Be a Star!

bobpavan
Intermediate
Intermediate

1 Mile length Convoy with 42 cars....was an Amazing view from all Angels..!!
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

Agree with Bob....what a convoy!!! I was wondering how the Marshal's would manage....but as always the marshal did a amazing job!!!

Actually, even better than a normal convoy ..there was one Intermediate driver in between every 2 Club Member/Newbee!!! So help was always available!!!!

Three Cheers to almost4x4 and its Marshal's!!
Hip hip...... hooray!
Hip hip...... hooray!
Hip hip...... hooray!
Nbaker
Intermediate
Intermediate

First time ever in the desert..couldn't have been better! everyone was extremely helpful and informative, learned a LOT today!

can't wait for the next adventure!
hailun
Intermediate
Intermediate

waiting for next weekend.
Desert Ranger

Very well organised trip. 42 cars !! one long convoy.. Job well done everyone!! :) a very different learning experience! Thanks to our marshals and members.. we loved the drive, especially the gazelle gazing part !! :)

Any video of this trip?? anyone?
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[TABLE="width: 900, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD]Summary
Distance: 20.9 km
Area: 13.9 sq km

Time
Elapsed Time: 2:54:55
Moving Time: 1:07:39
Stopped Time: 1:47:16

Speed
Avg: 7 km/h
Avg Moving: 19 km/h
Max: 58 km/h

Elevation
Min: 101 m
Max: 158 m
Ascent: 323 m
Descent: 284 m
[/TD]
[TD][IMG]http://www.drivingindubai.com/various/track02.jpg[/IMG]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
refad
Intermediate
Intermediate

The Trip May be slow but was giving a different experience, recovery of vehicle with out roll over by keeping all the safety as primary.
AND For me......Thanks to our Marshals and Senior almosters FIXING My car in the middle of the desert. Thanks to Camel for taking me as a passenger and drove back for recovering the car.

IN SIMPLE WORDS - FELT THE FAMILY BONDING.

I hope its good to have a long convoy atleast once in 3 months - May be for a full day drive by preparing and having lunch in the desert itself, as the comming months the temperature will be very low:011:
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

This trip was my 'comeback' after more than one month out of the desert due to problem with my car.
I have to say that it was really special to meet you all after so long time and I was well happy about the warm welcome, thanks a lot guys, you all are great people :045:
Since my engine is new, I had to be very quite, so no recovery, nothing at all....I was therefore the sweeper, I worked to make sure that none of the long convoy was lost.
The trip was nice, I think the ideal path for Tornado's new engine and for club members as well, not too difficult but interesting and for most of us in a new area.
Thanks to Bu Salem, Capri, Zico and Abu Jimmy for the organization and management of the trip with a so long convoy and a lot of thanks to all participants. whatever the level, for having once again contributed to a good Almost4x4 day
See you soon all
Yoghy
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

we all met at Emarat petrol station , after gathering we moved to deflating point . after deflating and breifing , the 42 cars convoy started to move into the desert , covering around 20 km with few stucks and a single pop out . the track was amaizingly entertainig( camels ,gazals, non operating car , UFOs , Aliens and other objects ), we hit some very soft sand spots where cars can get stuck in a flat area , and some did . by noon we reached the road , inflate and we go. another great trip with great company.

Regards to all.
What goes around , comes around .
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear Members

As planned by the marshals 2012/2013 Season is going to be another strong season for almost4x4 family. The morning drive ( Be a Star ) started with 42 cars, some might think how our marshals can handle that, well we just demonstrated how good our people work when they play as a team. Special Thanks for our maestro (Zico) who played a great role in organizing & guiding our Club Members.

I could see that our club members had great time while enjoying the tour . You could call it an out training day in the desert plus some fun. Thanks for the people who joined us and Congratulations for our members who got their FIRST STAR.

Looking forward to see you all again in the sand

P.S: Thanks Fari for joining me in Mini Me ... I told you it is a winter car .... NO A/C :013:

Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills