Grand Iftar 2019

presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters, good morning!

Yesterday we had the annual Grand Iftar with Almost 4x4 near Iftar Bowl.

The event was a great success with first time comers, our Club Members, drivers that never drove with Almost before, to Founders, and everything in between!

The Crew and Marshals did an amazing job on organizing the area, beverage and guiding, in and out everyone.

The event was a truly family oriented with kids playing around, a safe area protected by our cars so everyone could rest their chairs and share the Iftar with Almost family.

There were - on my estimative - 190+ people and 100+ cars with Almost and, several other clubs on the area.

Weather was absolutely gorgeous with a light breeze refreshing the participants!

Hoping to see you all next weekend!
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters,

Thanks to all organized , supported and participated . It was a great night with Almost4x4 family.

Thanks to all who cared to share also it was hard to say no after our stomach was full brigade.baka-wolf.com

We also had some adventure at the end of the day by pulling a dead land Cruiser from the seating area all the way to the road with Mosh, Agalon, Barish and Solmaz

As we always tell " We don't leave anyone behind " and we kept our word also this time but next time please be more sensible , If you didn't use your car for months and need to open the hood and hammer your starter with a metal stick while turning the key every time you need to run the car before the event....this is probably a good sign to not take that car to the desert brigade.baka-wolf.com

See you on the next adventure

Best Regards
Last edited by Daggerfall on Sat May 18, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Yazan Ali
Advance
Advance

hello almosters.

as usual very organized drive, route and camping area, it was really nice drive easy truck without any issues or rescue.

thanks for Almost4x4 organizers, Founders and marshals and support teams

special thanks to @Mazaaj and his group for the delicious Mahrous and Briani, thanks for @alshamsi_m for the Vimto ]

thanks Almost Family for the amazing event.

Regards
Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

Hello Almosters,

First of all, thanks to the founders, marshals and crew members for organizing this event. It was very well planned and executed.

We had three convoys made by [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] to take everyone to the iftar bowl; 1st convoy was led by [mention]Rashidjass[/mention], 2nd by [mention]Solmaz[/mention] and the last one was comprised of the sweeping team. The crew members were already placed at the sitting area beside the iftar bowl to welcome the incoming convoys and organize the area to accommodate all.

I was in the sweeping convoy and was with my family as usual. After reaching to the sitting area, we found a nice place to sit and do the iftar. Calling it a one big family is absolutely true and was evident when you see people from different countries and languages sitting together and sharing the same spirit of Ramadan. I must say it felt like a buffet that day grin ; every now and then someone was coming with their cuisine to share with you; so lovely thumbsup .

After the iftar, convoys started leaving under marshals’ supervision. On the way out, we came across a badly stuck land cruiser full of people; it was stuck sideways at an angle of almost 45 degree with one pop-out tire. Rashidjass and [mention]Yoghybear[/mention] consulted with each other and came up with a plan to rescue that family. Yoghybear anchored the LC from the rear hook, Rashidjass sat on the driver seat and I attach my Viking to the front hook of LC to pull it down. It was a tricky one but done professionally under marshals’ guidance. The family was extremely happy and thankful. We repliled the same, as [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] said earlier, ‘We don’t leave anyone behind’ have a nice day . Part of our team helped that family to fix the pop-out after the car was rescued and Rashidjass told me to lead our convoy out to the road safely.

It was a great evening in the sand with families and friends. Hope you all enjoyed your time.

See you soon in the sand on the next drive..

Cheers
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!
Markouss
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello Almosters,

It was both Stacey and I's first event with the club and have to say it was impressive. I was driving around the area in the afternoon and I could see the loads of cars starting to arrive on the scene from all the different clubs/groups and I feared for the worst!

Specially that we had our dog with us, I could not imagine a safe way for so many cars to be driving around a camp site. But to my surprise Almost4x4 had it all under control with great organization and authority.

Put aside the organizing crew and marshals, the diverse group as a community was very respectful in every way, including sharing and socializing.

Look forward to joining and belonging to the club!

Thank you for having us and see you around!

Marc (Beige blue jk) & Stacey (White red jk)
Rashidjass
Marshal
Marshal

Straight Roads Do Not Make Skillful Drivers yuush
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello everyone

Grand Iftar this year was another successful event, hat off for our marshals & crew but the special thanks go to our former marshals who were there too. The former marshals had the LIVE cooking corner where everyone enjoyed the local dishes.

It was very distinguished the way our club was sitting " One Big Family ".

Although my stomach is French, God knows what did I eat that day grin but for sure it is spreading the love .

All in all it was another special day. Looking forward to see you all soon.

Best regards
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Loca
Intermediate
Intermediate

Dears,

the Grand Iftar was a special occasion. One of those where you feel Almost 4x4 is much more than a group of off road enthusiasts.

Me and Nadia, my wife, spent lovely time with all the attendees. We shared our Italian food and got delighted enjoying food and warm feeling from many others.

Even after the stomach was full and the eyes shutting down tired we staid extra time as the company was soo good.

Big thanks to the Organizers who spent time and energies to make this event memorable in love

Looking forward to the next Family reunion thumbsup
Gianluca (aka Loca)
Black/White FJ (aka La Ciccina)
Mobile 0561776322