Blended with Sand

Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

well, first of all I would like to start this report thanking Bu Salem and Capri for organizing such a trip!
We did drive 187km pure desert and this fact is self explanatory to show what kind of trip we had :008:
Oke, starting from the beginning now.....we all met at Al Wagan ADNOC petrol station, after refilling our tanks we reached the camping point where we spend good time chit chatting and eating (special mention for Fida's lamb chops :059:).
Around midnight almost everybody went to sleep. At 6am, wake up, breakfast and briefing....Bu Salem explained to all of us the track and with Capri the convoy's position were fixed....at 7am everyone was ready, at 7.11am Bu Salem took the lead and the trip started. It will be difficult the explain all 187km we did, but it was a mix between technical, speed, low dunes, middle high dunes, flat area......whatever scenario you can find in the desert we did it :028::051::030::059:!
So far it has been one of the best trip I did!!! Still have the adrenaline flowing
Thanks a lot to all drivers for making this event fantastic, all of you did a great job, thanks to Bu Salem for bringing Emanele with you, a baptism of the desert better than that could not be, thanks to Paula for having endured Tornado all time without air conditioning, thanks to Roby for bringing Raffo with you.
I don't know what I can add more....anyway, this trip was simply more than great!!!!
See you all soon on the sand :038:
Yoghy
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

Awesome camp. Awesome Drive. that bean said. lets get to details.
we found a great spot, but in a while some group of guys came and they were supporters of bush apparently. they kept saying we are scaring The Bush. when the sun came up we noticed we were camping by farm. and I think one camel name was bush.

when we got there at night, all went and did there camps, and grills. only two people brought wood, one of them was Ron. I think its good not to expect that others going to bring.

Almost everyone shared what they brought. Thanks to everyone who shared. cant remember everyone :-S I think I had coffee, soft drink, lamp, chocolate, vegetable stuff, bread stuff, and some other things. all in less than a min.

morning we started the drive. going thru some dunes, and then thru a flat land which I managed at some point to go 140 km. and then at some point I flew going over a small dune and lucky nothing happened but I got huge headache and eventually I started getting dessy. and felt like throwing up for about 1 hour at least. all this shows that there was risks, and challenges, which because I think we all did well other than my pop out. it felt easy. but it wasn't. if we didn't have good guide we could have got into trouble. that brings me to Bu Salim, thanks for volunteering to be the lead. I don't know how much people know the risks he puts in to be leader. I mean risk to his car.

We did many different types of dunes. I was hoping to get to soft sand area, but I think by that time we were all tiered and out of fuel.

Thanks to roby and Geni for lending me there compressor. and all who helped for my popout.

it was awesome meeting rest of Yoghybears family.

almost forgot, Ron slept alone, and woke up with a companion beside him. some guys are soo lucky.

lost my sandals in desert, they cost me less than 30 aed. but somehow this morning I found almost brand new crox sandals in front of my room, which I think its worth more than 150 aed. this world is full of mestory.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1020[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[TABLE="width: 900, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD]Statistics

Summary
Distance: 173 km
Area: 827 sq km

Time
Elapsed Time: 9:54:28
Moving Time: 5:12:55
Stopped Time: 4:41:33

Speed
Avg: 17 km/h
Avg Moving: 33 km/h
Max: 127 km/h

Elevation
Min: 97 m
Max: 175 m
Ascent: 2258 m
Descent: 2282 m

Particpants
  1. Shamsi
  2. Kashmir
  3. Roby
  4. Fida
  5. Yoghybear
  6. arminjune
  7. OffroadRon
  8. Miss D / Hassan
  9. Melfi
  10. Caprihorse
[/TD]
[TD][IMG]http://www.drivingindubai.com/various/track06.jpg[/IMG]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[TABLE="width: 900, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD]Statistics

Summary
Distance: 139 km
Area: 722 sq km

Time
Elapsed Time: 6:45:12
Moving Time: 4:22:46
Stopped Time: 2:22:26

Speed
Avg: 21 km/h
Avg Moving: 32 km/h
Max: 100 km/h

Elevation
Min: 72 m
Max: 197 m
Ascent: 3102 m
Descent: 3118 m

Participants
  1. Shamsi / Miss D
  2. Caprihorse / Ladylienka
[/TD]
[TD][IMG]http://www.drivingindubai.com/various/track07.jpg[/IMG]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
NaSeR
Golden Member
Golden Member

Day 2 :028:.. two brave marshals with two brave queens :045:
Hassan
Golden Member
Golden Member

outstanding drive and perfect track sellection.Abu sallam you make the impossible possible.No we can say almosters completed this track with pride....
All the drivers Kashmir,Roby,Fida,arminjune,Offroad,Ron,Miss D ,Melfi were at their best and perform out standing.
ladylienka
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks for this great trip, first day was great, second day was FANTASTIC with high level of adrenaline !!!!!!! :057:
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=ladylienka;16616]Thanks for this great trip, first day was great, second day was FANTASTIC with high level of adrenaline !!!!!!! :057:[/quote]

I can imagine, a real shame not be able to come :012:
by the way, your vegetables in oil were divine :059:
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

Liwaaaaaaaa J … Majestic Liwa indeed! :043:
The best Eid holiday I ever had… and as always.
Thanks to Almost4x4 for making my holidays a great one!:045:

I consider myself as lucky to be able to be there for both the days in Liwa…! Also I had the privilege to have Hassan the GREAT EXPLORER as my passenger! :028:
Day 1:
· Great camp, fire, food and fun!
· Trespassing Pathans who came to watch the show,,, who were then shooosed away by Shamsi (THE LOCAL) and Hassan (THE PATHAN IN SHORTS)
· Awesome weather & great company!
· Early morning,,, packing up to hit the dunes… Off Road-Ron was greeted by some scorpions in the morning…..Don’t worry he’s safe & alive!:013:
· All set and ready to go… around 7ish!
· Fun begins… big dunes, small dunes, red sand, super soft white powder sand, multi-color sand, technical dunes, big drops, small drops, sudden drops, sudden climbs, flat ground, Sabkha racing, all in all … we got all of it!!!
· Fun ends around 5ish… a good 9 HOURS of pure off-roading!!! What more can one ask for!

Day 2:
· I dint drive as it was an ADVANCED drive… but I had the great HOT SEAT again… Shamsi’s passenger!!! Yipeeeee…
· Pure fun for approx… 6 hours!
· AWESOME rollercoaster ride that was!
· Started @ Hameen & ended @ Mureeb!
· Did the great Mureeb drop…woooohooooo!
· Hit the roads and back to home by 8pm!!!
All over an amazing fun filled 2 days of PURE FUN!

Thank you the entire team who had joined, it would never be fun without all of you… and special thanks to Shamsi for awesome lead, Capri for making sure no one is left out and yes we also had a Bear in between ( Our beloved YOGHYBEAR)

Love you all and miss you till next time…:038:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1024[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear Members

I think no matter how much we explain to you about the fun we had, it will be hard for us. Pictures might give a brief idea but you have to see it for yourself. I don't agree with Caprihorse GPS cuz my distance matter showed 187 km of off-roading. Thanks to all Marshals ( Caprihorse, Youghybear & Hassan ) for your support and guidance to our member and Thanks for our members who joined this drive and made it another success for almost4x4 family.

I’m very impressed with our intermediate drivers who joined this drive cuz those are the fresh upgrade not the old ones and still they managed to do the whole terrain with no major issues which shows how sold our drivers are.

Looking forward to have more adventure with you guys/girls in the REAL LIWA.

[IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/images/liwa.jpg[/IMG]

Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills