Early Birds Sunrise DriveSunrise Drive

Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everyone,

This early morning drive was superb.

After finishing solo bats, then sharing good food with great company at the Suhur event, we made it to the meeting point without any sleep.

We met in the dark at 4:30am , then drove up to Pink Rock where we eagerly waited for the sun to raise its head. At 5:32am it made its appearance, and we set off on a drive towards Badayer.

We needed to wake up, so we went into safari style driving to raise a bit of adrenaline and focus.
The drive was smooth, taking into account that we had a 19 car convoy. Only minimal second tries. All drivers, you guys and girls did great!

I will let the gifted report writers give more details of the drive.

Thanks @Daggerfall , @Agalon , @Solmaz , @Presa for your last minute support. We could push a bit harder than planned, knowing that we have good support all round.

We will certainly do more of these very early morning drives during summer :)

See you soon and stay safe.

Regards,

Booy
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Thank you [mention]Booy[/mention] for the drive.

I am a big fan of early morning fridays drives, since we can start driving without the heat and excessive light of the midday summer.

I met the campers before 4h00, had some chitchat with them and at 5h00 we start driving.

Booy did a warm-up followed by some nice speedy final section that I felt most enjoyed a lot!

Was good to see some 10+ that I haven't see in a while and notice who good they are driving!
AMounir
Intermediate
Intermediate

Weather was fantastic quite un-summer-ish, the drive was super fun specially after the warm up it really got going up, down and sideways grin

Thanks [mention]Booy[/mention] for the great lead and all the support team.

Till next time thumbsup
@AMounir

Panthera pardus
SINGH
Golden Member
Golden Member

A nice drive early morning, perfect start for the day.

We all met at 2nd december shop at 0430am. As scheduled, drive started exactly at 0500 am and after few minutes to the pink rock we stopped at a nice spot. The breeze was amazing and the sun was on its way.

It was a much needed wakeup break for the night campers. Felt amazing to see the sun coming out. Drive started once the sun was out and the pace was quite smooth. As a 10+ drive, slight exposure to the crests was presented to the drivers. Landscape of this area is a bit different then other parts of the desert across the badayer. Dunes are not too high and the formations are quite similar all across. Crests are one sided, mostly its flat on the other side of the crest. But they are short and sharp.

All drivers kept a nice flow and we reached to the badayer before the temp started to rise. Second stage of this drive was within 4km of radius to the badayer shops. That area got some nice technical challenges. As the teamp was rising, the drivers were advised to check their tire pressures, which was expected to be up by that time and surroundings demand to have a better control.

Being are very busy and active area, it was expected to see lots of tracks, so maintaining a right distance from the car in front and to keep the radio communication at its best were the key points to remember. Being a long convoy, guys did well.

Thanks Booy for a nice lead, as always great backup by Daggerfal, Agalon and Pressa. Thanks for a nice sweep @Johanna....

Till next time....see ya.....
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters,

I was not planning to join this drive because it was a busy week for me and wanted to rest but after having a great night with Almosters at the camp till morning I felt really great and joined it.

And I am glad I did it!!! thumbsup

Watching the sunrise, the drive , the track [mention]Booy[/mention] picked, the fun we had was amazing and I agree that we should do very early morning drives from now on . The weather and visibility is great and you will still have rest of the day!!

Thanks to all who organized , participated and supported!

One Final Note: When you are in a troubled situation and there are some marshals giving you instructions , please trust their judgement and follow them because they can see much more from outside then you inside with limited visibility

Best Regards
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Hi, All

Early morning drive found us under a beautiful weather and a long convoy.
After the quick briefing we moved close to the pink rock and we all parked to enjoy the sunrise.

The fun begun immediately after we all took in that amazing view of the sun rising over a curious FOX that was keeping us company.

[mention]Booy[/mention] took off like a demon he went all out fast on a safari style was swallowing the dunes like mini pancakes. No time for errors precise driving was the keep and pedal to the metal. The convoy was moving fast and quite. Radios were at complete silence and the engines were roaring in the empty desert. I had not have such fun for quite sometime.

On the second part of the drive and crossing to the Badayer side the drive change to more technical with a mix of big dunes climbs and fast driving. There the convoy stated having issues: losing the track, second tries radio communications was some of the problems that we phased.

The drive came to the end with all members have enjoyed a full of adrenaline morning drive in a well designed track.

Thank you goes to all participants with special thanks to the organizer and support team.

Take care all and looking forward to see you again in the next drive
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
osman
Intermediate
Intermediate

WOW!!

A truly great drive delivered by [mention]Booy[/mention]; he made sure the adrenaline saved from Tuesday night's "Through The Tunnels" drive was used as top-up since the body was challenged to produce enough of them...

We had a short warm-up drive after we left the meeting point for Pink Rock at dark and watched the beautiful and peaceful sun rise. Then [mention]Booy[/mention] let the fun begin!

I was the third car of the convoy with the full focus to keep the right distance and special attention not to deviate from the track. With the eyes locked on the two cars in front of me, the only time I wished I could take my eyes was in order to watch the ultralights flying on top us. I am sure these guys enjoyed their flights and views, watching a long convoy of cars smoothly going over the dunes.

The drive offered fast safari style as well as technical and soft sand drives. I saw a few times the engine temperature rising more than usual, meaning that we are doing more than average driving for sure.

We also had a nice surprise after reaching Badayer area when I thought the drive was over but we had some bonus drive close to the shops. The dunes were also challenging and enjoyable there and I think being there at the early hours of the day let us to drive more freely with minimal interruptions from the unpredictable outsiders.

Thanks to all making this drive a memorable and safe one.
Warning: Sand is addictive... and also the sea salt.
Loca
Intermediate
Intermediate

Dear Almosters

I was coming from a long and challenging week in the office and I really couldn't wait to enjoy the anti-stress time with my 2nd Family Psmiley

Plan was to start the experience at Suhur, sleep a few hours in the car and enjoy the Early Birds - Sunrise drive. It was a great idea !! thumbsup

After just couple of hours sleep I reached to the meeting point at 2nd December shop where I meet sleepy but happy Almosters Friends. It was still dark when 19 cars convoy moved under [mention]Booy[/mention] lead and heading to Pink Rock

Sunrise and landscape views from Pink Rock was breath taking. For long time I'll remember the "peace and love" feeling. I just had peacing off moment when I found glass bottle littered in that beautiful spot ... omg

As mentioned by the gifted writers who posted their reports earlier than me, we had safari style start to warm up followed by technical drive in Al Badayer area. The flow was smooth and quick and I can't remember a drive with such little radio communication. I could enjoy open windows, fresh air, no radio noise and Gina's engine singing. I did not need anything else than that grin

All drivers did a good job although the short sleep and most of the time we were the only convoy in the area, which is absolutely unusual in Al Badayer

We just had a moment which could have easily prevented by keeping the right distance. However, our Marshals managed to resolve everything with no issues.

Definitely we must do very early drives again, it's so peaceful .. in love

Thanks [mention]Booy[/mention] for the organization and the great lead. Thanks [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] , [mention]Agalon[/mention] , [mention]Solmaz[/mention] , [mention]presa[/mention] , [mention]SINGH[/mention] for the excellent support

Looking forward to see you soon in the sand
Gianluca (aka Loca)
Black/White FJ (aka La Ciccina)
Mobile 0561776322
Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good Morning all,

I think its all said… Getting up early or, in my case, dont sleep at all, was absoultley worth it grin

Catching the sunset is easy, but how often do you watch the sunrise? Pink rock was the perfect spot to watch the sun coming up while the moon was still there… Simply beautiful in love

The last couple of weeks I drove often in Badayer area and I enjoyed especially the last part of the drive in the big dunes. Although we had a huge convoy, we only had few second tries thumbsup

I drove as last car in the convoy and had to deal with messed up tracks, so I had a few challenges getting the 2.3 tons up the dunes. Its probably time for less heavy tires.

I really hope we will have more sunrise drives this summer, I loved it!

Thanks everyone for organizing, and supporting. thumbsup

See you all in the sand have a nice day
BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.