Unkown Sand

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear Members

This weekend made me feel that winter is back although we had no rain yet. It was crazy in Al Baddayer area where you can’t find a clear dune, the safari cars, off-roaders, bikers & quad bikes draw lines like crazy.

First of all, let me say congratulation to the club members who joined us and got their first STAR. Secondly, it was pleasure to meet new people and to see some of our members returning back after the summer ( winter people ).

We started the first session with the theory part then we had the actual drive where I could say that it was very good drive for the first timers. Guys & Girls you have to be proud of yourselves because that was not a very basic terrain for a newbie, it was designed for people who had their first drive in an easier track but still you all made it safely.

I would like to thank all of you for making this event another success for almost4x4 family and special thanks for our Marshals (Al Khatib, Lamboo & Caprihorse) & our Intermediate drivers ( Armainjune, Rashid Jass & Strwab) who were there and gave the advices & comfort to our club members

Have a great time and see you all soon in the sand.
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Paul
Advance
Advance

Hi guys

I would like to start by saying thanks to Al Shamsi and the Almost4x4 team, again...... I seem to do this every week.

Every week I enjoy myself and come home with a big grin on my face. This time was even more rewarding, as I brought my 3 1/2 year old son with me. The memory of his giggles and squeals of laughter will remain with me for ever.

I joined the 2nd convoy. It started with a short drive to a suitable spot, away from Al Baddayer, for an instructional lecture on recovery using a Viking rope. Followed by a few demonstrations.

The drive that followed was fantastic. My son and I enjoyed it. It was a nice flowing track, over some fairly tricky dunes. I thought it was quite a high level. There were very few 'stucks' or 'pop outs' and we covered a good distance.

Thanks to everyone involved.

Regards
Paul
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Being my first official lead , this trip was really unforgettable . we all met at al badayer shops around 7:30 started with quick brief and moved directly to the sand where we had our session about " how to rescue an inclined vehicle " . giving some explanation in theory and then a live demonstration . after 30 mins. the session was over and the drive started , all the drivers did an excellent job , we were flying ( more than 25 kms in less than 2 hours ) . with no pop outs and only one single stuck ( which was a very useful example after the session ) we reached our end point around 11:30

I would like to thank all the newbie drivers for participating in this trip , our intermediate drivers ( sarookh, pwood , fida and melfi ) for their support and ( Al Falasi ) for a well done job being the second lead car.

Special thanks to our founder Abu Tareq " Zico " and our Marshal " Hamdan " for their help and support in this trip. ( could not do it with out you guys ).

At last , a very big " THANK YOU " to all Founder , Marshals , Explorers and all members of my " BIG HAPPY FAMILY " .
What goes around , comes around .
artx

Big thanks to almost family, great weekend.. Thanks Bu Salem, Sylvester, all Marshals and members...
It was a nice drive. Awesome company, it's really pleasure to meet you all.

See you fellas next time :)
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[TABLE="width: 900, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD]Statistics for Club Members Trip

Summary

Distance: 18.0 km
Area: 11.2 sq km

Time
Elapsed Time: 2:06:23
Moving Time: 0:51:33
Stopped Time: 1:14:50

Speed
Avg: 9 km/h
Avg Moving: 21 km/h
Max: 47 km/h

Elevation
Min: 157 m
Max: 211 m
Ascent: 297 m
Descent: 282 m
[/TD]
[TD][IMG]http://www.drivingindubai.com/various/track09.jpg[/IMG]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Melfi
Golden Member
Golden Member

And Fida... and me... :022:

Convoy 2 was fast and a higher level than I was expecting - all drivers did extremely well. Keep it up guys! :045:
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

[quote=Melfi;17763]And Fida... and me... :022:

Convoy 2 was fast and a higher level than I was expecting - all drivers did extremely well. Keep it up guys! :045:[/quote]

Oops , how come i did forget Melfi and Fida ?, maybe because they did a perfect drive and didn't make any trouble ...:033:

( previous post edited )
What goes around , comes around .
sanbloody

Yet another fantastic morning drive......i was in Abu Jimmy's convoy. We got some rescuing lessons given by Al Khatib and Abu Jimmy. We finished the dive with very few stuck-ups...
Thanks Marshals......Can't wait to see sand
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

an excellent morning for the club members!

welcome to almost4x4 ....... let the fun begin!!!
Arif

Thanks a lot guys for the wonderful weekend drive,see u in the sand soon.