Chase The Lava 4.0 - Al Ain

Mohanad
Crew
Crew

woke up at 5 am to find that it's raining outside yaeh am not durnk i made my coffee and drove to Al Ain airport area .. when i reached al ain it was sunny and windy ! then by 7:45 am when we were all there at the meeting point it became very windy and the clouds arrived arr. it started raining and i saw a smile on every body's faces.

[mention]Rashidjass[/mention] explained to us what to expect and how the crest will feel like then the fun started ..

i thought that due to the special weather conditions Rashid will take it easy, but no he didn't LOL . the drive was truly amazing, Sand, Mud, rain .. a combination of everything ! i was sweeping at the back and the Advance drivers where behind me .. it was very hard at the back of the convoy because the track was chewed up and it was a mix of wet sand and soft sand. although it was hard but it was such a new and great experience.

ooh i forgot something ... the weather was just fantastic [mention]giorgio[/mention] grin

thank you [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] & [mention]Booy[/mention] for this drive ..
If you Hesitate, Accelerate !
Mabubaker
Marshal
Marshal

With full silence, I was preparing myself for the early morning drive,, wife woke up and asked,, where are you going?? I said honestly I am going to chase the lava! Are you crazy?! In your dreams habibi.. madam said.

Arrived to the meeting point, a quick intro about the drive and [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] started rolling the LAVA. I struggled in keeping the momentum in climbs until I realized air filter is full of sand Thanks [mention]Agalon[/mention], [mention]Booy[/mention] and [mention]SINGH[/mention] for the help,,,, snorkel is on the way.

One more issue I found is the the different behaviour of Geolanders Vs. KO2s. The behaviour is so different, in climbs I was losing momentum, and this is caused by the more extra grip from the aggressive threads of KO2s.

I managed to overcome this issue by the 2nd part of the drive by adjusting the climb angle and trying to keep the rpm above 3000 in climbs.

About that bowel [mention]Johanna[/mention] and [mention]Isfand[/mention] is talking about, I struggled in the first round and decided to engage 4L, I was doing this while I am parked at the bottom of the bowl and while [mention]Johanna[/mention] is making circles around me you can imagine the feeling. O_O

I was wondering why car is not moving, until [mention]SINGH[/mention] shoed me that 4H is not properly engaged XD.

Finally, I managed to do this super climb twist side crest and started watching the rest of the convoy with [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] , [mention]Booy[/mention] and [mention]Yazan Ali[/mention]. This part was really fun. thumbsup

Then LAVA started the side crest combos where all the convoy were doing just great, until we reached one crest,, while I am so relaxed and confident Psmiley, I decided to answer my wife call while just before a tricky side crest followed by a ditch [mention]Johanna[/mention] was slowing down there so I had to stop sooo I got stuck. :roll:. My wife was still on the phone, she asked what happening? I told her that I got caught by the LAVA habibti.. Yaateeki el afieh.. I got recovered by [mention]Booy[/mention] and [mention]SINGH[/mention] ,, then every thing went ok....

I remember when I met [mention]giorgio[/mention] after his first inter drive, and he said that what you learn in one inter drive is 5 times what you learn in a 10+ drive,, which I can also confirm, I learned a lot and looking forward to the next drive...

By the way,, my chase the lava didn't end here for me.. it continued, wait for my Little bit Technical trip report.

Thank you [mention]Rashidjass[/mention]
for organizing such a great trip... [mention]Booy[/mention], [mention]Agalon[/mention], [mention]Scorpio[/mention] and [mention]SINGH[/mention] for your support..
Saeed FJ
Advance
Advance

Good evening everyone
I know it's a late report, but better than no report and video

thanks for the Marshal [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] for great lead and organizing the drive Marshal [mention]Booy[/mention] for great support, and all advance for the support and for intr. driver for such amazing drive.

I will leave you with the video, enjoy it

see you on sand
Abu Madi
yellow FJ (Bumblebee)
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills