Catch Me If You Can

delta83
Advance
Advance

first time i see capri so frustrated ... it must be so bad ...
every member here should be grateful to all the marshals and founders of this club...
in somehow they changed your life... your weekend schedules... i can see ppl nagging to have a weekend drive... like they cant even plan their own weekends... this what Almost family does.. and totally free.. and with so much love and patience to teach the newcomer

now as for the littering ... i hope there will be no shame... but if we know who did it... i would suggset on the next trip to make them pick up all the trash and put it in their car... maybe they will learn :011:
salhinai
Advance
Advance

I was suppose to be in another convoy that only 2 enrolled members showed for it, and to be honest I think it is my great fortune that it happened this way as I had the privilege to drive behind Capri and Yogy. I was fortunate to be of help in this convoy and to see first hand, from an outsider prospective, what our great founders & marshals go through and the effort they put. All this out of their kindness and big hearts not expecting anything in return. I stand with respect to all our founders, marshals and explores and sincerely thank them for the time, effort, patience and many times spending their own money all this with the kindest smile you could see.

I love you Almost4x4.
bu-hamdan
Advance
Advance

:016:Ohh, Nooo….. it seems my elder brother “Capri” is so disappointed.

From my side, I personally apologize for not showing up on Friday morning. Although I mentioned the reason ‘at night’ there in the camp. :022:

Trust me brother if I could I would, because I would love to give you hand in rescuing the cars which got stuck or to fix pop outs & I know how difficult for ONE MARSHAL and ONE SWEEPER to help bunch of drivers who always say “ we are not 1st time in the desert” and it shows from the way they drive(Every 100 meter stuck or pop out). :010:

Since I joined this WONDERFUL club, I used to call Marshals & Sweepers at end of every trip to say THANK YOU BROTHERs:038:, because what they deliver to members sometimes more than what the real brother does. :cheerful:

I’m still doing, and “IN SHA ALLAH” I will continue saying these three words which are very simple in saying BUT have DEEP meaning if they were said from the heart.

The Great Marshals never ask money or any related things for what they are giving members from their own time, experience, knowledge, ….etc. & guess what???? This is the feedback they got from members??? It’s really unfair.(that’s my own point of view).

In addition to the above mentioned…… members also should not forget the guidance of the Marshals and their help in getting off-road stuffs from the best places @ best prices.…

If I continued writing for the next couple of days, words wont be enough to describe you.. MARSHALS.

Big thanks from the deepest part of my heart to you MARSHALs & SENIOR MEMBERs for what you have taught me or even what I‘ve learned from you.

Regards,
Bu-Hamdan
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

Reading the comments above it is rewarding to see how people is close to the club and its marshals, thanks a lot to all!
I think we have now to keep behind us last Friday's trip.
For some reason (that I don't want to write, it would be unfair) and in some moment, it was really a mess, but I guess that we all have to learn also from these difficult situations and improve more and more.
All we are doing it comes from our heart, we love our club, the desert and off-raod, if everybody participates with the right attitude, modesty and willingness to learn it will be a good result for everyone.
Capri said : " ....on the other hand, we expect that participants are listening what we say..."
I would like to add: "first think then act"
I love Almost4x4 club, I love what I am doing, ..... that's it folks
See you soon on the sand.
Btw, Capri, you are a great marshal and an amazing person,
I want to see you next Friday with your usual big smile :060:
fida
Advance
Advance

Tanks Roberto.... This is the Spirit needed now... Lets Forget the Friday's Mishaps.. Not to forget the advised and learn from mistakes...
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=yoghybear;11639]reading the comments above it is rewarding to see how people is close to the club and its marshals, thanks a lot to all!
I think we have now to keep behind us last friday's trip.
For some reason (that i don't want to write, it would be unfair) and in some moment, it was really a mess, but i guess that we all have to learn also from these difficult situations and improve more and more.
All we are doing it comes from our heart, we love our club, the desert and off-raod, if everybody participates with the right attitude, modesty and willingness to learn it will be a good result for everyone.
capri said : " ....on the other hand, we expect that participants are listening what we say..."
i would like to add: "first think then act"
i love almost4x4 club, i love what i am doing, ..... That's it folks
see you soon on the sand.
Btw, capri, you are a great marshal and an amazing person,
i want to see you next friday with your usual big smile :060:[/quote]

"big smile really":011:?????????
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Yoghybear;11639]Reading the comments above it is rewarding to see how people is close to the club and its marshals, thanks a lot to all!
I think we have now to keep behind us last Friday's trip.
For some reason (that I don't want to write, it would be unfair) and in some moment, it was really a mess, but I guess that we all have to learn also from these difficult situations and improve more and more.
Capri said : " ....on the other hand, we expect that participants are listening what we say..."
I would like to add: "first think then act"
I love Almost4x4 club, I love what I am doing, ..... that's it folks
See you soon on the sand.
Btw, Capri, you are a great marshal and an amazing person,
I want to see you next Friday with your usual big smile :060:[/quote]
------------------------------------
[ATTACH=CONFIG]703[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aemi
Intermediate
Intermediate

Lady and Gentlemen, welcome to "Catch me if you can".(There was only one lady)
When we heard this aunnouncement,It was 7.30 in the Friday morning. Meeting started and finished in few minutes.
Flag poles were fixed,4wheels were engaged,Tires were deflated and adrenaline level was set at its highest.
“It is the day to defeat Capri”We thought.
Guys, Are you ready..?Capri asked.
Yes.Very much ready. We replied like soldiers.
O.K. Lets see if we cross the first 500 meters.
Drive started in a very nice way.But what was that..?just after 200 meters We entered in “Gobi desert”.Our Marshal crossed it as it was a piece of cake.I did my best and I was lucky. Then Fida and Ben crushed it.Ron did it with little extra effort. We didn't see any other car behind us.
We heard on radio,I am stuck,stuck,stuck.
It was most beautiful music for Capri,brought a smile on his face.
Here I ll exclude the incident of Fida.A lot has been said.Not only Fida,We all have learned lesson. Anyhow Fida went back with heart hearted.I was upset."It is not a good sign".I thought.I felt sorry for him as he could not complete his drive while he was very aggressive that day.Fida is relly very nice person but a badluck put him undercloud.
Humidity level was 60 percent,atmospheric temperature was 28 degree and brain temperature of Capri was 180 degree when there was 2nd stuck.More than half time was passed and we were just few km away from starting point. Ditches,soft trappers and crests were waiting for us to swallow.
My Great Marshal Cpari put me on second lead.He wanted to keep an eye on me as he is very aggressive to promote me at next level as soon as possible.(keeping in mind for this promotion next level is club-member).
Any way a lot has been said above about this day.
I am sorry friends,I will not agree saying it unsuccessful drive. It was comprehensive,full of fun and learning drive. I do not know about Marshals but all drivers in this convoy are winners. Let me explain.
1-If Fida would not have gone back,we never learn such lesson.
2-If we didn't have pop-out at small down hill curve followed by little height,we never get pictures showing what is right/wrong.
So we learned pop-out technology.
3-A driver got a chance to conquer a dune more than 5 times (with two pop-out enjoyment).Marshall told him he will have to do it on
same track on his own.No other choice,No other way.
What others think,we did not learn anything from this excersize.?Offcourse we learned a lot..?
4-We came to know the initial symptoms of rollover.
5-Why avoiding the application of brakes steeping down from dune.?
How to avoid the” twisting dance" of rear portion of car while coming down from sand hill.We learned it.

Now I can say we defeated Cpari becouse We made him disclose some sescrets which he was hiding from us(no laugh...lol).it was only happened because we made such great stucks ..oh sorry drive.
So pl.it was an awesome drive.
(On friday evening I thought all newbi drivers of this convoy must be peromoted to next level by weekend.But it has not done so for.The reason could be there is no any level below the club-member)
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank you all for your feedback and posts. However I would like to say some comments for this trip and also for the future trips of this kind.

In general, this type of trip is for selected drivers, for which we think, they can be upgraded to Intermediate level. Driving Capriland shall show that the respective driver already gained some important off-roading skills and is confirming his earlier achievements. Of course there is not enough in learning, but this type of the drive shows, what you can expect later at real Intermediate or Advanced drives in different territories.
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

what Caprihorse mean,,,,, The new Capriland where we are driving tomorrow so be ready for more punishment:011: