Gazelle run

presa
Marshal
Marshal

Good morning Almosters!

We had a very nice morning drive in the back of Al Qudra with our 10- newbies.

Weather was great, with around 30oC at starting time and 38oC at finishing time, around 9h30.

We started with the first half of the drive in a technical area, where the convoy experienced small dunes, some soft sand areas, including soft crests, where most, including Me, got to feel the heat XD
Thanks for the support [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] , [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] , [mention]Abu Odai[/mention] , [mention]haider alnuaimi[/mention] , [mention]Jasper[/mention] , [mention]Bu Zayed[/mention], [mention]optimus[/mention] and [mention]Scorpio[/mention] for being there!

On the second part of the drive, we had more of a Safari style, with higher speed, arches making the sand fly where the convoy was passing.

Have a great week and hope to see you all next weekend!
Last edited by Phoenix on Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spellchecked
Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

Hello Everyone,

Nice area chosen by [mention]presa[/mention] for this drive, having a mix of technical and medium sized dunes. It was a pleasant morning to enjoy some Qudra dunes and sights of gazelles.

The drive was great and presa provided a challenging track to the convoy full of learning opportunities. We had some stucks and second tries during the drive. One of the vehicle had to leave the drive after half an hour of ride due to radiator issue (always keep some extra water in your cars).

Thanks to [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] for your guidance and letting us enjoy watching the patrol flattening those crests thumbsup . Thanks to [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] for being the heavy weight guardian with his KM3 thumbsup . Thanks to all the Inters and Advanced drivers for your great support and company thumbsup .

See you soon in the sand..

Cheers 8-)
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello everyone

2 weeks to go and summer is over, waking up in the early morning is just pain but once you are in the sand then it is worth waking up in love .

[mention]presa[/mention] is one of the most natural drivers I have seen, he has the sence of the terrain and the cars behind him, as a result, we had a very good training day for everyone to practice the stright cresting thumbsup with maneuvering in the soft sand.

Members did very well in the drive showing their progress in the offroading skills so well done!!!

Before I close, I would like to thank [mention]Rathica[/mention] for the chicken wings yaeh am not durnk ... they were delicious.

Stay tuned... there more drives to come ... this is the NO OFF SEASON CLUB cool

Cheers
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Bu Zayed
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello all,

Thanks [mention]presa[/mention] for the amazing drive.

The drive started in a beautiful area of Al Qudra along with amazing weather which really gives hope that summer is almost over.

We had one long convoy with a total of 17 cars and I was sweeping the convoy :-)

The track was just perfect with all kind of terrains to give the newbies the chance to practice their skills. Most of the drivers did great although I was all the way at the back and couldn't see everyone.

We came across a number of animals who added a bit of a joy to our trip and gave it a more of out of the city feeling.

It was great to see all the advance drivers play over the dunes while floating around the convoy making sure we are all safe. It was nice to join them over the dunes whenever we stop :-D

Even that my work doesn't give me much chance to join the drives weekly, but I had so much fun in this drive and it did energised me to want more offroading drive.

Thank you [mention]presa[/mention] for such an amazing drive and thanks to intermediate, advanced and founder for the support.

Regards,
Bu Zayed
Rathica
Crew
Crew

I got to experience Gazelle Run in Fluffy. [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] showed me all 400 Hpw of Fluffy. The course that [mention]presa[/mention] planned was fun and the Almosters made the most of it. It was great fun and I got to experience how the Pros drive anti gravity 😜 which I will not try when I am alone 🤣
Join me drawing in the sand
👑Dauntless 🚙💨
Adrian

Very belated report – I’ve been busy! Rashidjass had very kindly allowed me onto this trip at the last minute since there was one space left. It was an enjoyable early morning excursion into the desert ably led by Presa. From my personal, learning, perspective, I had 2 second tries which both occurred in similar circumstances. A steep descent followed immediately by a steep climb. I was wary of bashing the front bumper so I didn’t have enough speed/momentum starting from the bottom of the slope. I need to get a better feel for just how quickly I can attack a steep dune when it rises sharply at the bottom, without damaging the front bumper or worse the radiator. I’ll do some practice in a suitable location on my own.
One final note about the culture of the club, one car had a car sick passenger who was really suffering so the leaders decided to finish a little early to give the poor kid a break. Every driver there was supportive, showing again the lovely attitude of everyone involved in the club.
Thanks again to all the leaders and support drivers for providing another great desert driving experience.