Magneto

Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everyone,

I had the opportunity to drive Optimus ([mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] FJ (thank you Bu Salem).

One of our members asked me: Does Bu Salem know you drive his car like this ? grin

Well, our convoy had a great time in the Sweihan desert, exploring, learning, pushing the comfort levels of our 10+ drivers and having fun doing so. [mention]Scorpio[/mention] chose amazing lines and kept the level just right for this level drive. In this area it is very tempting to raise the level due to all the amazing dunes and the opportunities they offer :)

It was great driving with everyone, and I am looking forward to seeing you in the sand again.

Regards,

Booy
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
optimus
Marshal
Marshal

Hi All,

This was my 2nd drive of the day.
i was in the convoy lead by [mention]presa[/mention] , he positioned me in the center of the convoy.
[mention]Youssef.Abdelhady[/mention] was sweeping and our marshal [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] was floating & [mention]Johanna[/mention] was assigned the 2nd lead.

@presa mentioned that "Magneto" is because the wheels should always remain intact on the sand like a magnet, flying is not at all allowed.

the drive started with safari style warm up, then the leader increased the pace with multiple entry level side crests. Though the area was much tempting and had so much to offer but [mention]presa[/mention] did a fantastic job by forming the perfect lines for the level of the convoy.
He even few times modified the route wherever he felt that the track would not be safe for the convoy.

We have few 2nd tries. Members were properly guided to do the self recoveries.
We just had to use the rope once.

Above everything it was a wonderful day spent with friends!

Until next time!
Optimus
Black FJ (The Godfather)
Fat Rabbit

Bu Zayed wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:09 am
...During the drive scorpio took us to Nagra dune (Old lady dune) for the intermediates to play...
At the start of the drive, [mention]Scorpio[/mention] mentioned over the radio about Old Lady. Then a couple of times more it was mentioned during the drive. And I was wondering, wow, who would have kept that name for a dune. That would be so sad sad... leaving an old lady out all by herself grin

But then I remembered [mention]caprihorse[/mention] also had these names, like Madam Desert Ghost etc grin and photos of stuck vehicles with the ghost were posted on the forum grin

Looking forward to discover more fascinating names on upcoming drives in love
Where the road ends, the enjoyment begins..
With Natalie, a 2-door beige Nissan Patrol Safari
Rooies
Intermediate
Intermediate

We spend the morning in the area or close by & now it was the afternoon drive & some of us where still there grin .

I was taking a short power nap & when I woke there were a few cars already. We did the drills, had the briefing & the convoys were dealt in, I was with [mention]Scorpio[/mention] , second lead...again, second time on the same day, how cool is that cool .

We headed in the dunes & the track was nice & flowing, some nice climbs, one or two big drops. There was not many issues, a few second tries, few stucks, but nothing major, the guys were doing good.

I increased my following distance (lessons learned with the morning drive thanx to [mention]Agalon[/mention] thumbsup ) not to en up in a weird place...AGAIN whu . At once stage we did a nice climb & the next moment [mention]Scorpio[/mention] said STOP, don't come, I sneaked forward & found him in a small bowl stuck with enough space under his car to have a picnic. I called[mention]Booy[/mention] & told him we have a situation & needed his help, [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] also showed up & they assessed the situation, it was a bit of a tricky stuck, but our marshalls knows the business & it was not long before we were playing again.

We reached Nader dune (think thats what's its called), the newbies watched while we played (last year I had to watch), the dune is messed up, lots of bumps so not easy to get to the top, there was also other clubs running around & it became "unsafe" so we moved. We went round the corner & did a nice big climb, watching the sun set thumbsup . From there we moved to the road, but that took some time, with some nice climbs & crests.

Overall it was a very nice drive, thank you [mention]Scorpio[/mention] for making me second lead, for [mention]Booy[/mention] & [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] for looking after us.

Till we meet in the sand again, take care.

Regards
Rooies
Nobody Gets Left Behind