Super Stars CM Drive

JockJKU
Club Member
Club Member

This is the place for the Club Member trip reports!!

Mine will follow...

Jock
Mahmoodyasin
Advance
Advance

Trip brief from the lead(booy) was very concise and informative. The plan was explaned in a professional manner.
Our group leader Jok knew his plan and kept the whole gang intact, a continued conversation kept everyone safe. Sweepers petr and phenoix did their job very well in terms of recovery and providing guidance towards the drive.
I found the day exciting and enjoyable. Looking forward for the newbie drives.
The highlight was, the delicious home made cookies from Shamsi. Couldn’t stop eating!
Thanks all. 👍🏼
Petr
Intermediate
Intermediate

A photo report from the event. All new members welcome to the club, and don't forget to send a picture of all your required tools to marshalls to grab your seat at the next weekend drive!

Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Welcome to Almost4x4!

Thanks to [mention]Booy[/mention] for organizing the drive and giving a nice introduction to offroading in the desert which will be realized more how valuable and important it is in time by our new members if they continue this adventure!

It is always nice to see the joy and excitement on faces of our new members.

Our convoy did well during the "introduction" drive and finished it on time despite of some challenges and technical issues we encounter during the drive. "As part of the plan" we also made them experience some recovery situations too grin

Thanks to [mention]Bu Zayed[/mention] [mention]Youssef.Abdelhady[/mention] [mention]Scorpio[/mention] an[mention]Armin[/mention] for their great support during the drive.

It was another great day with Almost4x4 family. Thanks to all organized supported and participated and looking forward to seeing you in the upcoming drives once you complete your tools check and get your first stars!

See You!
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Mahmoodyasin
Advance
Advance

Amazing clicks petr. The album describes the story of a well organized group. Kudos to the man behind the lens for multitasking. 👌🏼
Phoenix
Crew
Crew

As always it was an amazing day with family in the desert.

Last minute changes in the convoy order just shows how much more there is than what meets the eye. The small change of my position from second lead to sweap + float and [mention]Petr[/mention]'s position of rescue + float made all the difference in our convoy.

Just from the first dune that we can see from the starting point we knew this would be an interesting club member drive. [mention]JockJKU[/mention] kept the track exciting for every one of us and also safe for all the drivers. There were a few second or even multiple tries but then that is all part of the fun.

I always mention this in my reports and i will mention it again :

Don't worry if you get stuck or do multiple tries, it only means that you are playing it safe. Getting stuck and doing something in multiple tries is part of the fun.

Now as for the "situation" that i got myself into.

Since I and Petr were running up and down the convoy, there came a point where Jock lead the convoy down a drop and while sweeping i saw 3 cars not part of our convoy heading towards us from the right so I climbed on top of the drop on the right hand side to have a better view of the traffic and clear the convoy down the drop safely.

Ones the convoy was clear I started to move and right there in front of me was a sharp ditch with a bush at the bottom. That’s where I got into the situation and heard the first "TIC" but it was taken care of swiftly by Jock and Petr.

We then drove all the way upto to Fossil Rock, and through out the whole drive I and [mention]Petr[/mention] had the BIGGEST smile on our faces. Every time we looked at each other we knew what was going on in our minds !! we are floating and taking care of the convoy !! just over a year ago I was driving in the convoy as a club member.
  • To all our new members : Don’t worry about getting stuck or doing multiple tries, this proves that you are learning in a safe controlled manner.
  • To all the Marshals : Thank you for helping us through this journey, Its still a long way to go and a lot to learn.
  • To all the Inter and Adv : WE ROCK !!!
Just like how my friend [mention]Barish[/mention] says what’s the point of changing if you are not improving.
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

A very happy day and the pictures show by [mention]Petr[/mention] , the weather was generous too. The day started with [mention]Booy[/mention] giving us the master class followed by the drive.

I preferred to take the quite corner and sit by [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] to watch from distance, it was obvious that some of you come and have the plan to complete what they started as FULL OFFROADERS cool and the others were not sure about off-roading as " hobby or not " and we totally understand that and respect your wish.

The drive was smooth with second trys and nothing major but I believe that major thing is YOU !! I'm sure that some of you are coming back to continue the adventure cool and we are going to be there to help you in this journey thumbsup

Till next time, stay safe and see you in the sand

P. S : Congratulations in advance for the members who got the first STAR thumbsup

Cheers
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everyone,

I always have the same feeling when completing a club member drive - it is so nice to see the smiling faces of people who have tried this for the first time, and enjoyed it so much.

After the introductory briefing, we re-arranged our convoy order slightly and started off with our journey into the sand. Apart from the expected stucks and second tries, we moved along smoothly and it was a nice drive with our new members.

Once again, a warm welcome to our new members and we hope to see you in the sand again soon. This is a great place to meet new friends, learn about offloading in the sand, and have a sense of community along with people who share the same passion fro driving and the desert.

To everyone who wants to go to newbie level, and did not have all the tools on Friday - please remember to send pictures of the missing items to the marshal who inspected your tools, so that you can join the next drive as Newbie. (We do not accept pictures downloaded from the internet grin )

See you in the sand soon.

Regards,

Booy
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
Barish
Marshal
Marshal

It was another successful CM drive with almost 4 convoys of around 40 drivers..

The briefing was a good introduction by [mention]Booy[/mention] for the new joiners and refreshment for all others. The track was the famous "Towards the Rock" track. Nice challenges were there on the way and the convoy did very well against those.

Hats off to [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] for the "Recovery over the Bush" practice; car is safe, bush is alive..! Need an evidence? The video is with [mention]Johanna[/mention].

Thanks to all marshalls, drivers and support teams for making it another successful CM event.

If you decide one day to chg, start with improving. Change will follow..!

Barish
Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good morning all,

and a warm welcome to all our new members have a nice day

For me a CM drive is always special, you see the all the excited faces, meet some people you were texting with before and chit chatting with old an new friends.
In this special atmosphere just before the drive I always remember my CM drive... in love

I went with [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] as floating car, it was actually the first time I was floating and I liked it grin

Our convoy did very well, we had the usual stucks and second tries and one situation involving a tree. The situation needed some unorthodox methods to free the car safely... wtfsmilie

We had some nice drops, and I was impressed how self confident and safe everyone did it, well done guys.

Driving up to Fossil Rock always is a nice opportunity for our new members to challenge their cars, so floor it like you stole it, the view from the top is worth it! thumbsup

I had a good time with you guys and in case its not yet done, get your tools, so you will get your first star in love

See you all at the sand.

And don´forget our meat and greet camp on Thursday grin
BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.