Clash of the Deserts

salhinai
Advance
Advance

[quote=Mazaaj;12128]Salaam Bro and I'm really sorry about what happened and sorry for not being there to give you a hand as I was outside the country. As the guys said it's risky and we shoul;d be prepared. Thanks god that you are fine..metal can be fixed..will c u soon in the desert inshalah[/quote]

7abibi Mazaaj,

Thank you for your kind words and thought. Will in sha Alah rid with you guys soon.
Paul
Advance
Advance

Hi guys

Salhinai, I am very sorry to hear about your rollover. Thank God you are unharmed physically and unshaken mentally regarding your return to the sand when your FJ has had its Rest & Recouperation.
If you need a seat to 'get your Offroad fix' you are always welcome in my Jeep, or to use my Prado.... It is missing the sand.

DC, thanks for the great drive. It was the first time I have driven with you and it was fantastic. I was swopping 2nd and 3rd place most of the day with Rashid. I find the near unknown of being near the front of the convoy chalenging. The dunes around Sweihan are soft and steep. This made it rather technical and tricky. I loved it. The details of the drive have been covered by others, so I won't repeat it. We keep hearing how "this was the best drive". It is true. On each drive you have learned a little and gained some more skills and this leads to a more exciting and enjoyable drive next time. So yes it was the best.

Capri, thanks for being sweeper/evidence collector...... The picture of me pulling an FJ was great. You cant see it in the picture, but the FJ has with a rather ironic "Jeep recovery team" sticker on it. That made it priceless!!!!
Thanks for the advice on proper Viking rope technique. I needed to get much more speed while the rope was slack. I guess this is even more of an issue considering my light weight Jeep pulling the big heavy FJ....hehehe ....couldn't resist.

Things I learned from this trip: Better preparation..... I thought I did a great job and checked Google map and checked the distance from the the closest gas station to the morning meeting point. No problem......I headed out from home with enough time, considering the distance and the fuel stop at Sweihan. My huge assumption...... The gas station at Sweihan will have a shop. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. All shops in Sweihan are closed at 6:30 on Fridays......I was planning to buy all my shacks and water there...... I only had a 2 leter flask of water. Thanks for Rashid and DC for for helping a thirsty Jeeper.

Thanks to DC, Capri and almost4x4.

Regards
Paul

PS: sorry for the delay in my trip report. I have been busy at work...... Now have the 'pleasure' of a 48 hour stop in Lagos.....
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

That was my FJ you pulled Paul....many thanks .....and I appreciate the way you kept silent about that sticker when you were doing the recovery.

Its just a joke by the way between Jeepers and the FJ people.....I turned down DC's offer of a pull from front once i saw you come up to help.....I knew there would be some interesting pictures and comments that would come it.
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

PW bro on this trip I was without flag pole so sorry if you had any difficulty in the 2nd lead position, I think Rashid is use to me without flag but may be something cursing me for so miser to invest a few pennies on this tiny life saving pole:)))-
I got a very long long long wipe so this time you can spot me easily behind the dune ::)))-
Keep coming and every time we will drive in different areas with different styles.
Working on some area where we will do roller coaster going up and down vertically with no side cresting :))))-
Paul
Advance
Advance

Hi guys

Wasif, it's always a pleasure to help out. Even if you are in a FJ...... Hehehe, only kidding. I am well aware of the Jeep vs. EVERONE argument.....
it was great to meet you. Nice chatting in the cool of the trees!!!

DC, no problem on the flag pole.

Regards
Paul
Mazaaj
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=pwood;12166]Hi guys

Salhinai, I am very sorry to hear about your rollover. Thank God you are unharmed physically and unshaken mentally regarding your return to the sand when your FJ has had its Rest & Recouperation.
If you need a seat to 'get your Offroad fix' you are always welcome in my Jeep, or to use my Prado.... It is missing the sand.

[/quote]

That's so kind of you Paul
salhinai
Advance
Advance

[quote=pwood;12166]Hi guys

If you need a seat to 'get your Offroad fix' you are always welcome in my Jeep, or to use my Prado.... It is missing the sand......[/quote]

Dear Paul,

Your generosity and kindness makes me speechless. Thank you will never be enough to express my heart felt gratitude to you. One thing that this whole situation has proven again, is how great our Almost4x4 family is. I am really proud to be part of Almost4x4.
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

Yalla Brother! where can i pick u up from on thursday nite? u can drive my car as i have no clue how to reach the destination :022:...BLACK PEARL will be ur drive for the nite!
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Miss D;12191]Yalla Brother! where can i pick u up from on thursday nite? u can drive my car as i have no clue how to reach the destination :022:...BLACK PEARL will be ur drive for the nite![/quote]
Secret is revealed into the public :011:

We are doing such a trip to strengthen the relation between driver and GPS device, as we were discussing between us, that many Intermediate and Advanced drivers have this device in their car as a decoration only and have no clue how to use it !!! :032:

So, in your case you are not allowed to create mini convoys with anybody, even sitting in your car ...

So my dear friend, you have several options:
  1. Read the book
  2. Learn how to use your GPS device
  3. Take with you strong flashlight, laser, to send Morse SOS signals, when you get lost
  4. Don't forget to have fully charged mobile and radio
  5. Have a plenty of water and food with you (calculate for one week)
  6. Inform your nearest friends and Civil Defense about your intention to explore the desert in the night on your own
And I hope, that you'll get many constructive advices and suggestions from the others as well.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Miss D;12191]Yalla Brother! where can i pick u up from on thursday nite? u can drive my car as i have no clue how to reach the destination :022:...BLACK PEARL will be ur drive for the nite![/quote]
Pls follow my reply here :011: - http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... unes-brave