New Constellation

VTC4800
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hey ALMOSTERS,

What a great experience! I’m really speechless. I felt sorry cuz I couldn’t make it for the camping. I’ll try my best not to miss any of these gatherings next time.

By the way, for those who are in the second convoy; I’m the one who stucked twice 😬 thanks @Loca for the recovery. Make sure next time you keep the recovery gears next to you maybe in cup holders . You kept pulling us most of the drive. You’re awesome. 👍🏻

“Second try” was like an individual/personal coaching if I could say. Abu Salem was trying to teach me how to do, and guess what? I DID IT.

@Scorpio had to stop the whole convoy for me twice maybe more, I really felt you’re all as my family members, even though I maybe met you for the very first time. Thanks a lot guys who helped me and pulled the shovel to dig underneath my car and participated in the recovery. I owe you.

@Abu Odai thanks for your quick lesson how to use my gear. 👍🏻👍🏻

@thursday how much do we have to pay for the wonderful shoots? 😅

I asked my VTC4800 if she would like to have a good worm shower after this amazing drive, she said: No way, till the next drive.

Honestly I can’t imagine my weekends without ALMOST4X4 drives anymore.

Ego was not at any of the almosters which really amazing, not like any other club. Others should have a small drive with us to believe what I’m saying.

Thanks a lot guys for everything. Can’t wait for the next one.

See soon.

Fouad
Driver of Gold Y61 that you all rescued him 😌

Please those who have shooted my recovery pics or videos. Could you please share them on telegram?

IG: @fuadkhawam

presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters!

Today we had a nice drive for our fresh newbies at Al Faqa area.

We had three convoys with @Barish , myself and the organizer @Scorpio leading.

My convoy had @Abu Jimmy as marshal looking around and our competent intermediate @Gabor doing the rescue.

We drove for 20km facing front crest and some climbs were everyone performed great with a few belly crest and 2nd tries, as expected.

Looking forward to see you all again!
Last edited by presa on Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aminemac

Hello Almosters!

Today we a great relaxed drives were our freshest newbies got to experience some real off-roading 😊.

After we deflated, we had a small brief and were split to three convoys by @Scorpio .

Our convoy was led by @Barish and supported by @Rashidjass , @awais_300 and @Yazan Ali .

The drive was pretty smooth with few second tries and some cars getting stuck.

I liked that everyone followed the marshals tracks and were disciplined.

Just a reminder to mention your name and your car when you say ‘clear’.

Pajero drivers don’t hesitate to PM me about any Pajero inquiries.

See you again soon on the sand.

Adventure Begins at the End of the Road. thumbsup
Amine - Black LWB Pajero
Loca
Intermediate
Intermediate

Dear Almosters,

something like 50 cars at the meeting point this morning for 3 convoys full of excited drivers. First "Newbies" drive for many new members of Almost4x4 Family who completed the Club Member drive last week and first injection of fun and adrenaline for them thumbsup

Fun-Busy day learning recovery techniques under the passionate and experienced guidance of @alshamsi_m for me grin

I was in the convoy led by @Scorpio with @thursday 2nd lead, @Abu Odai floating and @alshamsi_m overviewing and guiding

@Scorpio was great to set the right balance of challenges and fun. All the drivers did well and we just had some stucks and 2nd tries.Worth to mention, no dangerous situations

@alshamsi_m shared a lot of knowledge today and all the drivers where focussed putting into actions what they learned ...

1. the pro and cons of wet sand

2. how to break when driving down a drop

3. the correct distance

4. the use of radio

5. how to self recover using a shovel (this was a Team exercise)

6. how to interpret the "tic-tic-tic" coming from suspensions in the different conditions

7. how to deal with arcs and momentum

8. how to approach a front crest

9. how to use recovery points for safe recoveries

10. and last but not least, how to use shade for drivers and not for cars grin

I really enjoyed the drive, the learning and the great company

Looking forward to see you soon
ciao
Gianluca (aka Loca)
Black/White FJ (aka La Ciccina)
Mobile 0561776322
Loca
Intermediate
Intermediate

VTC4800 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:09 pm By the way, for those who are in the second convoy; I’m the one who stucked twice 😬 thanks @Loca for the recovery. Make sure next time you keep the recovery gears next to you maybe in cup holders . You kept pulling us most of the drive. You’re awesome. 👍🏻
thumbsup

Dear Fouad, getting stuck is part of the fun and we keep getting stuck in all drives and at all levels. Every time you get stuck you learn something about your drive and something about your car. It helps to understand the limits. It's a learning experience for all the drivers, including those watching the recovery. By watching you understand what happened, why and how to stay safe
grin
Gianluca (aka Loca)
Black/White FJ (aka La Ciccina)
Mobile 0561776322
VTC4800
Intermediate
Intermediate

Loca wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:14 pm
VTC4800 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:09 pm By the way, for those who are in the second convoy; I’m the one who stucked twice 😬 thanks @Loca for the recovery. Make sure next time you keep the recovery gears next to you maybe in cup holders . You kept pulling us most of the drive. You’re awesome. 👍🏻
thumbsup

Dear Fouad, getting stuck is part of the fun and we keep getting stuck in all drives and at all levels. Every time you get stuck you learn something about your drive and something about your car. It helps to understand the limits. It's a learning experience for all the drivers, including those watching the recovery. By watching you understand what happened, why and how to stay safe
grin

I’ll be frank and brave enough to tell that once I got stuck I $&!t in my 🤓🤓🤓 I was scary that I would roll over. Thanks god everything went good and safe.

@alshamsi_m and @Abu Odai ran to calm me down.

😅
dayerman

Great night bbq and and great day off roading.🎢

Yesterday me and @radek arrived a bit late to the bbq. After starting the fire and thinking that the dinner was going to take another hour, we got overwhelmed by everyone offering us food! Omg how good was that. We felt blessed and full. By the time we cooked our meat we were not hungry anymore grin grin Special mention to the Kenafa, the best i have ever tried in my 4.5 years in Duba. @Shamsi was offerring us also some delicious meat and another guy gave us some nice greek treats. Thanks again!

The ride was a different story! I did not drink coffe but i did not miss it xD soon @Barish did a great leading to some technical challenges where we had to use our ropes for first time xD great experience overall and lots of learning, specially about facing the side of the dunes .I also meet other Pajero drivers who gave me some more hints about my car. The best and the worst part was getting stuck!

Looking forward to see you again guys, have a great holidays if we dont see us sooner.

Regards,
Dayerman.

refik

Dear Almosters,

Yesterday Was an amazing driving.

I reached to meeting point around 7am and there was only one car with Romania flag,i open the private message and i noticed the meeting timing is updated to 8:00-8:30,so now on i will read the next messages with all eyes this was first lesson of the day and next lessons shared @alshamsi_m a lot of knowledge from his experience and impressions on our convoy’s common mistakes big thanks to patrol driver for some live examples on stuck issues thumbsup .I was in the convoy led by @Scorpio with @thursday 2nd lead, @Abu Odai floating thanks to everyone I really enjoyed. I want to thank once again @Scorpio for organizing and leading.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

mpodroid
media
media

Hi,

I was in the convoy led by @presa with marshal @Abu Jimmy .

@presa gave us the briefing and warned us to be very careful in front cresting: too much speed is dangerous.

Probably, some of the new members got quite scaredd and we had multiple and repeated stuck.

After a while I started to get a bit bored and left the main tracks to have wider turns on dunes to have some more fun. @Gabor immediately reached me out to remind my responsibility: I must avoid "variations" that the cars following me could not keep up with.

Lesson learned.

So far, I had 21 drives in the desert since April (5 of them with Almost4x4). I already collected my long list of 7 stucks and 5 pop outs, almost all of them in my first 10 drives, making somebody else bored ;-)

So, dear newcomers, do not be worried: being stuck is fine, is part of our trip learning dune bashing. It happened and still happens to experienced drivers: the differences is that we do mistakes, they practice extreme parking.

Up to now, the main lesson I learned is: pay attention mostly in the end of the drive. We are more tired and tend to lose focus, then it is easier to do mistakes.

Marco
If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost.
Rune's Rule
Murphy's Law
VTC4800
Intermediate
Intermediate

refik wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:28 pm

big thanks to patrol driver for some live examples on stuck issues thumbsup.

Anytime my dear 😬 thanks for helping me in recovery