New Year, New Stars - Club Member

mekaeel

Hello reader.
18th jan was my first trip with your great group as a newbie. Although I wasn’t a newbie and have done drives earlier I must say I was very much impressed with your group management and convoy. From start till end. I left happily. I was in Abu jimmy convoy. The whole trip was very much well planned and organised by marshals. Hats off to them. They were beside the convoy each and every step to guide, instruct us and to make sure there are no hazards on our way ahead. I have never seen such a professional group. I am surely looking forward for next trip with you all. Thank you once again.
aminemac

First trip for me and my wife with almost4X4!
I never thought I can do 10 % of that drive with a Pajero 😂
Thank you all for a nice atmosphere and valuable tips and support.

I’ ll be definitely joining you soon for more trips 👍🏽👍🏽

Adventure Begins at the End of the Road. thumbsup
Amine - Black LWB Pajero
irfan.sr

Hi,

Great introductory briefing by Shamsi and Jock and very well coordinated drive with our convoy lead by Solmaz. Thanks to all the marshals for such a warm welcome to the Almost family. Will surely try and make it for upcoming events.
Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi all,

its amazing to see all the new offroad enthusiast on a club member drive, we had a great number of drivers this morning.
I was very happy to see [mention]SomayaJk[/mention] and [mention]jojocat[/mention] joining the drive, welcome ladies thumbsup
We had a great convoy lead by [mention]Solmaz[/mention] and everybody did very well, even at some tricky spots and high drops. We drove all the way up to fossil rock were we met the other two convoys.

While reading the trip reports I noticed that some are already upgraded to Newbie level, welcome guys to your second family. Enjoy your offroad journey, next drive is already this coming Friday! Dont miss it, we will have fun, you can register for it this evening, check the trip system.

See you all in the sand have a nice day
BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.
Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

Some pics and videos of the drive...enjoy thumbsup

The trip report is coming soon..

Cheers
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters,

It was a great gathering with our new club members. I would like to say "Welcome to your second family!"

Thanks to all organized, supported and participated.

And I would like to remind our new members that we have a dedicated drive next Friday for the members who completed their tools check and get their first star!

To check the tools required click here https://almost4x4.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3901

Hope you had fun and looking forward seeing you in the next adventure!

Regards
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Obadah

This is my first drive with almost 4X4… would like to thank all the marshals and admin team for a very well organized event.
Special thanks to Jock, for the informative briefing and many thanks to Solmaz, who inspected my tools at the end. 👍

Looking forward to my next trip with you.

Karimbadr

Hello All,

It was my first trip with Almost4x4, and not the last one :)

Thanks for marchals and sweepers, great effort and tips during the trip and very impressive how you are well organized and working together in harmony.

I learned some stuff that I will never forget and would like to share:
- Breifing before the trip, is very important to keep everyone informed and confident. Thanks to [mention]JockJKU[/mention] and [mention]alshamsi[/mention] for the detailed and easy to understand breifing
- don’t try to fight gravity
- Don’t stop where you cannot start again
- Flag is the most essential equipment, and not there for decoration
- Safty is Number one priority and crazy drivers are not true off-roaders
- Convoy driving is all about teaming not race
- Walking up early is not a big challenge in weekends :)
- Driving on sand is amazing when you feel your car, not just pressing more Gaz.
- Keep an eye on the car behind you same as the car in front, again it’s team sport
- 4W Cars are designed to be tested off-road, so be confidant but don’t trust dunes with all the experience you have
- Leading marchal is always under pressure to make everyone safe, thanks to [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] for his leadership.

Looking forward for the next trip and next gathering with the lovely off-roaders :)

Best Regards,
Karim Badr
Best regards,
Katim Badr
Mobile: +971 56 329 9365
Phoenix
Crew
Crew

What can i say, I am always looking forward to club member drives where we get the chance to meet and welcome new members in our family. The weather was surprisingly cold and it only made the whole drive so much more fun. Our convoy which was lead by Jock ran pretty smooth with a couple of stucks and a few second tries. Which is always a norm and should not be taken as something bad. To all the drivers who get stuck or do second tries, please do not think you are doing something wrong or that you are holding up the convoy. This is all part of the fun.

Just remember to maintain safe distance, keep radio contact and follow the marshall's instructions.

There was a point where 2 of the cars in our convoy got lost but they did what was the right thing. They stopped and radioed in that they were lost and the floating drivers went out to get them in less than a minute. Its always better to be a safe driver than an overconfident and dangerous driver.

In the end we drove up the fossil rock where Jock gave the instructions to switch to 1st and FLOOR IT !!!... no matter how many times you go up the fossil rock the view is always amazing.

To all the club members, get your tools and get your first star !!
Drive safe and see you all in the sand !!
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

First of all congratulations for the members who got their first STAR and going to compete today to get the seats for the next drive :

- [mention]HEINICHEN[/mention]
- [mention]knifelight[/mention]
- [mention]apoorv.mehrotra[/mention]
- [mention]Tekton[/mention]
- [mention]alex9683[/mention]
- [mention]Stefano1970[/mention]
- [mention]irfan.sr[/mention]

I'm sure that others got upgraded but I don't know their names because they didn't write the trip report yet !!

We had a wonderful weather which made the drive easy till the end . For the new members who couldn't figure out who's birthday was ,,, it was [mention]Solmaz[/mention] & [mention]Abu Jimmy[/mention] grin .

I was in Solmaz convoy , where she gave our group a fair number of big drops cool and the cherry on pie was climbing the Fossil Rock !!

We had another Mega Event with around 69 cars and you could see happiness in the air from the start to the end.

Looking forward to see you next week and we can sit and chit chat after the drive !!

Cheers
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills