Let’s Get Ready To Rumble!

JockJKU
Club Member
Club Member

Haani wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:42 pm
@JockJKU was sure to keep us on our toes throughout the drive with high archs, tall climbs and a couple of side crests. I had a new-found appreciation for our marshals and I remember telling @aboods, It takes some guts to lead a drive in these terrains at 10+ levels. I felt as though the first half of the drive was more challenging (and thus exciting) than the second. But if I am not mistaken, he did reduce the level of difficulty towards the middle. Would love to hear your side of the story @JockJKU
Yes [mention]Haani[/mention] you are correct. We continuously monitor the performance and energy levels of the convoy as a whole and adapt the track accordingly.
Last edited by JockJKU on Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JockJKU
Club Member
Club Member

Rooies wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:46 pm Let's get Ready to Rumble & there was rumbling, thunder & lighting. Driving to the meeting point was special for me, because it's not always that you see thunder, lightning & rain, may sound funny, but for it was special.
You guys still think these names are just for fun? Fender Bender - i gave you 2 bent/broken fenders and now with Lets get ready to rumble - there was rumbles of Thunder!!
Sostick
Intermediate
Intermediate

I thought it would have been Challenging arriving on time because of the fog which was present the day before but instead I woke up with beautiful rain!

The drive was exciting because of the unusual sand conditions. [mention]JockJKU[/mention] well explained the differences and what to expect from wet sand and how to stay away from risks. It was very useful. The drive went smooth with lots of beautiful high arches and one amazing climb in a big bowl. I was expecting more side cresting but I think marshals kept us all safe by avoiding those. Looking forward to the next drive as usual and see you on the sand!

Sostick
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Rooies wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:46 pm Let's get Ready to Rumble & there was rumbling, thunder & lighting. Driving to the meeting point was special for me, because it's not always that you see thunder, lightning & rain, may sound funny, but for it was special.

What better way to spend your birthday than with your "family" in the sand. I left early not wanted to get caught in the fog, but no fog, so I was super early grin . I decided to take a nap at the fuelstation & was woken up with @alshamsi , calling saying "Wake up sunshine". We met @JockJKU & @giorgio for a coffee & headed to the meeting point. We went through the usual drills, had the briefing we were told to take care on the hard sand. @JockJKU led the convoy with @optimus as second lead, just after a few minutes we had our first wake up call, @optimus got stuck in a bad way, but with the help of our marshals & inters it did not take long before we were on our way again. The track was nice & flowing & driving on hard sand is different from soft sand. There was a few second tries & once we made the following distance bigger the issue was resolved. Speed & momentum is what is needed to make it up the big dunes.

The desert looked clean after the rain & I enjoyed the drive. @Lenny had a pop out, but that was also fairly quickly sorted out with the help of @JockJKU & we on our way again. We stopped at a big dune & waited for each car to head over to were the convoy waited. It was not as easy as it seemed & there were a couple of 2,3 tries before they made it. @alshamsi took us over another dune & we met up with the convoy. @alshamsi & @giorgio was doing time traveling, they were left of me & then appeared on my right, then gone & were ahead of me grin .

We stopped for while before heading to the main road, @giorgio waved me on to get going, which I did, the next moment @alshamsi asked me why I was changing the convoy O_O , told him why & he said not to listen to @giorgio grin .

Thank you @JockJKU , @alshamsi , @Solmaz , @Barish & @giorgio for looking after us & getting as safely to the end of the drive.

Till we meet in the sand again, stay safe.

Greetings
Rooies
The good news is that we both still have our stars. Little bend but they are still standing
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear Members

Driving in the daytime while it is raining is something we don't have everyday, even with more than 600 drives I'm telling you that this type of drive is unique .

Thanks to [mention]JockJKU[/mention] for choosing this beautiful area and leading us. We had a blast which I confirm on the attached picture

Gandalf The White

Looking forward to drive with intermediates in this area soon

see you in the sand
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills