Fender Bender

JockJKU
Club Member
Club Member

Morning all!

I arrived early, having missed 2 weekends I was excited to be back on the sand!!

The weather was perfect, visibility was great and the contrast on the dunes made it very nice for seeing the track!!

We had great support from the inters so we split into 3 smaller convoys and by the sounds of it on the chat it went well, with the benefit of smaller convoys being felt by the drivers!!

The drive unfortunately lived up to its joke name! A jeep and an fj both had some fender issues, but apart from that our convoy really did great! No stucks, no popouts with our only stops being for 2nd tries or for breaks on our way from Badayer to Fossil!

Thank you very much to the other marshals and founders who led and supported this trip, very much appreciate it!!

Till next time!

Jock
AbdulRahman

The best drive I’ve had with the club so far

The smaller convoy played a part but it was the 10+ at play i guess ,the drive was faster , side crests , higher climbs and most importantly no pop outs and stucks being replaced with second tries ,you can tell the the group has progressed significantly from the early days as the faces were all familiar

[mention]Booy[/mention] took us through a great route , i drive in Badayer almost every weekend but never came across this route , changing into [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] car the climbs became higher and [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] took over the radio with multiple :floor it: calls ; everything we learned from keeping the right distance to looking ahead and building enough momentum meant we had a great rhythm going

Thanks for a great drive [mention]Booy[/mention] [mention]Gabor[/mention] [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] [mention]Johanna[/mention] and all the support crew
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters,

I was a bit sleepy on the way but after I arrive, seeing all the dunes and sand hills laying in front of us from Badayer to Fossil Rock (It was visible) felt like an adrenaline shot!

As mentioned before there were 3 convoys and we had our share of fun all the way to the Fossil Rock finishing with the drop!

Everything went smoothly in general and everyone did great except some few "challenging" moments brigade.baka-wolf.com

Thanks to [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] , [mention]SINGH[/mention] , [mention]Mohanad[/mention] , [mention]nabil_k[/mention] for the support and [mention]Loca[/mention] for second lead!

And all organized supported and participated so we had this beautiful morning!

See you!
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Haani

My First 10+ Drive and judging by the reactions of other drivers, seems like I was in for a treat!

I thoroughly enjoyed the drive with its high pace, tall climbs and sidecrests. Most of the drive was smooth sailing for me with a massive grin on my face due to the fun and exciting driving style that would now become the new norm.

I had about 3 or 4 second tries at the last hour of the drive. I usually only deflate at the start of the drive and leave it that way due to my high pop out risk.

But yesterday, I was unable to climb up fossil rock and upon checking my tire pressures, found out they were at 14psi.

To be quite honest, I kinda started questioning alot of things about the car when I couldn't climb even with the pedal to the metal. "Was my choice of going up a tire size wrong?" "Can I even keep the momentum required with stock suspension". Little did I think about Tire Pressures. πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

So safe to say, I felt a little silly for not monitoring one of the fundamentals and trying to climb tall dunes with 14psi.

Aside from that, I had a blast. Thank you [mention]Booy[/mention] for a fabulous lead, [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] for motivating comments throughout the drive and all the wonderful intemediates for their support.

I look forward to seeing you all the next drive.

Cheers,
Haani
kareem.alameldin
Advance
Advance

It was a surprise driving on the other side of Al Badayer shops, the last time I drove there was 5+ and i thought this is the "easy" side, I knew nothing as always, I got to be second lead at Jock's convoy and so far it's my favourite position to be in a convoy, it's not only a drive, it's a lesson on how to choose appropriate track for the level we are driving, a lesson to keep proper distance to have enough time to change the track whenever it's needed AND not lose the track from how much tracks is in that area,

Jock did a great job of putting a track that had it all, soft and hard side crests, crest riding, technical areas, big climps, fast pace, and some fender bending ditches of course, it was enough to enjoy every minute of the drive,

Thanks Jock for the great lead, Barish and Issa for the support and it was great seeing almost everyone in that drive!
Thiago
Intermediate
Intermediate

What to say about this drive - INCREDIBLE.

Just want to say thank you to [mention]JockJKU[/mention] and all the people helping this amazing drive to happen.
The weather was perfect and the track picked couldn't me more perfect for a 10+ drive.
It was challenging and rewarding all the way thru. [mention]JockJKU[/mention] didn't make it easy to keep up with him but he knew the level of each driver in the convoy and the track was tailor made for every one to get the fix on.
This was the first drive that i have been with the club without rescue or pop-outs and that was pretty impressive. We just keep it moving and really trying to concentrate in the drive with all the gorgeous views.
i'm super happy that I could be part of this adventure. i will never forget.

Thank you Almost 4x4 and see you in the next one.
White JK Rubicon
Mohamadahshan

Fellow Almosters,

FB was a morning drive, pretty early in the morning, which doesn't suit me well as a night owl πŸ˜€ however, I made a promise to myself to be there, since there was alot of talks about me hiding in the back as the 2nd to last car.. Almost every drive since my 5- 😁

I went to bed early, woke up early "don't do that even on weekdays".. And I was ready to go. For the first time ever I would reach the MP early. So I stopped to pump some gas and grab a bite.. My Jeep was filled up and happy, then the surprise.. I don't have my wallet, I don't have any cash on me πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I had to ruin it with such a dumbo move πŸ˜€ luckily @Daggerfall was fueling up just next to me, so he saved me and paid for my gas πŸ˜€. Such a nice gesture from our marshals.. When we're not even on a club event.

I made it to the meeting point, a bit late for sure.. So my early wake up plan was pointless πŸ˜€.

We had plenty of support, so we split to 3 smaller convoys "Less is More" as Mr. Jock says.

I was in Daggerfall's convoy, walking up to my car.. Then I heard.. "Dahshan, go with Jock" I looked there and I saw Shamsi and Jock smiling πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ that got me worried...

I was 3rd lead πŸ˜€ right after Kareem, excited and a bit worried.. Having flashbacks of Shamsi's and Jock's smiles πŸ˜€

The drive started nicely, fast paced, the fastest drive ever with the club, high climbs, side crests, no stops.. Adrenaline rushing a like a bullet..

At some point we were on a flat area, and I lost tracks πŸ˜‚ totally... Kept looking right and left, up and down πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ all I see is nothing.. No Kareem, No Jock.. And everyone's following my tracks.. Then I had to call it in, though I knew it's gonna be sarcasm material for a while on the chat πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Jock and Kareem guided me.. Us back to the convoy and we carried on with the amazing drive.

The climbs were huge, I was watching Jock and Kareem.. Whilst I'm struggling to keep up and wonder.. Do they have bigger engines or what πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

We barely stopped, only a few second tries and tech breaks πŸ˜‚

I'm positive everyone went home with a smile and a high dose of confidence, except Issa and Optimus had a fender off each πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ fender benders.. Literally.

Thank you Jock, Great lead. Kareem, Issa and Barish for the support.

Thiago, congrats on the exhaust, sounds good πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Until next time,
If it's deep, call a friend with a Jeep grin grin
Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello all,

It was a beautiful morning, sunny but with a fresh breeze.
This drive we had three smaller convoys, I joined [mention]Booy[/mention] in the front part of the convoy. With [mention]Haani[/mention] behind me and [mention]AbdulRahman[/mention] in front of me we had a nice little patrol convoy, it was great to see some other y61, they look awesome cool

We drove from Al Badayer via pink rock/2.December to fossil rock. The track is beautiful and it was great to be back in the area after quite some time.
But as the area is popular, we saw nearly every motor driven vehicle capable of desert driving - quadbikes, motorbikes, buggies... Partially the track was like SZR-desert edition.

Nevertheless the drive was great, most of the time nice safari style with the convoy flowing smoothly without issues and a minimum of radio communication. During this drive I reached the mental state of pure peace and relaxation in love
Despite some second tries we had no incidents, but some climbs and arches were a bit bumpy, showing the drivers that good shocks are important.

Thanks everyone for the fantastic morning, I had great fun! grin

Until the next time in the sand, have a have a nice day great week everyone
BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.
kriskian
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi All,

With perfect weather, the drive kicked off with drivers being split into 3 convoys. Two minutes into the drive I hit a ditch hard and might have lost some air from my front driver side tire, as we drove on I was finding it difficult to control the steering wheel and it did not take long for my tire to pop out.

Was supported by everyone to quickly fix the pop out and was advised by the Marshal to make slight steering adjustments when coming down a slope especially against the direction of the slope. We moved on with a couple of second tries during the drive.

For me personally, the drive was not very smooth I kept having issues due to over/understeer, took a switch very fast and almost rammed into a bush it was a scary recovery I used to much speed to climb should have eased off on top of the dune.

I should have definitely done better but considering the fact how out of balance my tires and steering were, I am glad I did not break anything during the drive. I had swapped tires the day before the drive and the alignment guys did a very poor job.

I guess my performance got me pushed down the convoy from being the third car to being the 5 car in the convoy, these adjustments are needed and are done to keep the convoy fluid.

Overall it was a good day with learnings which always help me in becoming better in the sand.
kriskian,
Grey FJ
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

I had to choose among the convoys so I decided to go with [mention]Booy[/mention] for support. He gave us beautiful lines of safari style drive with some challenging climbs which I'm sure gave the drivers that rush of adrenaline.

The planed track was made of 3 areas . Booy noticed that we reached the Pink Rock so fast so he decided to take it easy thinking that the other convoys left already to area 2 or 3 then we discovered that [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] was still there , then we moved to area 2 and have a break to find that [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] passing us again and then [mention]JockJKU[/mention] 's convoy is passing making us the last to catch up.

By the time we reached The Fossil Rock we were sure that [mention]JockJKU[/mention] finished the drive and we are still at the end to find out that he was behind us and we are the first to reach the petrol station. it seemed that all the leaders didn't leave a single dune or side crest not to challenge Psmiley

The day was so beautiful and the drive was so nice so there is nothing I could ask more.

Till next time see you in the sand
AdventurousΒ League ofΒ Mountains,Β Oceans andΒ SandΒ Thrills