Back for More

Loca
Intermediate
Intermediate

Dear Almosters,

Back for More was a proper Intermediates drive Psmiley

First of all we got honored by our Founder [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] and many Marshalls: [mention]Solmaz[/mention] , [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] , [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] .. all there to have fun in the area selected by [mention]Agalon[/mention] , the leader and organizer for this drive

With such a mix of personalities my legs started to shake at the beginning but when we hit the first dune the fun took advantage and it was full adrenaline from the beginning to the end

Warm up was quite short and actually not needed given the 50 degrees in the air melt .. I spent most of the drive hoping for a smooth flow with no stops as during each stop I was feeling like burning

[mention]Agalon[/mention] served full menu to the convoy: full speed climbs, arcs and hundreds of crests. I don't think we left any un-touched crest in the area (Nahel) thumbsup

On each crest, the feeling of sliding on the skid plate and lifting sand like surfing waves in the ocean is difficult to describe and left a big smile in my face for many hours after the drive and also now when writing this report in love

Agalon leveraged the agility of his short Jeep and took the convoy through some technical passages, particularly in the second half of the drive

I had to squeeze the horse power of my Pajero as a lemon but she seconded me very well and didn't give up on any steep climb.

The drive went through very nicely and we only had couple of stucks and pop-outs which I think is fair given the level of the drive and the area

Radio was silent for most of the time and I think this is where we can improve a little bit. I understand at Intermediate level radio can be a distraction and everyone must know what is happening under the wheels but in my opinion, better to call a ditch or a clear more than one less grin

That's all for this drive. Thanks [mention]Agalon[/mention] for the amazing lead and the beautiful area you selected for the drive. Thanks [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention], [mention]Solmaz[/mention] , [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] , [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] every drive with you is like going back to school

Looking forward to meeting soon my 2nd Family in the sand or anywhere else
Last edited by Loca on Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gianluca (aka Loca)
Black/White FJ (aka La Ciccina)
Mobile 0561776322
Mahmoodyasin
Advance
Advance

Hi All
"Back for more" was a special one for me, as i was to be tested on the sand.
Arrived a bit confused yet very excited to find, almost equal number of marshals in attendance against the intermediates, which made me take a nervous gulp.
Convoy had seven cars, surrounded by BIG GUNS cool [mention]Shamsi[/mention] [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] [mention]Solmaz[/mention] [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] .
Placed behind the lead [mention]Agalon[/mention] and ahead of [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] one can imagine the situation i was put in melt .
[mention]Agalon[/mention] didnt believe in warm-up and straight away went to the climb, moving fast over the crests and sliding down at high speed, made me work very hard to keep him in sight. Some how i managed to survive the first hour of the drive with few second tries, including a challenging side crest, thanks to [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] for tipping me on how to work on the momentum.
Things just went warm, to warmer as the drive proceeded, the ac was full but the sweat was still pouring we all gonna die . As if that was not enough, i saw [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] tail gating behind, made me wonder if will not speed up, he might run over me :roll: Worrying of being dehydrated from the situation made me push the mirror to the other side. on fire .
Blessing in disguise [mention]Agalon[/mention] started having some issues with his wheels, and decided to point his jeep towards the exit, granting us an extra hr of life.

The drive........ exciting, challenging, amazing, thrilling, stimulating, rousing, inspiring, full of fun!!!

thanks [mention]Agalon[/mention] for a fun filled day.

Mahmoodyasin
Dark stallion (black fj)
Last edited by Mahmoodyasin on Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rooies
Intermediate
Intermediate

It was a battle getting a seat, first registration I missed because I was playing in the sand, then a seat opened up & I grabbed it quickly grin

It was a HOT Friday afternoon, I left early & had a nice relaxed drive, met [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] at the last fuel station & followed him to the meeting point. When we got there, [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] was already there....resting. I went through the drills & slowly more & more drivers showed up. Did I mention that it was HOT cool .

We had our briefing & i decided to sit infront of [mention]Sostick[/mention] that was sweeper for the day. I had a passenger, that has never been on an intermediate drive...The pace was fast from the get go, with not to many issues, the convoy was small. [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] was there in his family car thumbsup , every now & then I just saw this big car heading my way over a dune & on the flats it would disappear again. [mention]Mahmoodyasin[/mention] was second lead & [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] was close behind him, very close grin . There was a pop out, but we fixed it in no time & we back on the road again.

The going was still fast, [mention]Loca[/mention] was infront of me grinning all the way. Somewhere we had to make a side crest, [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] said we must wait for the clear (misunderstanding) thought he was talking about another side crest.....I overshot the side crest redbullsmiley , landed sideways & suffered a pop out, my passenger was ok, little bit pale but was still ok. I was "stuck in a small bowl with a pop out, fortunately I have a small car grin. They guys jumped in & helped & it was not long before we were back having fun.

[mention]Agalon[/mention] took us through our paces & I could see he was missing the sand. The drive was awesome, with only 2 pop outs, 2 stucks as far as I can remember, overall a lot of fun.

Thank you [mention]Agalon[/mention] for the drive, [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] , [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] & [mention]Solmaz[/mention] for looking after us.

Till we meet again in the sand, take care.
P.S. My passenger loved it & will be back thumbsup .

Greeting
Rooies
Nobody Gets Left Behind
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello everyone

I will steal [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] statement " it felt like I never been in this area although I have points ".

That is exactly what [mention]Agalon[/mention] gave us, amazing drive with every possible side cresting in Nahel. Although I had a favour with jetlag but I couldn't miss the opportunity to miss this drive. WELL DONE thumbsup .

Driving my family car was another experience but was fun to change the car and be out of your comfort zone arr.

Thanks to all the marshals and support to give us another successful day.

Tell next time, stay safe.

Cheers
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills