Mood for Desert

Gorgin4325

Hi guys,

Once again I think we all had a fantastic Friday with our second (or in some cases, first) family!

The drivers met up at the Emarat gas station on Kelba Rd. I did not count all the cars, but it was definitely a very large group.

The senior marshals split up the convoys into 3 I believe. It was an absolute honor to be a part of gOOgloid's convoy on his last official drive with Almost4x4. We wish him all the best on his new ventures.

This drive was special in more than one way for me. I also had the pleasure of having my good friend, salhinai, as a passenger and "navigator"!!!

The other thing that made it super special was the fact that Bu Salem and Caprihorse decided to put me as the sweeper in the intermediate convoy. Thank you guys :) Being a sweeper allows you to take some REALLY good pictures of the entire convoy!!! I loved it, it was a great experience too.

The drive was smooth and tricky at times. The territory was familiar, but gOOgloid found a way to make it more interesting by choosing his path uniquely.

At Al Faya, we all got a chance to challenge the dunes and have a bit more fun. Luckily, there were no stucks or pop-outs during the entire drive. It was simply a smooth drive with beautiful scenery.

I like to thank all the marshals and participants for the wonderful time, and I cannot wait to catch up with you next week.

Cheers,
G
NaSeR
Golden Member
Golden Member

Here is my report :011:

[video=youtube;O0mKi2mv3ko][/video]
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

awesome soundtrack naser!!!!!!

you cant not smile while listening to it
BettyPo
Advance
Advance

Thank you Googly for leading, I am glad having followed your last drive to get to see you in action once more, but hey, never say never for the last time. I am sure paths crossing again sooner or later. Take good care of yourself and find some dunes for me to play for my visit in Perth!
Thanks to all others and G! Had a nice afternoon!
Rashidjass
Marshal
Marshal

Naser good idea :pirate:

Here is my trip report http://www.facebook.com/straudico#!/med ... 140&type=1

But i like to thank gOOgloid for wonderful drive and wish him all the best :045::045:

Thank you Gorgin and all the drives Alfalasi, Strawb, Madlen, PettyPo, Bader, Pwood and very special member Salhinai

ALMOST4X4 :045::045::045::045:
Straight Roads Do Not Make Skillful Drivers yuush
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

My Trip report.......NaSeR Style!!

mitsu_man

@dear all

Please accept a note of gratitude from my side for having us aboard this short yet wonderful trip......was indeed an opportunity to meet up with like minded folks and.....most importantly..... learnt a great deal about driving in the desert! Thanks once again!

@caprihorse
Thanks for putting me on the list....owe you on that!
googloid
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks all, it was indeed a pleasure leading! My first lead responsibility came as a complete suprise thanks to the almost 4x4 marshals - they always find a way of suprising you no matter how well you are prepared:))

Bitter sweet feelings leaving my almost family as I move on... Out of sight will never be out of mind... and as Betty Po said... never say never.

Many many thanks to Almost, the marshals whom without I wouldnt have learnt a thing about the sand, my fellow explorers - it was a pleasure going through all those steps together to get to where we are. And ofcourse all members... i will miss you all and the fantastic drives together....

Tata... and till we meet again..
PEACE!!!
salhinai
Advance
Advance

Dear All,

It was a real pleasure to see all of you out there. The drive was nice, interesting and riding as a passenger with my buddy Gorgin who made it easier than it really was which made it even more fun. I am glad that I came along I enjoyed every minute of it. The only sad part was that it was the last official drive with googloid, I wish him all the best on his new life. I would like to thank all the trip members for making this trip as a nice ice breaker for me, and special thanks for Gorgin for offering my a seat as a passenger.
BADER BARGHOUTHI
Advance
Advance

thanks googloid for smoth interesting trip and yr help on the top of al faya :033: all the best and u always have a place in our heart and mind , just take care of yrself and keeeeeeeeeeep intuch here and facebook..

:012: we will miss u sooooooooooo much