Clash of the Deserts

Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Let me start as everyone else is so tired :))-
I met Hassan and Wasif at Adnoc sweihan where we filled our tanks.Reached to meeting point where our fellow off roaders were listening to valuable advices of Bu Salem and legendary marshal and king of Capriland The Caprihorse :))-

Now something struct me by surprise when Capri ask me to lead the intermediate convey, I will thank to him for the trust he put on me but No Thanks for the surprise because he told me I will be 2nd lead, I was not mentally ready for this :((-
we started and it was my first unexpected lead with the club, I don't know how it was but I feel the drivers enjoyed because I was doing the things my way hehehe, I everyone in the convey inspired me with their driving skills the sand was cruel soft and the profile of dunes were sharp where we did everything possible in desert in this hot weather.
It was a great drive with so great drivers and friends.
Thanks Marshal Capri for your trust and hope you were not disappointed.
Thanks Wasif Bhai for coming and joining us on my special request it is always fun driving with you.

Rashid great drive as usual an nice second lead.
Pwood nice drive good control and congrats for reaching the highest point on Nagra dune.
Miss D you are great and good driver with every drive and truth is I am proud of you.
Salhinai amazing drive and really enjoyed driving with you,
Alfalasi nice meeting you for first time and nice drive Bro.
Delta you are great with good muscle and big car with nice smile and good driving enjoyed your company a lot.
Gene good driving and it is always pleasure meeting and drivin with you.
Strawb good drive buddy with nice Cherokee and amazing Tattoos :)))
Hassan ,,,, no words for you because I don't like desert without you :)))-
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

Wow...that was an amazing day ...an amazing drive with such great people. Thanks to Capri for having me and to Shafiq for twisting my arm to get up at 5.30 AM on a Friday and drive 125KM for this...even my wife cant make me do this after so many years.......but it was definitely worth the effort.

Having not driven in the desert for a while I was a bit rusty at the start but settled down to keep the pace and enjoyed the drive. Though not a big fan of side cresting following Shafiq one cant avoid them can you !

It was a pleasure meeting a lot of guys and the two ladies and putting faces to names I know from the forum.

Love the pics on FB !
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

These two ladies are sweet cute caring smiling darlings and environment friendly pillars of the club:))))))-
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

I know that people are becoming lazy with growing age, but I never know the off roaders are becoming much more lazy when they promoted from newbie to intermediate to write the report.
Mostly marshals are lazy in writing reports because they are old :)))))- but gold.
salhinai
Advance
Advance

What can I say one more perfect day with my almost4x4 family. Shafiq Bai it was a real pleasure to drive behind you under the watchful eyes of our great Capri. Needless to say that I have managed to have a pop out :011:. Sorry Capri I tried hard not to have one. At around 11nish I join the newbie drive to go out to the road so we can go and pray. After prayer we stopped at the filling station to top up our supplies and join the guys who were refueling, at this point with his great wisedum he got back his jack and board we used earlier which were just left un restrained in the back of my car.
We then hit the road to rejoin the fellow intermediate drivers to go for the second part of the trip, when we got to the meeting point Bu Salam told us that the rest of the team had enough for the day and are going back. As a great leader,that he is, Bu Salam asked us what do we want to do, and we all said we came to drive this afternoon and that is what we are doing. Honestly who would have the chance to drive with Bu Salam say no to that, are you crazy. The drive was the best ever drive, I never had it that good since I started offroading. At some point we reach this gorgeous bowl with nice wall and saw strawb and Hassi crossing it successfully and I started to go over it and saying to myself wow this is perfect. Suddenly I felt the car crossed over, how and why I still have no clue, I felt the flying carpet flew in the air for a very short brief, and landed and then the tumble dryer took over the action stage:032:. Now I know how the clothes feel when they are put in the dryer:010:, things flying around you squeaky sounds and as it started suddenly it ends suddenly. I called on the radio and opened seatbelt, the door and walked away, Alhamdu Lilah, not even with a scratch and I see Abu Salam at the top of the dunes coming down in a hurry. I sincerely can not thank Bu Salam, Miss D, strawb, Hassi and last but not least Alfalasi, words can not give them the dues they deserve. They made me comfortable, fixed 3 pop out:008:, it had to end with pop outs (Capri), flat tier and drove the car out, man I had a 5 star treatment, and arranged for Saad and recovery.
let me rap up this is becoming to long, Bu Salam I'll drive under your flag any day and anywhere, to the whole team I consider myself to be blessed that Alah have made you there for me, you guys are the best.
And this is why I'll continue to drive with Almost4x4.

Now I leave you with some shots, Capri you missed this one:011::
[ATTACH=CONFIG]733[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]734[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]727[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]728[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]729[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]730[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]731[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]732[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Salhinai Bro, you are not the only one to have a flying license on 23 Dec it was me, I know what roll over mean. The amazing part is your soul and body which escape without any scratch. At one stage or at other almost everyone is going through the same accidents, it is like Chicken fox everyone has to go through :)))))-
it is part of this game we play in desert and hope you will come out of this accident a more mature and confident driver as you have a license very few people have :)))) and now you know nothing is going to happen to you even in this sort of roll overs when you drive an FJ,
May my DC1 RUST in Peace and your flying carpet come out of ICU soon,
Bro I was there searching for you guys in Adnoc and calling Bu Salem on radio , but didn't heard him, I wish to be with you in those moments
Bro love and miss you and wish to drive soon together and the same majestic bowl , I went to Liwa again when I got DC2 :)))))))-
salhinai
Advance
Advance

[quote=Duck Commander;12011]Salhinai Bro, you are not the only one to have a flying license on 23 Dec it was me, I know what roll over mean. The amazing part is your soul and body which escape without any scratch. At one stage or at other almost everyone is going through the same accidents, it is like Chicken fox everyone has to go through :)))))-
it is part of this game we play in desert and hope you will come out of this accident a more mature and confident driver as you have a license very few people have :)))) and now you know nothing is going to happen to you even in this sort of roll overs when you drive an FJ,
May my DC1 RUST in Peace and your flying carpet come out of ICU soon,
Bro I was there searching for you guys in Adnoc and calling Bu Salem on radio , but didn't heard him, I wish to be with you in those moments
Bro love and miss you and wish to drive soon together and the same majestic bowl , I went to Liwa again when I got DC2 :)))))))-[/quote]
Thanks brother, I can't wait till the car is out to drive with you guys. With all my love to my Almost4x4 family.
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

[quote=Duck Commander;12011]Salhinai Bro, you are not the only one to have a flying license on 23 Dec it was me, I know what roll over mean. The amazing part is your soul and body which escape without any scratch. At one stage or at other almost everyone is going through the same accidents, it is like Chicken fox everyone has to go through :)))))-
it is part of this game we play in desert and hope you will come out of this accident a more mature and confident driver as you have a license very few people have :)))) )))))-[/quote]

Totally agree with D.C. , off roading is an extreem sport with a certain level of risk,we all know that, and still we are willing to take this risk for sake of the love we have for this sport. I had a similar experince in last february when i barely dodged a tree and ended up side down. all i can say is , thank allah that you are safe and sound , and never let this minor incident hold you back from doing what you love the most. hope to see you soon in the sand along with " Bisat Al Ree7 " .
What goes around , comes around .
salhinai
Advance
Advance

[quote=Abu Jimmy;12013]Totally agree with D.C. , off roading is an extreem sport with a certain level of risk,we all know that, and still we are willing to take this risk for sake of the love we have for this sport. I had a similar experince in last february when i barely dodged a tree and ended up side down. all i can say is , thank allah that you are safe and sound , and never let this minor incident hold you back from doing what you love the most. hope to see you soon in the sand along with " Bisat Al Ree7 " .[/quote]
Thanks Abu Jimmy: can't wait to to hit the dunes again
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

Dear twin bro ..... the most important thing is that u came out of it totally safe and sound even no scratch... God's angels were with u this is for sure...cuz what i saw was very shocking for me.... cudnt control my tear while i hugged you. Im glad i could do my best to comfort you and assist you as much as i could.
Now i love ALMOST family even more as i saw the hard team work that was put into getting your car back on tracks in no time and making sure all needed was done.. police...recovery...
God bless you brother :057: