Newbie Trip - Sharjah Desert 21/01/2011

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

We had very interesting and successful trip today. In the morning 18 cars arrived to the meeting point, within them 4 almost4x4 off-road club marshals. After brief trip introduction we drove to the desert starting point, we deflated and explained newbies some driving techniques. Driving towards Fossil rock, newbies gained trust with their cars and terrain. Steep descent from Fossil rock was for many new members a great excitement. Around 1 pm we started drive towards Camel Rock, driving the top edges of dunes, to learn how to choose the right turning points.
At Camel Rock deep descent everybody did very well. Some cars got stuck on the edge of the dune, but it is needed as learning curve to understand the right sense of decision making and braking.
From Camel Rock towards Dave's Dune appeared to be exciting driving on the top dunes' edges of this marvellous desert area. After safely crossing main road we continued towards Pink Rock and reached mountain pass, with one stuck in rocky area.
Unfortunately the rain, which was accompanying us all day long gained on the power, so we decided quickly to drive towards Al Badayer Shops. We reached there around 5 pm, bringing all drivers safely to E66 main road.

All newbies, we hope that you enjoyed the trip and we met your expectations. You are free to express your opinion on the trip in this thread.

In the name of all marshals we, thank you very much for joining us !:047::051:
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello CapriHorse
I want write about the trip but I can hardly open my eyes .... :029: In Conclusion: it was a great day … I promise you guys that I’ll write back

P.S: please Caprihorse don't forget to make the list in the marshals forum of our drivers' names to upgrade them from CLUB MEMBER to NEWBIE
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks alot CAPRI, ALSHAMSI, ALKHATIB.. for such a nice trip and so much patience recovering the newbies with always smiling face. to tell you the truth I personally enjoyed all stages but last two stages which was challenging was amazing.
You three guys were interacting with us like you know us from a longtime.
Thankns for everything.
Indy

It was a great trip, one which me and my wife thoroughly enjoyed! It was a great experience, even in my sleep the twists, turns, the climbs and the drops kept coming back to me :) i am still in the zone! Thanks a lot for making this possible - Sylvester for choosing a great route through gentle slopes at first and then really challenging ones at Fossil Rock and Camel Rock.. I did manage to get stuck cresting the big dune off Camel Rock, thanks to the the Marshals and the more experienced team members for pulling me out and giving me the confidence to go for it!! It was quite un-nerving not to be able to see the ground coming over the top.. and then again telling my feet not to go for the brakes on the steep descents.. wow!

I hope I will get used to it in more trips with you guys in the future..Thanks to everyone - AlShamsi for being so patient and leading me back to the trail when I got left behind at one stage, Al Khatib for pulling me out, going over the rocks at Fossil Rock.

I did make a few mistakes and I learnt a lot more. I lost and found my keys - that's another valuable lesson learnt!!!

See you buddies next time!

Hindol Bhattacharya (Indy)
ahmedjamal

That was the best day ever... :D

Whats next im sooooo in... :D :D
Alosh
Advance
Advance

Look like you enjoy it
i'm very happy for you guys
sorry i didnt join you
next Time i hope so
Regards
Hassan
Golden Member
Golden Member

it was a great trip capri,we enjoyed that very much.
will be looking forward for some more trips with you.
Thnaks.
hussein_arshad

What a trip it was!!!
Being a desert lover and adventurous loving person that I am, I always endeavor to find the true thrill in the desert through driving into the vast expanse of the desert and driving over golden dunes. There is nothing more exciting for me than to drive in some of the roughest and most dramatic terrain in the desert which surely gives me an adrenaline pumping ride. Apart from the excitement in driving, there is nothing more fascinating than the scenery of the desert which gives a serene touch and always leaves me with a remarkable experience. Yesterday’s desert trip is surely one of the trips I would consider as the best. My expectations for a fun-filled and thrilling trip were reached with elated satisfaction. Thanks for the rain as well which made the trip one of its kind. I would like to extend my gratitude to the Club Marshals and Trip Leader, I would like thanks; Specially Mr. Hassan, Mr. AlShasmsi, Mr. Abdullah and for the club members itself for a warm welcome to myself and my friends. I would never have enjoyed to the maximum if not because of the good company that Almost 4x4 Club has extended to us. See you all again in the next trip J

ALISAEED
Intermediate
Intermediate

hi Dears
am happy to read that everybody enjoyed and learn more experience from this trip
also am confident that will happened because you joins ALMOST 4x4 club with great leader and marshals.
Sorry I couldn’t attend because my car slept in GARAG for service but inshallah next trip
see you soon
googloid
Golden Member
Golden Member

To call it a great trip is an understatement - it was an outstanding trip and experience. The attention to detail and emphasis on our safety is what makes almost4x4 the best. I had a fantastic time and my thanks to all the marshals that were out there to guide us in these first steps we are taking into the fabulous world of 4x4 offroad driving. Looking forward to many many more trips with almost4x4. Special thanks to Al Shamsi (sorry about your tow rope), Sylvester, Abdallah and Mohammed - u guys did great. Am willing to do this again anyday as I know we'll be in good hands. Thanks again!!!