Catch Me If You Can

Melfi
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hehehe :005:

I'm glad someone made this trip well lighthearted :045:
We managed to do 6 km in 3.5h... then another 6 in the last 45 mins...! :001:

Especially THANK YOU for mentioning about the recycling - it is highly disappointing and discouraging what I saw this weekend. And Thank You to Yoghy for taking care of cleaning up and taking the rubbish away. :045:

PS: Cheers Armin, for telling the world about my bumper... It had already cracked in a previous trip but this one did it! :022:
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

Wooooooo! Armin...ur good! :045:
sanbloody

You're right Amjed

It was indeed one of the memorable drive.......we covered a great distance except for some stucks and 2 pop outs including mine
:059:. All the drivers did extremely well

A BIGGGGG thanks to all the every body.

look forward to the next week drive.

Shamsi and Abu Jimmy...............u guys are great!!!

ROBY
Intermediate
Intermediate

It was very nice. Easy driving.. thanks to Shamsi:060:. To be the third one of the convoy permitted me to learn many tricks and to be more confident on the sand. I felt good and safe. Hope to see all soon
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

In the latest days, I'm not writing a lot, I'm just observing. At announcing this latest trip I had lots of expectations and hope about performance of the members participating at this trip. But now I'm totally frustrated, what a disaster it was. Maybe it's my problem, and we should take the easy route, between the dunes, not as typical as usually we are doing on this type of the trip.

I got the promises before the trip from the drivers, who were begging to come to this trip, but this was my wrong decision to accept them. And I'll promise to future drivers, I'll never accept anybody on this type of the trip, who I think is not qualified.

If you think, that we are paid, to drive with you, you are totally wrong. All our activities are on volunteer basis, if we are talking about Explorers, Marshals and Founders. Whatever we do, we are trying to share our knowledge and expertise, because of the sake of love to off-roading in a desert. But on the other hand, we expect that participants are listening what we say... and later can share with others in future their experience.
Big Red
Intermediate
Intermediate

I agree Completely with both DL and Caprihorse. I realise that Yoghybear and Caprihorse come out and show us in your own personal time and at your own expence for that you get a a HUGE thank you from Myself.

P.s. I apologise for the caps i read somewhere that its not appreciated but i really do mean a great big thank you and hope to learn more as the drives go on.
nasirdub
Intermediate
Intermediate

The second convoy was really a great trip (as usual).....the cake....the company......the scenery......the route.....the 'gazals' that were "12 o'clock" but more like 4 o'clock by the time I reached them......i guess they didn't yet realise how friendly Alomosters are.

Thank you to Al Shamsi and Abu Jimmy/co pilot and Miss D and the great bunch of people with us.
bombays
Intermediate
Intermediate

Second Convoy was great trip. Thanks for the Almost 4x4 cake kamran. Quite exciting as it was fast paced drive. Best was stage 3 where i learnt a lot. I guess It was the track for Egg Basket Challange. Had safari style drive while way back. Thanks a ton Al shamsi , abu jimmy and all crew . I do not know how to thank you guys for all the effort you take behind us. To let us gain experience. GOD BLESS YOU . GOD BLESS ALMOST 4x4...
refad
Intermediate
Intermediate

The second convoy trip was nise as it startyed with A tasty Birthday Cake from kamram " Happy Bithday Kamran'

As the strat was sweet, the trip was also sweet. execpt few popouts and stuck(popout includin me)

I second the opinin of DL and Caprihorse,but we are just new born babys in dersert driving, We want to hold your fingers and walk in the desert and slowly runing and then marathon, We all will try to keep High your Thoughts for making us a good driver in te derset

I from deep heart accepts some time we are to able to reach the mark you set for the evalution, But we wil attain the mark with help of dedicated traning from our ALMOST4X$ marshals and by adding our full commintement towords the Drive.
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

There is something which I learned in almost4x4 which has madea big difference on how I progressed as a PERSON and as an off-road aficionado ……..“DISCIPLINE” and “PATIENCE” ……… there maybe times that you would think you knowbetter than the marshals ….. but believe me …….. the almost4x4 marshals know what they say andthey know what they do!!!

Believe in them when in the convoy …… listen carefully tothe advise they give you and these small tips will take you a long long way!!!!……. From Al Shamsi to AL Khatib to Capri to Zico, Hamdan, Lamboo, Falcon, AbuJimmy, Se7e77 and all the other seniors ……. They will have nothing to say butwords and tips on how to improve your performance!!!

Take things on a positive note and you will grow!!!

Its not about the stars beside your name ….. its how youcrash the ridges and make the sand fly in the right direction!!!!

Leave your ego on the tarmac and enjoy driving in thesand!!!! Its all about fun and discipline!!!

A simple thing which our marshals request from us!

PEACE