High Octane

optimus
Marshal
Marshal

Hi All,

Worth waking up at 4 am, driving all the way to beautiful Sweihan!

Scorpio lead the drive with [mention]haider alnuaimi[/mention] second lead, [mention]Abu Odai[/mention] sweeping and [mention]presa[/mention] floating!

Without wasting anytime [mention]Scorpio[/mention] directly attacked the first dune with a side crest however the convoy had to make a stop after crossing over to the other side since Nabil realized that he had a tech glitch with his car and therefore could not continue! [mention]presa[/mention] and [mention]Abu Odai[/mention] made sure that he returns safely to the tarmac and once that was set we continued with the drive hitting every crest that came in our way, those high and soft climbs and drops! It was a perfect intermediate drive where many of us had second tries but no hazardous situations :))

Our leader gave a perfect training session for the intermediates where we were able to learn from our seniors and level up what we have learned so far!

A big thank you for an amazing lead by [mention]Scorpio[/mention] ! &
[mention]presa[/mention] [mention]Abu Odai[/mention] and [mention]haider alnuaimi[/mention] for handling the convoy exceptionally well and keeping us safe despite the limited support we had today!

Till we meet next time!!
Optimus
Black FJ (The Godfather)
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters!

We had a great lead from [mention]Scorpio[/mention] followed by 7 intermediates and 3 support team, including myself.

The drive started at Seweihan and finished at Old Lady, with around 3h of driving and we finish with the wind increasing.

Was great to see all members communicating well, doing 2nd tries whenever necessary and not a single unsafe moment, although the drive was full of long climbs and side crests on sharp edges.

Hope to see you all next weekend!
Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

Hello Everyone,

So, the last time when I had to lead the intermediates on this track in the Morning Thrill drive my suspension had an issue and I could not drive angry . But this time, it was payback time and I decided to take intermediates to the same track ninja . Thank you [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] for this amazingly crafted track thumbsup .

I lead the convoy with [mention]haider alnuaimi[/mention] as the 2nd lead and [mention]Abu Odai[/mention] as the sweeper. Thank to [mention]presa[/mention] for keeping an eye on the convoy all around. Missed [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] on the drive as he could not make it. It was a perfect convoy of 9 cars with 7 intermediates and 2 advanced members.

In the first 5 minutes of the drive, [mention]nabil_k[/mention] had some issue with his suspension and he had to leave unfortunately. But it was good that he noted it in the beginning of the drive itself and took the right decision to exit. As promised, the convoy was taken to the big dunes and sharp long crests. It was an amazing area of parallel dunes having long straight crests; several time we did zig-zag side cresting on the same crest due to the lengthiness of the crest. The convoy climbed many high dunes and came down by riding on the sloping crests. We enjoyed the side cresting from both the windward and leeward sides. Despite the fact that we had many second tries and stucks during the drive, the convoy drove safely (except for couple of times when I saw flying cars you're kidding, right). The radio communication was good too.

According to the plan, we finished the drive at the old lady. There, we had one FJ who got stuck in an extremely soft patch of powdery sand. It was soft enough not to withstand the weight of a human even zomg ! So, the plan was to attach 2 viking ropes to pull it out and the guys went to get their ropes out. There was a little opportunity that I saw in that situation and thought to give it a try before the pull. Fortunately, the car responded perfectly and with some back and forth moves, it came out (FJ power :twisted: :lol: ).

We drove for 3 hours with couple of breaks in between in a nice weather signaling that winter is not too far now..

Hope to see you soon..

Cheers!
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!
Mahmoodyasin
Advance
Advance

Hi Almosters
Morning drive to sweihan and rounding up with the amazing company proved its worth.
After a clear and concise briefing by the lead [mention]Scorpio[/mention] , we straight away moved towards the big dunes. Unfortunately [mention]Nabil[/mention] couldn't continue due to some problems with his car. [mention]presa[/mention] and [mention]Abu Odai[/mention] helped him make his way to the main road.
The area and the track chosen was amazing as it had a blend of everything, high dunes, sharp crests, technical areas and high speed stretches.
In fact, there were few dunes for which, on my own i wouldn't have even tried to climb, as to conquer them looked impossible. This was one of the moment i cherished to be a part of this fabulous group, where a thought of impossible was at the end, achievable. When [mention]Scorpio[/mention] used his skills to lead us safely to, not only climb but finish it with a side crest over that humongous dune 👏🏼.
It was a smooth run after that, with few second tries and surprisingly no pop outs to work on. The weather was a compliment as the temp ranged between 31-38 throughout the drive.
[mention]presa[/mention] and [mention]Abu Odai[/mention] did a great job, making sure the convoy was safe and provided guidance as and when required. During the drive my radio started giving problems, however it was immediately sorted when [mention]Abu Odai[/mention] let me use his spare one.
The drive ended with a huge climb and a steep slide on the “old lady” dune.
We made it to the deflating point on time, where all sounded very delighted after experiencing a wonderful drive.
Thanks [mention]Scorpio[/mention] and the advance team for a fun filled drive.

Mahmoodyasin
Dark Stallion
(Black FJ cruiser)