Morning Ginga

Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters,

After enjoying the amazing early morning drive organized by [mention]Booy[/mention] we decided to plan this one also very early to enjoy the good weather during the drive and not to suffer because of heat. And I have to say even at the last parts of the drive you could lay on the sand and fix a pop out without any problem. thumbsup And the visibility was also great till the end. So the early drives will continue during the summer.

But there was one problem...5 minutes of resting the eyes turned into an hour of sleep and I missed the start of the drive you're kidding, right . Thanks to [mention]presa[/mention] (He was going to lead and I would be his support) [mention]Barish[/mention] and [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] everything went on as planned (That's why we always have a supporting marshall & Explorer in almost every drive).

When I reached the meeting point I saw the intermediates preparing for their drive...I just said hi and floor it to the desert you're kidding, right . The challenge was to find the convoy in the desert and drive on soft sand with fully inflated tires....and If I put myself into trouble there was no one to help....So the formula is , go fast as much as you can, never slow down and keep the momentum and never do straight crests grin .

After a 15 minutes of fun I joined the convoy, deflated my tires and I was back on business grin

[mention]presa[/mention] gave our members variety of technical challenges and drove a very interesting track. Especially we all enjoyed the steep climbs where you need to adjust your approach speed perfectly to make the climb.

My only comment is for the drivers who are skipping to announce the second tries. This is a newbie level drive and you need to make this a habit for your self because if you cannot do that at this level you wont be able to do it when you drive at higher levels and the consequences might be a fellow member not aware that you are in trouble coming very fast behind you landing on top of you or the convoy will be very far away until they realized you are in trouble.

Its not a shame to do second tries but its a mistake to not report them!

Special thanks to [mention]Gabor[/mention] for joining us in the last minute to compensate the absence of no show 3 intermediate members (Noted) and [mention]Abu Odai[/mention] for honoring his commitment.

It was a beautiful Friday with Almosters and hope to see you next time!

Best Regards
Last edited by Daggerfall on Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters!

I do like the early morning drives on the summer. Waking one hour earlier allow us to drive with better weather and better visibility due to less solar radiation and less wind. Please let me know your preferences :) on your report!

The 10+ crew did great, but better comunication is mandatory for being upgraded: not reporting a 2nd try might make you lose the convoy, since it will keep moving, or even being hit by the car behind you wtfsmilie

All newbie with 10+ drives should have master front crest, so we did with some warmup with safari style, and increased the speed with some climbs, slides and technical areas.

I would like to thank [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] that organized this drive, [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] , [mention]Barish[/mention] , [mention]Gabor[/mention] and [mention]Abu Odai[/mention] by supporting the drive and hope you all have enjoy it!
AMounir
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi Almosters

Weather was perfect up till the end thanks to early start .... I would love summer early morning drives to continue.

The drive was safari style with some small dunes side cresting. I really enjoyed some climbs where we needed to control our approach speed .... too fast and you will hit your front end, too slow and you wont make it. Thanks for [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] hint to accelerate 2 meters or so before the climb thumbsup

All in all, was a very nice drive.

Thanks for leading team and support team for their efforts and dedication

Till next time
Cheers
@AMounir

Panthera pardus
Barish
Marshal
Marshal

It seemed too early at the beginning but why it was too early was clear since it was 29 degrees on the way to meeting point.

It was a nice track with a good momentum as much as possible and the convoy was led very well by [mention]presa[/mention]. We have seen the importance of radio comms and focus during the drive especially while driving among multiple tracks.

Thanks to [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] for orginizing the drive, all drivers who made it well to the end and all support team assisting to make it.

Keep improving while you are changing.

Barish
Alexandar
Intermediate
Intermediate

At first thought I wasn’t too keen on the 5:45 AM meeting all the way in Al Faqaa. That meant I had to get up around 4:20 AM 🤦🏼‍♂.

I hit the snooze button twice and slept off, but my wife woke up and told me to either get rid of the phone or get up and go for the drive. I was running a bit late but managed to reach just on time. Right at the beginning of the drive there was a tire change for one of our members. So, we all gather around and as a team changed it. Only an F1 crew would have been faster than us cool .

I had a number of second tries today oh noes as I either did not have enough momentum or my approach angle was wrong. This time I also choose to be at the back of the convoy which makes the track a little more challenging, I guess.

By 9 o clock the temperature started to rise and the sun started to heat up the sand. Which started new challenges First, I started to lose the track as could not see the contrast and the track blended with the sand. Second, I could feel the change in the sand, it became so much softer. And I started to have more second tries.

Over all and interesting day and figuring out to drive in the hot sand is a new challenge to conquer.
Thank you [mention]presa[/mention] for the lead & the good track. [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention], [mention]Barish[/mention] and [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] for the support and organizing. Thank you [mention]Hakkoum[/mention] for the pictures and the advice. Sorry I chewed up some of the track for you.

In hindsight early morning drives during summer are the best and wisest. The weather is clear and much more pleasant in the morning. (Now I would say start earlier Psmiley ). It’s a huge relief to end the drive before the harsh weather starts. So please more early, early morning drives.

My only other request would be (only if possible) to end the drive closer to a petrol pump or a shaded area. Talking to fellow members & inflating in the shade is so much more relaxing that in the direct sun.

Thank you all! Till next time

Alex
White FJ Xtreme
Last edited by Alexandar on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
presa
Marshal
Marshal

alex9683 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:04 am My only other request would be (only if possible) to end the drive closer to a petrol pump or a shaded area. Talking to fellow members & inflating in the shade is so much more relaxing that in the direct sun.
Hi Alex, I am happy that you like it.

We finished closer to the start point and, as I announced on the radio, who want to join went on a small convoy to the gas station, where you could inflate with the station pump or take some cover while inflating.
fj.cing

I have always like the Idea of morning drives only because you can see and smell freshness of nature and avoid heat from summer.
I had to snooz my clock on 3:45 to be on time all the way from Ras Al Khaimah but it worthed it.
The sand was soft and it makes it interesting combine with technicalotynof terrain. Everyone did well except for some second try and a pop out at the end.
Thanks to @Danilo for a great track he selected and all the support for the time they put for this drive. Looking forward to join you guys again

osman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi Everyone,

Here goes a late report for an early drive!

Thanks to [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] for organizing this nice and early drive, which was very much sought after the sunrise drive in Ramadan. Everybody loved that drive and wanted to have more. This was the first instalment (hopefully) with a slight glitch: the organizier slept-in and could not make the start. But hey, the marshals are marshals, they can catch-up in the middle of nowhere with fully inflated tyres!

[mention]presa[/mention] did a great lead with very limited support team but I guess this was not needed much anyway as the instances were not so many and severe. We started relatively easy and then picked-up with speed after an hour or so. Towards the end, we had a nice medium size soft sand wall with balcony that required right speed adjustment to climb -up to the top. If you approach the wall too fast, you just hit the dunes heads-on, if you are too slow_, you get stuck right in the middle of the climb. Observing the cars from the distance also showed how each car's setup is different than others; even the same models may behave quite differently.

Hoping to see you all again before we melt_ in summer....
Warning: Sand is addictive... and also the sea salt.