Desert Gazing - Cazadores Luna

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello everyone

Yesterday was the last chapter of Ramadan desert Gazing for 2019. The members experienced the FAST side of the night driving where we had a very fast track with night rally style .

Although the whole track was fast with drifting in some places but there were drops, crests and climbs from time to time to spice up the drive.

I was trying my best to beat [mention]Booy[/mention] 's convoy which I over took twice but at the end I lost the race and convoy 1 own the challenge you're kidding, right .

We came to sitting spot in schedule but no one switched of his/ her car so I asked to switch off the cars so we can enjoy the dark night with stars and my wish was granted... they all left wtfsmilie

Well ... less is more... after everyone left we took out our food and drinks and enjoyed the food.. blank thanks [mention]Barish[/mention] thumbsup

We had a great season of NEWBIES NIGHT DRIVES .... till next Ramadan. Stay safe and see you in Eid.

Cheers
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
osman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi,

The translation for cazadores is hunters ([mention]jose[/mention] may correct if wrong). So, we meant to hunt the moon but instead we were trying hunt a blue FJ with an atlas on the door at high speed!

[mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] made a note on the trip system that it would be a high level night drive, then warned in the briefing that it is going to be fast with back to back climbs and drops which may even claim some unnecessary parts of the cars. Well, I would say the drive was not a typical desert gazing drive we had until now but more like a 10++ Friday morning drive, just happened to be a very dark morning so we had to switch on our lights!

My GPS recorded maximum speed as 81Km/Hr and the average speed was 33,6Km/Hr. Keeping in mind we did not pass any sabkha at all. I was the third car on the convoy and only the two cars's dust was blocking my visibility and I cannot imagine the back of the convoy driving at that speed with very limited visibility. Plus the messed up dunes must have made the drive at the back really challenging. Hats off you guys!!

This is one of the drives i really enjoyed, thanks to [mention]Booy[/mention] for the excellent lead and helping us to enhance our skills. I believe the general consensus is not have the night dives be only on Ramadan but more often, even though driving back home becomes the biggest challenge of all.
Warning: Sand is addictive... and also the sea salt.
Barish
Marshal
Marshal

Another fantastic night, on a fantastic track, under a fantastic weather..

Drive was a fast one with straight crests and small site crests. Some of the area was really soft sand but all did well and it was really a grand finale of desert gazing of 2019.

Ramadan is gathering, gathering is sharing, sharing is caring..!

Thanks to [mention]Booy[/mention] for the great fast lead and thanks to [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] for the whole Desert Gazing series of 2019.

I would like to wish Eid Mubarak to all in advance and would like to remind to improve while the chg happens.

See you on the sand.

Barish
Gabor
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just one picture from the previous cresting.
Thank you for this amazing night drive series!
Gabor
Mob: 0561453092
Bu Touma
Intermediate
Intermediate

Good morning Almosters,

We have been able to enjoy a series of fantastic night drive this month of Ramadan and the last one may have been the nicest one. Fast drive, nice area, a bit of everything in terms of spots, nice people and good mood among everyone. I wish we could repeat more frequently night drives, it’s always fun and challenging.

I wish to extend a very big thank you to the Marshals and all the Organizers for enabling us to enjoy these beautiful drives during this Ramadan.

See you in the sands

Abu Touma