Eggs in a Basket Game

Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

The Infamous Egg Basket, we've met at last!!

Throughout the last year that I have spent with Almost4x4, few were the occasions where the Egg Basket was not associated with malice, horror and abject terror. Almost all the seniors had some nasty stuff to say about the Egg Basket, it made it quite a dreadful place. In my mind, the Egg Basket is similar to Bermuda Triangle, if you go there you get stuck..

For the Marshals to organize a race in the Egg Basket tells you so much about the technical standards Almost4x4 expects from its members, their dedication to improve our skills, how much they trust us, and off course the wicked side of our Marshals:011:

Personally, I had no intention of competing against time. My opponent was the course itself. My objectives were very defined:
1- Finish the course
2-Don't damage my car (just got it from the garage)
3- Don't get stuck. As far as I am concerned
all objectives were met successfully. Placing 5th with 5 minutes behind Sarookh was a nice bonus.

Congratulations to the intermediate team on a job well done. Specially the top 3, who've earned their positions. And a thanks to the observers who waited patiently and did a great job. Thanks to the audience who took time to support us during this event.
The biggest thanks go to our Founders, Marshals and Explorers: hats off to you, without your guidance and support we would not have made it this far.
NaSeR
Golden Member
Golden Member

Great event as usual.. I was scouting the area to get best shots :005: and I was really impressed by the drivers specially Sarookh and Arminjune and the way they were handling long trucks in this area :045:. Thanks to all Marshals/Explores and members for the great job.

Here is the pictures and the video will be posted soon..

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 237&type=1
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

im lost for words as most of the other guys have expressed the exact same things i would like to share ......... i would like to share my gratitude to the senior members of almost4x4 for preparing us for the unprepared .......

a good offroad driver should never under estimate the dangers of driving in the desert ..... this egg basket challenge is a perfect example of what we prepare for week in and week out the whole year round ........ "to enjoy driving in any condition with the least problems" ......

one thing that ive noticed in my progression in almost4x4 is the way i can understand how to take the driving lines on a sand formation ....... this was very well evident that my intermediate brothers have developed this skill in the same manner as i have on how we all individually tackled the small sharp dunes of al lisailli .......

this challenge was basically that .... " A CHALLENGE" ...... something the marshals will not give you if they feel you are not capable of doing ......

i feel proud for myself and my intermediate brothers for having all out fun in total chaos with cars flying all over with out a single accident ......

congrats to sarookh and armind who proved that with the gigantic engines they have ...... it is always faster to go from point A to point B in a striaght line :011:

congrats to bashar my fellow XJ warrior to finish a strong second

thanks to all who organized and participated in this event as we all left with a smiling face .....

whats next?

keep the sand flying brothers
FSL

viva la truckers :028::045:
Trident

Congratulations to all who participated, I really misse this event. Hopefully next time.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear Members

First of all, you should see how the people were looking at you in the petrol station, it become a phenomenal that wherever almost4x4 off-road club is going to make a gathering, they block the whole area. That only shows how big our family is and strong is our relation.

Going back to Eggs in Basket game, Our marshals made a small change on the way playing the game to make it interesting by adding the GPS points & timing pressure plus the terrain in that ground. Our intermediate drivers did very well where all of them came back safely, The last one to reach was Kashmir – my hat is off for him for his athletic spirit to complete the whole round even that the event was finished.

As promised, the event was full of fun, laughter & challenging atmosphere

I would like thank our observers for helping to make the event successful , we wouldn’t be able to do it without you.

Best Regards

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
bu-hamdan
Advance
Advance

Hi almosters,:047:

For me personally, it was an excellent day. Specially after keeping my word that I’ll be the 1st … and I was, BUT from the other way around.:010::059:

As the great founder Bu Salem said: “ we are here to have fun and to drive back home safely”.. The target of the day was reached.:045:

My passenger was pleased for the gathering that he experienced with ALMOST4X4 FAMILY and he registered as a club member as soon as he reached home.

The sad :016: part in the event was ……….

I really missed MISS D and her screams or chats every 2min. over the radio. Hope to see you soon miss pink.:angel:

Thank you almosters -from founders to club members- for keeping the club family growth on the right track.
Very happy to see Almost4x4 Family is growing fast day after day.:043:

Regards,
Bu-Hamdan
Paul
Advance
Advance

Hi guys

I would like to start by thanking everyone involved in organising the event. We, the drivers, sometimes don't realise how much effort goes into organising an event. This particular event needed even more coordination because of all the check point marshals, roaming recovery marshals and observers dotted along the route..... Thank you everyone, we do appreciate you hard work.

When i saw the Egg Basket challenge posted on the forum last week, i was super excited. I have been to the Egg Basket area once before. It was about one year ago and i was newly upgraded. Last year the drive was an eye opener as to how hard it was. Everyone was getting stuck, even the good guys. I was reading the dunes wrong, panicking, driving too fast..... just to list a few of my mistakes.

This time was going to be a personal test, for me. My game plan was much like DL's..... take it slow, drive carefully, pick a good line, try avoid getting stuck and most importantly.... have fun.

I deflated my tires to 6psi, as there was not going to be much speed and i would try drive carefully to avoid a pop out. My thought was that extra traction in the soft sand would help.

I drove the whole way in 4L in 2nd and 3rd gear as on the small dunes, there was be no time/space to accelerate in 4H in 1st gear. I wanted higher rpm at the low speed.

Well it all worked out...... I completed the route and loved all 17 min of it.

For me, the leg between point 6 and 7 was the hardest. Lots of traffic, bigger dunes, steeper dunes, softer dunes, barbed wire......

Thanks to Almost4x4 and the wonderful family we have. It was a fantastic afternoon out. Lots of chit chat and friendly bantering.

Regards
Paul
delta83
Advance
Advance

woow not much left to say, other than big thanks to almost 4x4 family... it is realy the fastet growing family

challenge was so much fun .... seeing other fellow members trying to cross that little area and escaping all the ditchs and barb wires is fun...

i had the privilege of trying the CHEROKEE experience .. hahaha.. man i love my Nissan :D
i guess it s a must for everyone to try the Cherokee ride to understand what is the jeep thing :P :P

big thanks for all members who joined, founders and marshal for the nice and safe event
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am late and therefore have nothing more to add, everything has already been said.
Nevertheless I would like to thank all of you, without exception, for making this event successful!
It was my first time in this area, very funny :011:, I even got stuck one time :023: :021: .... any way it
was nice to see all the drivers moving inside these tricky small dunes in such a way, best compliments
to all of you....and to be honest I was not expecting two trucks on the podium......great job guys :045:
I think that last Friday we have seen the added value of Almost4x4 school.
Hope to see you all soon
Yoghy