Al Wagan Free Styler

Youssef.Abdelhady
Advance
Advance

Hello Almosters,

I had heard a lot of stories about Al Wagan, but had never driven there before. Lucky for me I was invited to join an advance level drive, so as you can imagine my answer was YES DEFINITELY YES. in love

After the Inter drive on Fri afternoon, those of us joining the next day drove straight to the camp point (~2.5 hours away). I reached the last gas station to find [mention]Yazan Ali[/mention] and [mention]Abu Odai[/mention] already there, so we decided to head to the camp point together. The dirt road leading to camp was crazy bumpy and dusty, I feel bad for the jeepers who had to go through that. ouch...it hurts

The weather at camp was awesome, nice breeze and not at all cold. The three of us sat there in the dark enjoying the peaceful night until the rest of the campers started joining. At around 11, I decided its time to go to sleep and get plenty of rest since it was gona be a looooong intense day tomorrow. Shortly after I was woken up by really strong winds shaking my tent violently. I wanted to sleep in the car instead, but was worried I might not find my tent the next day (seriously!). oh noes So I just layed there for several hours contemplating if I should go home in the morning. Overall I got around 1.5 hours of sleep, but I was feeling fresh in the morning so i decided to stay and not miss this opportunity. grin

We all had breakfast (Thank you [mention]Abu Odai[/mention] for the yummy sandwich), and then got our briefing around 8 am. The convoy structure was [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] as lead, advanced driver as 2nd lead, inters, then rest of advanced and marshals at the end. Rashid mentioned that we would warm up on the smaller dunes then head to the bigger chains. Well it seems there are no small dunes in Al Wagan, cause straight away we were doing some crazy climbs. ORLY

This drive was an all you can eat buffet of sidecresting, huge dunes, crazy arches, roaring engines, and incredible sights, with a few OH S**T moments for dessert. yuush

At about 11, I started to feel too tired and unfocused, and was worried that I would suffer some nasty consequences. you're kidding, right So I informed the marshals I wanted to leave and was told there was an easy track nearby and we're almost there. But Al Wagan does not let you leave that easily, and it turns out the easy track was actually a basket area for several KMs. Well, nothing to do now but drink some coffee and stay focused.

We continued our fun, crazy, adrenaline filled adventure. I was advised I should take it easy since I was tired, but when Id see those gorgeous massive dunes infront of me, I couldn't resist but floor it. (Like dangling candy in-front of a baby)

At 2 we reached the dirt road, where [mention]giorgio[/mention] and I said our goodbyes, then the convoy was off for some more action.

I'm definitely coming back to this area but next time with more sleep!!!

Thank you [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] for this opportunity.

See you all soon. pacman
Good Things Come To Those Who Floor It. redbullsmiley
Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

Hello All,

I started my journey to the camping point with [mention]Rashidjass[/mention] and at the last fuel station met with [mention]JockJKU[/mention], [mention]Booy[/mention] and [mention]Johanna[/mention]. Camp was alive already with [mention]Youssef.Abdelhady[/mention], [mention]Yazan[/mention], [mention]Abu Odai[/mention], [mention]Agalon[/mention] and [mention]Solmaz[/mention] when we reached there. Of late, I have started reaching to the camps with un-deflated tires and even this time I asked Rashidjass if we need to deflate or shall we go inside as is arr. and he does not leave a chance to make it more interesting ORLY on fire

I stayed at the camp fire till 1am and then went to sleep but the night got so windy by 3am that I woke up due to tent noise and then could not slept after that. [mention]Youssef.Abdelhady[/mention], I did not know that you were also up otherwise, would have re-lit the fire for us thumbsup. The first person to reach to the camp in the morning was [mention]giorgio[/mention]; he reached probably by 0530am, and I lost the hope to sleep at all then :lol: :lol: - love you bro thumbsup.

After the breakfast, we had the briefing by Rashidjass and Agalon was placed in the 2nd lead position. All the Inters were to take their positions behind the 2nd lead and rest of the Advance were to stay at the back of the convoy. Solmaz, JockJKU and Booy were to float around the convoy for supervision and guidance.

The drive started and I think after 15-20 min Agalon Jeep started having its ‘thing’ and unfortunately, he had to park it and became Solmaz passenger. And, I became the 2nd lead and drive continued – I am sure Agalon would have missed his Jeep every second as the drive was a roller coaster on huge dunes and we had back-to-back side crests on sharp dunes. At the 2nd lead position, I loved the pace and the level. The drive was a dynamic package and gave the opportunity to find out the limits of your car and yourself yuush. Dunes in this area are enormous having amazing walls that allow you to max out your rpm omg and try different gear combinations to just complete the wall. Most of the things that were there in my mind about those dunes on last Friday when we came to this area in Star Fish Dunes drive, became a realty this friday. I still want to visit this area again as still there are some crests left to be flattened that dood is up to something

While going towards the Stadium Bowl we dropped Youssef at the exit and since Giorgio had also started having some issue with his Jeep so, he also left from there and we moved to our cherry-on-top, the Stadium Bowl. As expected, almost everyone made as many circles as they want on it and shot videos and created memories.

Being at the 2nd lead position, I found those sharp crests crisp and at the end of the drive I checked underneath the car if it is RED and asked my skid plate if it is alright :lol:.

The drive ended as planned at 0300pm and we said goodbye to each other only to meet next Friday at the BF Goodrich Treasure Hunt event.

See you all on Friday..

Cheers 8-)