All Lead IX

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

In Almost4x4 we don't have something called " My stlye of driving " We have " Our style of driving " I understand that each one of you is unique that is why you response differently and you have different cars with different capabilities but when we drive, we drive like one.

Totally agree with [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] of being proud of the intermediates and their skills. When we meet in the marshals' meeting founders encourage the marshals to have students because once you have members growing with their skills in front of you , you will get the maximum satisfaction of yourself.

Many people wonder why people with high skills will leave the FUN they can get and drive low levels, it is the amount of happiness we see in your eyes that make us patient .

Before I close my report I would like to remind you that even in the peak of our adrenalin rush we don't forget the eithics " We respect other off-roaders ".

Looking forward to have more fun this season.

Cheers
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Mo Sh
Intermediate
Intermediate

All Lead, I was waiting for this drive ever since i became intermediate!!

All i can is "It's TOTALLY WORTH ALL OF THIS WAITING!!!

Myself, [mention]hamzahng[/mention] [mention]Issa[/mention] [mention]Mohanad[/mention] meet up on the way to the meeting point, I had to deflate just before the point as always the sand is too soft for Airbus XD !

We greeted all, all welcomed and had their nervous face, i had to do a quick service of Air Filter ... bulks of sand came out the filter " Always clean your air filter" i cut my thumb in the process " was very inconvenient while driving".

We were given our point and memorize them well to know what to do, First was [mention]presa[/mention] he didn't waste 1 second of time, Full power from the beginning which set a high level of exceptions for other drivers to meet, I was counting the cars waiting for my turn and each time a change happened, My Airbus would have a little Temperate tantrum as it takes few mins to adopt to the driving style of each driver, so i had to slow down on the engine at some points where it got me to do 2nd Tries, Radio communication was on point during the drive, which led to a very smooth flow of non stop driving, the whole Loop thing which can be only explained as [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] said Nokia Snake game, don't hit your tail. That could be seen instantly.

The stress was gone when i was called to lead! all the nervousness was gone when i head [mention]Daggerfall[/mention] says " [mention]Mo Sh[/mention] your lead now!

the feeling was overwhelming!!
" First you need to choose your track based on the weakest link in your chain for their safety"

So i had to keep track of each driver and car to decide, so i decided to take routes that doesn't fit the Airbus or take advantage of the V8, Let's say i like tight spots " [mention]Solmaz[/mention] thanks for noticing that" so just within few mins i was in focus.

Being the lead car which was something completely new to me as i'm always in the back of the convoy ... this was the first time i get to be first, the closest i was 4th Car in my all driving history with the club, you could feel the hardness of fresh crests, You Shape them as you want ... i believe it was easy for the rest as i'm sure the Airbus left all crests behind flat grin "Sorry"

i reached near my point and i was trying to pin point it exactly which i thought was on the top of a crest so i circled around trying to find a better approach for the crest, by the time i made a full circle the GPS spoke " you have arrived" it was at the not the top melt ! so now to the other point no.10 again i was totally in the mood and enjoying every second of it " i had AC/DC Blasting killzonesmiley " on the radio i was informed to hold the convoy, when daggerfall came next to me with big smile i asked how much time left for me ... " [mention]JockJKU[/mention] passed the sad news that my time is up" i was saddened but very happy at the same time.

The rest took turns [mention]hamzahng[/mention] took the lead after me & yes it was a completely different view from being the lead to my usual spot ... Sweep innocent

i kept at the back as i was worn out, also the truck was tired "Driving since 8 A.M" so we were done and this made the last hr very hard for both of us. Suddenly a GRINDING SOUND omg i stopped immediately to check [mention]Agalon[/mention] & [mention]hamzahng[/mention] quickly stopped also, We had to shave the inner fender wall of the left tire ... as we were all exhausted i looked at hamzah and said... RIP IT OFF LOL!!

At the end [mention]giorgio[/mention] lead us i don't know if he meant it or by mistake to dune where in Fast Drive 4.0 it was a struggle and decided to leave it last week, so i guess he wanted revenge, everyone gathered at the top where we sit and took a long needed break! this was one of the fewest drive i attended where was no breaks at all .

Just as we where on the way to exit, we stopped as there was an issue on the back, i was on the phone when suddenly i'm hearing my name being called & i was needed, i thought i had to TOW a car back to the road, " i don't mind at all" but this time i was hoping not as i was extremely tired and exhausted, it was only the exhaust of hamzah which happily found a place in the back of my Airbus garage LOL!.

I'm proud with skills i have been taught through my years with Almost4x4. it pays well!

Thanks to each and everyone, All taught me something which was proven on this drive.

Until Next Time,

Mo Sh & Airbus on standby grin
Youssef.Abdelhady
Advance
Advance

Dear Almosters,

All Lead was an absolutely amazing experience.
All the inters had very interesting styles and maintained an enjoyable pace to the convoy.

My turn was around 8th in the convoy. I was feeling comfortable and relaxed during the whole drive until I was told its my turn to lead, where I became very nervous you're kidding, right .

To be honest, it was a little overwhelming to handle the multitasking, 1) Deciding on a fun intermediate level track, 2) Being aware of your location & time, 3) Listening to instructions from 2nd lead or other marshals etc. ouch...it hurts . I am genuinely impressed by our marshals because they make it look so easy thumbsup

This drive really makes you notice how much you've learnt from Almost4x4, I could have never imagined one day leading a convoy when I first started with the club.

Special thanks to all the organizers and rescue who joined, this trip really was a wonderful experience.

PS: Sweihan is definitely one of my favorite areas in love .
Good Things Come To Those Who Floor It. redbullsmiley
Saeed FJ
Advance
Advance

Hello Everyone

another amazing day in sweihan

I manage to escape from work for the drive, I reached almost 10 min before the drive start and I manage to deflate and prepare the care within 5 min

as mention before the sequence for the drivers, I was the last one in the convoy, unfortunately I couldn't have my chance to have the experience of the leader bus as promised we will have our chance me and [mention]giorgio[/mention] in the next intr. drive and there will be more from all lead.

all the driver did very well, and we experience a lot of driving stile in the same drive with 3 h driving nonstop.

enjoy the video

see you on sand
Abu Madi
yellow FJ (Bumblebee)
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Saeed FJ wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:10 am Hello Everyone

another amazing day in sweihan

I manage to escape from work for the drive, I reached almost 10 min before the drive start and I manage to deflate and prepare the care within 5 min

as mention before the sequence for the drivers, I was the last one in the convoy, unfortunately I couldn't have my chance to have the experience of the leader bus as promised we will have our chance me and @giorgio in the next intr. drive and there will be more from all lead.

all the driver did very well, and we experience a lot of driving stile in the same drive with 3 h driving nonstop.

enjoy the video

see you on sand
Great video Saeed!

Thanks for the editing and sharing it!
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Thanks for the video [mention]Saeed FJ[/mention] thumbsup
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Abu Odai
Advance
Advance

Hi all

It’s never let to right a trip report

My fellow’s reports was well explained, for me it was a fantastic drive, entertaining day with a great people.
This is the second All lead I attended and i can assure you guys that this one was more challenging than the previous one , big thank to the organizers for the efforts they are giving to the club and it members to improve their skills and confidence , and here’s the result a excellent patch of intermediate drivers in my opinion , I really enjoy the leading and I enjoyed more behind my fellow friends and i guess our marshals and founders feel the same .

Thanks to everyone who made this great day .

Till next time..
Abu Odai