Late Birds

Petr
Intermediate
Intermediate

I was glad I had a chance to join, arriving just in the morning from Joburg. Got a quick nap at home and rushed to the meeting. In the hectic week I just made a mistake and I put the meeting time into my calendar 30 min later, so I arrived only a few minutes before the planned departure. Thanks to the big crowd that caused some delays and thanks to [mention]desertwrangler[/mention] who helped me to deflate, I made it just in time for a brief with [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention]. I was in the convoy led by [mention]Booy[/mention] and the ride was supersmooth - I guess we had only one second try, and it was me, as I realized at that moment I am driving on 2H ORLY.

The chit chat and BBQ was at least as enjoyable as the drive itself. It is good to know that [mention]Mo Sh[/mention] has as good grilling skills as [mention]giorgio[/mention], who took the role of a helper this time. Thanks to [mention]Phoenix[/mention] for arranging all the meat. It was a great evening!
mquadros

Late report so will need to be short as most was already. said In summary it was a great drive. I was in Jocks's convoy and we drove through some great places and the convoy moved without any major challenges. In the end the barbecue and gathering was amazing and I left the place almost at 11PM.

Want to thank Jock, other marshals/advanced/intermediaries who supported the drive and specially the barbecue team.

Cheers,

Mquadros
Barish
Marshal
Marshal

Another hot day but good timing for a drive..again back to Badayer. Nice to see a big crowd with Almost stickers and flags especially when some other clubs are around..so that you can compare the interest.

It was a smooth track almost with no problems except a couple of second tries and a recovery. It was interesting to see a viking torn.

Key takeaways; (1) when you hear stop on the radio, you should stop where you are (2) over confidence might sometimes jeopardize your fun..keep concentration always on..

Dont forget; if you improve while chging is good, if not dont chg.

Barish
Willie Viljoen

Hi all,

Thank you all for a very enjoyable afternoon that was again well planned and executed by Management. I was with the convey of Jock assisted by a number of sweepers and Shamsi. Thank you all for a safe drive that was enjoyed by all if I looked at the reports. I had a totally different drive being the second vehicle in the convoy as oppose to the last three vehicles in the convoy in my previous 6 trips.

Communication in the convoy was again emphasized as a huge factor in a safe and enjoyable drive. Thank you Shamsi for the flow of tips during the drive making the drive a richer experience.

To all our fellow Almosters going to Salalah I wish you an enjoyable trip with a safe return. For those staying behind, enjoy the rest and I am looking forward to see you all at our next drive

Cheers and have fun in the sand
Willie Viljoen
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

Forget about what mentioned above and let us talk business arr.

The main highlight of the drive was 13 KG of lamb chops, this is something you can't have every drive yaeh am not durnk .

Although it is August already both the drive and sitting were pleasant. We had a very nice chit chat around the BBQ and was nice to see @Abu Jimmy after long time.

After the drive, the divers continued the drive to Khasab for the water activity which was amazing too.

Thanks everyone for making another successful event with Almost4x4 family. Till next time we meet take care and see you after Salalah.

Cheers
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Thiago
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thank you for this amazing drive. It was an incredible beautiful day.
I was on the convoy #2 with with the amazing leadership from Jock.
After install the kill switch on my Jeep it was a different ball game, My jeep was much more responsive and all the extra traction was a new thing for me. I had to back off the gas paddle more and adjust my gear shifting style. I still trying to figure it out.
I also had my automatic jeep stow after a dune descent, I was able to start the jeep right away but this has never happen before.
I particularly enjoy the times together after the drives, It make us more like family than a club. grin
It was an other learning day for myself and I'm very glad that I had the chance to be part of this trip.
Looking forward to the next trip and learn more.
Thank you
White JK Rubicon
a_parkar

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply. It was an amazing drive overall. I wan in the convoy led by [mention]Booy[/mention]. The drive was smooth overall. The only issue we had was towards the end of the drive where my fortuner was stuck at a very bad angle. U know it is bad when u see [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] rushing towards u from another convoy, jumping out of his car and running towards your car. The drive was followed by a bbq where all we had was just 13kg of lamb chops. I left the bbq at 8:30 pm along with [mention]JockJKU[/mention] and as soon as we reached the road one of the tires on my fortuner tore completely. [mention]JockJKU[/mention] who was way ahead of me came back to me to make sure everything was alright. We were later joined by [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] who helped me quickly change the tire. This showed me how great my second family is. They leave no one behind especially when someone is having a bad day.
AMounir
Intermediate
Intermediate

Boy am I a truly late bird grin

I guess there nothing much I can add after all is said and done. However, I remember at one point hearing [mention]JockJKU[/mention] on the radio "DON'T FIGHT GRAVITY" then a slop of like 100 meters appeared out of now where. One by one we started descent, I watched the car in front of me to understand how to tackle this one, I saw him sliding slowly but made it safely. I just didn't want to risk it and took a little shorter track, however I guess the power or momentum was not enough and I felt my car sliding down as well. In order not to fight mother nature I decided to head down straight .... by the time I was reaching the bottom of the slop I noticed a small ditch or something (I don't remember now that it has been 2 weeks already s brigade.baka-wolf.com ) But I do remember to change direction slightly to the right .... where I found myself facing 2 trees at the bottom ... I started thinking what to do? where to go? ..... then at an instant decision ... I decided to drive through the 2 trees ... luckily panthera passed unscratched but that was a moment to remember and I'm sure one of many yet to come.

Thanks for all organisers, Marshals and convoy leaders for such a safe, fun and thrill packed drive.

Till next time ... cheers
@AMounir

Panthera pardus
thursday

Hello everyone

I know I am a bit late to post a trip report.
But as they say, better late than never.

And since a photo is worth a thousand words, I will be sharing few thousands words to show that beautiful drive day.

Evnjoy!

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ak91qy8CPVpqgYp8P8qcr-SkS2xfMg

You can access the folder with all the previous drives photos in the below link:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ak91qy8CPVpq2lb8mb-QEeFFu3Ym
Silver JKU

Photos Library: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ak91qy8CPVpq2lb8mb-QEeFFu3Ym