Hot Stars Club Member Drive

presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters!

We had a great drive today!
Weather was hot but dry, and the brief was given by [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] in a brilliant way.

There were three convoys, lead by:
[mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] : Convoy 1
[mention]Booy[/mention] : Convoy 2
[mention]Solmaz[/mention] : Convoy 3

In my convoy, #1, we had a good drive with some front dune crossing, a few drops and finishing with a good climbing.

Thank you all Marshals for organizing this event and hope that all like it and post your comments here!
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

presa wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:10 pm Hi Almosters!

We had a great drive today!
Weather was hot but dry, and the brief was given by @Abu Jimmy in a brilliant way.

There were three convoys, lead by:
@Abu Jimmy : Convoy 1
@Booy : Convoy 2
@Solmaz : Convoy 3

In my convoy, #1, we had a good drive with some front dune crossing, a few drops and finishing with a good climbing.

Thank you all Marshals for organizing this event and hope that all like it and post your comments here!
You rushed it. I dont see the love
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to almost4x4!

So great to have new faces in our one big family; we had a big gathering of club members at the meeting point. [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention], the organizer of the event, conducted the briefing under the tree shade; it was a hot and humid afternoon you're kidding, right . The briefing was detailed and provided valuable information on the off-roading do’s and don’ts.

Following the briefing, the group was divided into 3 convoys and I was part of the 3rd convoy which was assigned to [mention]Solmaz[/mention] and [mention]Rashidjass[/mention]. I would like to thanks Solmaz for giving me the opportunity to lead the convoy and Rashidjass for providing guidance during the drive. Thanks to [mention]SINGH[/mention], @[mention]nabil_k[/mention] [mention]Phoenix[/mention] , [mention]Rooies[/mention] and [mention]Jasper[/mention] as well for their amazing support.

In our convoy, the learning started from the very first dune itself where we had the first belly stuck. We had a nice drive consisting of some nice runs, climbs, straight crests, drops and had many second tries and stuck cars on the way. Our marshals Solmaz and Rashidjass kept the convoy safe and supervised all the rescues and provided guidance on the drops. Hats off to our Advanced and Inters for their superb support all the way; it was a really hot afternoon melt but they were always available for any kind of assistance for the new members thumbsup .

We took a small break in between when the other convoy was passing by and the crest that I thought would catch my convoy, actually caught [mention]Booy[/mention]’s convoy instead arr. . After the other convoy left, we started moving and reached the powerline. From the starting point till the powerline we had countless stops for rescues and had a lot of learning opportunities yuush.

When we reached the powerline and started moving towards the fossil rock, I saw the other two convoys who had reached on top already. So we also started climbing and had some regular issues in between but everyone made it successfully yuush . The sun was about to set at that time when we reached to the top and it was an amazing view from there. We stayed there for some time and then started our journey back to the ground. On the way down, we had some stucks due to soft sand but they were managed amicably. It was already dark when we touched the tarmac and I ended the drive at the nearby fuel station.

Thank you all for your lovely company and I hope you enjoyed your time thumbsup .

Please complete your tools to get your first star; congratulations to those who have already got it.

See you soon in the newbie drives…

Cheers 8-)
Last edited by Scorpio on Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everyone,

A warm welcome to each and everyone who joined the club member drive, and congratulations to those who had their tools inspected, and will receive their Newbie Star.

Remember to register for the drive this coming Friday, which is specially designed for our new Newbie Members.

We hope to read many trip reports from the 30+ club members who joined this drive, as it is always good to receive feedback from the drivers. Writing a trip report also gives you the opportunity to reflect back on the the drive, replay the different scenarios in your mind, and helps to preserve the memory for years to come.

Looking forward to seeing you in the sand, and enjoying your offroad journey with you.

I was happy to also have met some divers among the new members, and we are looking forward to seeing you in our "OCEAN" adventures.

Till we meet again - stay safe....

Regards,

Booy
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everyone,

I think a lot of club members were waiting for this drive and despite the heat we had a very good turnout.
Usually I try to welcome all the new faces, this time I was not able to walk around much and I had to take several breaks from the heat in someone´s car in front of the running AC wink

I am always happy to see some women joining our club, so a very warm welcome to you ladies grin
[mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] gave the briefing and we all got divided in 3 convoys.
I joined [mention]Booy[/mention] in the middle of the convoy. While heading towards Fossil Rock, he gave our new members some challenges like steep drops, arches and some climbs. Our convoy did very well, we had some second tries and stucks (welcome back [mention]Mohanad[/mention] ) but nothing serious, thanks to the support from [mention]Agalon[/mention], [mention]Barish[/mention] and [mention]Daggerfall[/mention].

I hope everyone had a great afternoon, so if not yet done get your tools and receive your first star.

Hope to see you next Friday morning have a nice day
BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.
Markouss
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thank you Almosters for this nice, very organized and smooth drive! I've been on quite a few entry level organized drives and I have to say this was by far the most successful one :).

1) The starting instructions were clear and love the spirit and humor to keep the CM's stress level down :) and making them feel comfortable to ask question, the last thing you need is for a driver to have doubts and loose confidence during the drive.

2) The convoys split and distribution shows the clubs manpower! 3 convoys with enough leads/second, floaters and sweepers this just shows how big and organized the club is. Unlike some things in life, size matters Psmiley it shows that everyone loves it here :)

3) The marshals clearly knew the playground and the level throughout the trip (believe it or not, I've been on an entry level drive with a club that managed to flip a first timer - and one of the marshals hit another car)

4) The floaters and sweepers are attentive! I had the most annoying squeaking sound coming from by boot, stop to try and move the hinge and within seconds was joined by a member checking up on me. He saved me with some WD40!

5) I can go on and on :) but I have work to finish haha thanks every one! and special thanks to all the convoy 2 team and [mention]Booy[/mention] for the lead.

Lastly I have to confess ... one of the highlights of convoy 2 was Fatima... can't remember the car but all i know is that I would wait for her to announce her "Fatima clear" at every dune with a different dancing tone to her voice XD :lol: it just made my day! If you read this, thank you Fatima!

On to the next drive!
Cheers
Barish
Marshal
Marshal

As i always note, it is always nice to be in CM drive for many reasons; new faces, briefings attentions, excitement of new or first pedal pushes over sand and of course memories of our early days in the club.

It all started with a usual professional briefing from [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention]. I am happy to see that almost all drivers followed the rules of radio comms, clearance reports and situation reports.

Thanks to [mention]Booy[/mention] for the lead and all support team for great assistance. Hope to see all CMs now to join the next weeks special drive for them. Welcome to Almost4x4 family once more and enjoy your differantiated offroad experience.

You should always keep in mind one simple thing; you should be improving while you are changing the gear.

Keep on sand.

Barish
Rashidjass
Marshal
Marshal

Straight Roads Do Not Make Skillful Drivers yuush
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

It was a hot day with 60 hot stars, the orgaziner and the mistro of this event was nice enough to give us the briefing under the trees' shade you're kidding, right .

I was with [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] in his convoy where he took us in very nice route which gave the newcomers the taste of the offroading yaeh am not durnk .

By 6:30 PM we were at the top of the Pink rock enjoying the view and waiting for the other convoys . unfortunately, I had to drive back home for other commitments but I'm sure that I'm going to see you next weekend.

Until then, stay safe and congratulations to our new stars thumbsup

Cheers
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Rooies
Intermediate
Intermediate

It was another sunny day, grin cool , when I reached the meeting point there quite a few cars already, everybody was getting ready, old & new mixed together.

We got called together & [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] went through the briefing explaining how to drive, what to do & what not to do, it reminded me of my first trip with the club last year. We were dealt into 3 convoys, I was with [mention]Solmaz[/mention] , [mention]Scorpio[/mention] was infront taking the lead & [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] & [mention]SINGH[/mention] were floating around, [mention]Phoenix[/mention] brought up the rear, think it was a good thing, seeing that he has sand fever from not being in the sand for a while.

I was placed about 5 in the convoy behind the problem vehicles grin . It was not long before I had my first rescue, the Pajero was stuck, wheels spinning, I kept telling him to stop spinning, but nothing happened he just kept spinning (found out he did not have a radio OSMILEY ). We made quick work of the stuck & soon we were all back moving again. There was a Tuscon (apprentice Batman) that made a small jump, [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] was nice enough to collect a few plastic that came off during the landing.

The rest of the drive went well with a few more stucks here & there, but no other serious issues. We ended the drive at Fossil Rock & [mention]Phoenix[/mention] just proofed my point that he had sand fever..... grin grin grin .

The sun was down when we headed out to the road. Two more stucks & my work was done for the day. It was nice seeing so many new faces & hope a lot will return. Thank you to all the marshall, advance & inters helping with the new members.

Till we meet in the sand again, take care & stay safe.

Greetings
Rooies
Nobody Gets Left Behind