malaga, south Spain, where I will be working and living, and if you drop there, please do not hesitate to contact me,

email: joseluis@drgallego.es

Phone and Whatsapp: +34666799740

All the best and warm regards,

Jose
Phoenix
Crew
Crew

jose wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:17 pm Hi Almosters

Today has been an unforgettable day for me, great for the fantastic drive captained for @alshamsi_m with @Daggerfall , @giorgio and @Youssef.Abdelhady , and sad because was my farewell to Dubai. In last more than 6 years I have enjoyed this land, but above all because Almost 4x4, all friend that I have there and desert drives with you.Thanks to all of you and especially to Marshalls for what you have taught me and the many rescues that have helped me (more in the Hummer time).

I want to leave my contacts in Malaga, south Spain, where I will be working and living, and if you drop there, please do not hesitate to contact me,

Jose
Best of wishes for you and ur family @jose, will miss you buddy.
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
VTC4800
Intermediate
Intermediate

Jose

Good luck @jose
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Gone with the Wind:

@alshamsi_m was the producer and director of this amazing full of adrenaline drive.
With @Daggerfall as a floating Marshall and cameraman, @Youssef.Abdelhady covering the end of the convoy the intermediates set off for a drive that was one of the best ones i have ever been. For the intermediates that did not attend you guys missed a hell of a drive.

The area was relatively small so we had to drive the dune chain from the beginning to the end and back to the beginning again. The drive was fast with minimum communication and hands glued to the steering.
The terrain was friendly but challenging with several bowls every few KM's waiting for the drivers to challenged them.
Mid size dunes where progressively changed to big and more challenging, gave the opportunity to the drivers, to warm up and focus before they tackle them.
In this drive the lead car emphasized the side slide driving and believe me when i say he emphasized it. We practically did not go on flat we were driving on a slope side ways in every opportunity that was given or not. This exercise although may sound easy it is very tiring and effort demanding. The constant need to balance the speed angle under steering and momentum to stay on the slope while you need to read and prepare your speed for what it is coming next was keeping every driver on an alert mode battling for survival.

The good news were that every few KM's we will encounter a bowl or a wall that we will stop and play. Usually in a drive we will have one max two bowls to challenge but on this drive we did at least 6 ( don't forget that we went forth and back so we challenged them twice and from a different angle) and there were not small.

In general the convoy did a very good job with no need for assisted recoveries but some second tries were defiantly there as well as one pop out some baby jumps couple of hard hits and a lot of happy faces.

This was not one of those drives that you wish that it will be over this drive was an opportunity to practice again and again few specific concepts to the point that you end up master them.

I am confident that all drivers enjoyed this drive to the maximum and i hope that the Marshall's will set this track on the must to drive areas for the intermediate level as it has a lot to offer.

I would like to thank the lead car and the supporting team for the amazing afternoon on the sand and I am looking forward to drive with all of you again in the near future.

@Daggerfall thank you for the amazing videos and in regards to stealing @alshamsi_m idea ( I hate you Daggerfall) all I have to say is that combo was a seating duck that even a club member would have seen the obvious.

Until next time drive safe and looking forward to new adventures
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Jose
Farewell @jose and good luck! . All those challenges we tackled together will remain as good memories thumbsup
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters!

It was good to be back to "Old Sweihan" . We have many good memories in this area before they closed it with fences. But it seems the area became active again. We saw 2 or 3 other convoys during our drive so I am sure we will come back for more.

The unique feature of this area is its perfectly rounded big bowls. There are several of them and you can do high speed (120km+) turns inside and its really really fun! grin

@alshamsi_m gave us a great drive and all did great in general.

@giorgio Its good that @alshamsi_m didn't forget that he was followed by intermediates otherwise some might have to change pants if he went for some of those "combos" (They were really tempting!)

Lets save them for advance brigade.baka-wolf.com

Thanks to all organized, supported and participated.

See you next time!
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Petr
Intermediate
Intermediate

Indeed it was one of the best Intermediate drives I had so far. The drive was smooth with a great pace, no assisted recoveries, just one self-recovery of my little self after getting my nose in a small ditch on the other side of the dune crest. After the heavy rains in the past week the sand was hard, so we didn't have to struggle in soft sands that I suspect is there in hot days. @giorgio described it above in details, so let me just add an illustration of practicing in the bowls - we had a lot of it indeed!

Thanks to @alshamsi_m for the great track, @Daggerfall for keeping us safe and @giorgio and @Youssef.Abdelhady for the great support.

Cheers,
Petr
Loca
Intermediate
Intermediate

Jose
Dear Jose,
I wish you all the best for your new life back in Malaga. I'll keep in my memories the many drives done together and the crazy night last year at Almost Anniversary when I was sharing with you and @James that "I never won any lottery in my life" and they called my ticket for BFG tires set grin
Gianluca (aka Loca)
Black/White FJ (aka La Ciccina)
Mobile 0561776322
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello everyone

I am glad to drive in this part of Sweihan as @Daggerfall said " Good to be back " .

This is the area where we used to train our intermediates who are new to Liwa because it has bigger dunes and bowls . Unfortunately it got fenced by the government so we stopped going but it seems that other offroaders cut the the fence from different places which gave us the chance to sneak in arr. .

The sand was hard due to last rain so the big dune were not that hard to climb but we had great ride in general cool

I'm happy that @jose had a proper farewell drive and I'm sure that we are going to miss him.

By the way, this is the area where I learned how to JUMP THE FENCE ... We don't teach it but you never know ??!! Maybe I'm in a good mood and I would show you how grin

Till next time, stay safe !!

Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Jose
Farewell@jose !!

That your new moment be full of happiness!