Sand Contact, 7 September 2012

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Amazing trip, great drivers. We met us this morning at Tawi Nazwa shops, adrenaline loaded drivers, more than 30, and majority already before meeting time 6 am in the morning. A bit of chat, checking the list of available and let’s go to the deflation point.

We split the whole group into two convoys, where Convoy 1 was led by Explorer Hasan and Convoy 2 by Shamsi.

Convoy 1 started eager to Sand Contact and the first stuck with following pop-out was bringing attention to other drivers after just 20 minutes of the drive.

The first third of the trip challenged the drivers with technical small and sharp dunes; however everybody was mastering this section excellently. After climbing Pink Rock and having some photo shoot at this great area, we received S.O.S. signal from another group down somewhere with difficulties how to solve out the situation with standard pop-out. Unfortunately they didn’t have the right tools, so we helped them as we are just one a big family in desert.

The second third, towards Al Fayah, brought to the drivers higher dunes and a bit more challenges, for some drivers who relaxed at this tricky territory.

The last third, towards Camel and Fossil Rock, brought the most excitement, as we were forced to drive high dunes, roller-coaster style, soft sand and again deep bowls. Everybody mastered this section to the overall satisfaction.

We arrived to ADNOC Tayba around 11am, after driving more than 39 km, avg speed 23 km/h, of pure sand and having a great Sand Contact.
samjed46

excellent lead by Hassan and it was fun ( total) to drive behind him and i really enjoyed today's drive to the most as was away from ALMOST for along time but never the less today's drive was the best after a long time, thanks to Caprihorse,Hassan, Shamsi and all others at today's drive.
Desert Ranger

I have to say this was one of the most fun filled drive I had with the Almost4x4 family. So many lessons learnt.. Drive towards the meeting point was itself very beautiful as the sun was rising on our way, making the sky change its color from black to sky blue.. Start of the trip lead by Hassan (convoy 1) looked fairly easy until I landed my car on the top of the crest moving to nowhere and then the first pop-out while recovering it from the same :033:.. As we moved further dunes got higher and the scenic view of the trip got more and more interesting. The drive became more challenging and there were some point where the climb was extremely high, some made it in single attempt while others had to give another try, while at some points we had to change to alternate route before wasting precious time.. During the trip we met al shamsi (convoy 2) and then i gave my car an extra push after getting inspired by his "mini me" :D !! The drive was really fun!! There were drops, there were s-curved dunes, there were steep climbs, there technical turns and lots and lots of adrenaline rush :060:!! The ending got more interesting as we departed the Fossil rock.. Lovely scenery!! Lovely drive.

Thank you almost4x4 for letting us know that there exist this part of life.. Lots of valuable lessons learnt. Thanks to all members. Thanks to our marshals. Thanks to everyone.. Hope to see you in Sand very soon.. Had a superb Sand Contact :045:
Rahulmanan2

Hi....I have no words to say about our club, where every time I am learning n implementing new ways to our drive with proper hand holding and with able guidance...Hats Off to all.....
It was Wonderful drive....Even i don't want to miss any single Drive....Great Lead by MR Hassan...as always...

Thanks Mr. Capri THE GREAT MARSHAL taking me in this drive....n Thanks to all my co drivers which make this event wonderful....See you all soon....TC
bombays
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi,
Capri has explained in detail. It was indeed an one of the best drives i had with ALMOST 4x4. I enjoyed a lot while climbing the Al Fayaa Dune. Thanks Capri , Hassan , Bu Adam and all members and Marshals.
Bu Adam
Intermediate
Intermediate

As usual another great drive with the family of Almost 4X4, and I had the privilege of driving behind two great Marshals on one day, Mr Bu Salem and Mr Capri, as I started the morning trip being a second lead behind Bu Salem in convoy number 2, and later that morning I was the Sweeper in Capri's convoy number 1,
I had loads of fun and I thank you dear Marshals for your trust and support, and a thank you note to all my brothers and sisters who were driving with me,
I'm not gonna talk a lot about the drive it self but I'm gonna share with you the story after the drive:
At around 11.00 and while we were heading to the petrol station my wife called me to say that she's in Labor, so the Shamsi and the guys were nice enough to let me inflate the tires ahead of them and vrooom i was driving at 160 KM/H towards my house to pick up my wife and go to the hospital,
And Al Hamdu LILLAH I was blessed with a beautiful baby girl we named Sara, so now I'm introducing the youngest member of Almost4X4,
Many thanks to all of you who shared me their prayers and best wishes,

I'll see all soon,
[CENTER][ATTACH=CONFIG]948[/ATTACH]Fresh out of the oven LOL[/CENTER]
Regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bobpavan
Intermediate
Intermediate

First of all...a Big Congratulations Bashar. May God bless you, wife and kid with good health and Happiness.

A Great drive once again, had the privilege to drive behind Master Shamsi being his 5th lead:011:. Infact, It was great fun to drive as his 5th lead. Before starting the drive, Shamsi described the term "Sand Contact" very nicely. Sand contact meaning having contact 'with the sand' and not 'into the sand', however, Shamsi and myself still wanted to have a real sand contact, therefore both of us tried out having stucks and were successful in doing that:005:. my buddy offroadRon had to pull me off and Shamsi's Buddy Bu Adam had to pull him off.

Otherwise, the drive went very well and exciting passing by pink rock, coffee dunes-(very scenic), camel rock and fossil Rock.

As always, driving with almost is amazing, learning new stuffs, experiencing different types of dunes, etc..

Thank you all and see you all soon.
refad
Intermediate
Intermediate

The words are insufficient to explain about the trip, the enjoyment which we got from the trip was amazing. Thanks for Caprihorse , Hassan and Bashar for the taking us different level of terrains. and the senic was also nise. i missed to bring the camera with me.TOTALY The trip Was JAM PACKED WITH ENJOYMENT
Big Red
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thank you to all our Marshals. Was a good trip hope you like the videos

[video=youtube;boJPmKhH0yw][/video]

[video=youtube_share;2JZmf93NMLU][/video]

[video=youtube;nNRq3tCcW8g][/video]

[video=youtube_share;HhkjL_ucn94][/video]

[video=youtube_share;6vU8xyjRndc][/video]

enjoy :))

Go to my facebook for the pics :))www.facebook.com/benjamyn.giordano