Escape the City Drive

Big Red
Intermediate
Intermediate

Ladies and Gents,
Marshals, Advanced, Intermediates, Newbies and Club members.

Well well well what a fantastic day, We did the usual thing meet up, have our little briefing and Introduce ourselves to some of our newest club members .... welcome to our club ... i might be a bit bias ... but it is the best :015::015:.

We headed from the shops in Badayer to our deflation point at the base of BIG RED and from there proceeded to Fossil Rock introducing our club members to what it is like driving in the sand. Slow but surely a couple got stuck and experienced the ups and downs of these fantastic dunes we have here.

After stopping for about 5 minutes near a little farm we continued on. Remember Club members distance is an important part of staying in the convoy it is crutial to everyones safety. We proceeded on to Fossil Rock and set up our mats and had wonderful talks about ever whatever came to mind.

Club members it was great to have your enthusiasm on the drive and i hope you keep up the spirits. In the mean time i will leave you with some photos and videos will follow.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 740&type=1
Rahulmanan2

Great Pics....Thanks
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think this was very nice and sweet trip and I am impressed with everyone's peroformance. I personally believe that the club members have done a very good job in the few "technical" obstacles in our way. I don't really remember a trip with newbies and club members that went this smooth. The track chosen by the leader was perfect for the convoy's mix and had plenty of learning opportunities. You guys are great, keep it up...

Ofcourse we had our share of "keep distance" but the learning was quick and on the way out the trail of lights was evenly spaced, at least from my point of view.

The weather was horrible when I was driving to Al Badayer, but once we landed on top of Pinky, things were much better.

Thanks Se7es for organizing this trip and giving us permission for free play, and for Abu Jimmy for his guidance. Thanks Al Khatib for your presence and support and the surprising Eidiya from Bu Salem. Mazaj and Falasi are some of the best people to have around Thank you all.

I only have one question, why no one brought BBQ? I brought 2 cans of flamabble fluid to light the fire... grrrr
twelveten

After my first drive with almost4x4 i would like everyone for the welcome.

Hope to be back in the sand very soon.
bombays
Intermediate
Intermediate

It was another great drive with ALMOST 4X4. My daughter (5yrs) had first hand experience of desert driving. She just loved it. She was quite impressed with the convoy and related it to her line up at school assembly. She had questions in her mind as who and how the convey is moving. We explained as bu salem is the principal se7ez and jimmy as their class teachers majaaz, DL and falasi as class monitors. And all club members and newbies as fellow student. She adores Bu Salem as she got eidi and choclates. She has confirmed her seat by saying " when I will get my license I will also come and drive with almost 4x4. ( She knows that this is dad's desert driving learning school ). My wife and son loved the drive as location was well selected. Special thanks to bu salem to give my family. Our first ever eidi.thanks se7es ,khatib,abujimmy, miss D,al falasi,DL, mazaaj and all the members for making this drive memorable
refad
Intermediate
Intermediate

[ATTACH=CONFIG]925[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]926[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]927[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]928[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]929[/ATTACH]
Noggy

Dear all,

Had a fantastic day/evening, was my first time driving on the sand but I enjoyed it very much. Thank you for all the moderators/marshalls help. I felt the whole event was very professionally organised and will definitely be returning!

Desert Lizard - I brought a BBQ and lots of food but it was too windy to light a BBQ so will be eating it all tonight instead.

Look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Nick (White VW Toureg)
se7es77
Golden Member
Golden Member

It was a smooth drive and we enjoyed a lot at the pink rock, new drivers did well for the first drive with the club hope to see you all again.
thanks to all drivers who joind and helped in making this trip successful.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear all

Eid Mubarak again. although I had only few hours before my flight, :059: I couldn't resist just ONE MORE DRIVE before I leave for 2 weeks :035:. I came late so I couldn't join the convoy so I decided to drive the opposite direction. I started the drive from Pink Rock and drove towards Big Red although I could hear the members on the radio but unfortunately they couldn't ( I can hear dead people :037: ) so I had to do the SEARCH & RESCUE style which means reach the highest dunes and look for lead. I found the convoy not very far from big red and offered Se7es77 help but Ben asked to give his friends a special drive so I had to drive SOLO again ... welll , sorry Se7es77 for leaving and thanks Ben for letting me go :011:. By Pink Rock I met the whole convoy and it was a great chance for me to greet everyone for EID and after a while I had to leave :019:.

It was another great drive in the desert and the weather was our friend :045:

Best Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills